Chapter Two - Michael

"Man come on we're gonna be late!" Michael Clifford groaned at his best friend and band mate, Ashton Irwin.

"I'll be out in a minute, the office is only a ten minute walk from here." Ashton replied as he tried to brush his teeth.

Michael was impatient, despite the fact that he was regularly late to band practice. He would whine for days if they were even 30 seconds late to this meeting; he may have been unprofessional on stage and with his band mates but things involving management were important to him.

Michael groaned once more and walked away from the bathroom door, he made his way to the kitchen to see Calum still eating his cereal, probably on his second or third bowl. Luke was MIA, they hadn't seen him at all this morning.

He ran his fingers through his newly black and red hair in frustration. Sometimes he questions why he chose these people to be in a band with.

Michael was the guitarist of 5 Seconds of Summer and his friends; Ashton, Calum and Luke made up the rest of quartet. They were preparing for a three month European/US tour that was scheduled to begin in just three days.

But, as always, something had to go wrong because at the last minute their support band dropped out. Now they were asked to attend a meeting with their management to discuss the tour. Hopefully it meant they had found a replacement band, rather than having to cancel the tour entirely.

"Luke says he's at the office already, he wants to know where the fuck we are." Calum said as he read a text off his phone.

Calum Hood was the bassist, and had known Michael for years. So if anyone knew how to wind Michael up it was Calum.

"Tell him we're on our way. Ashton, hurry the fuck up!" Michael called out, grabbing his jack off the back of a chair.

"One minute man, I just gotta go change my shirt." Calum smirked, walking past Michael.

"Calum" Michael whined, extending the 'u' in his name to express how annoyed he was.

"Just wear this."

Michael grabbed a tank top off the radiator beside him. It had All Time Low written on it, it was Michael's but they were so used to sharing clothes that no one cared who wore what anymore.

Ashton came into the kitchen as Calum threw the shirt over his head.

"Right, let's go."

***

"Hi boys." The receptionist smiled at them as walked up the front desk of the office building.

They had arrived just two minutes before they were supposed to, much to Ashton and Calum's relief because if they were late they would never hear the end of it.

"Straight upstairs, Pete's upstairs in another meeting right now but he'll come get you when he's ready."

They smiled at the receptionist and walked toward the elevator.

"See you didn't have to make us run here, we even have to go in yet." Calum pointed out, as the door of the elevator slid open.

Michael ignored his comment and starting messing around his hair, looking at his reflection in the shiny steel of the elevator walls.

As soon as they got off Michael and Ashton went to find Luke, Calum went into the little waiting room, since he didn't get a chance to finish his breakfast he decided he's grab something from the fridge in there.

"Luke!" Ashton called when they saw the blue eyed guitarist walking out of the bathroom. "Where have you been?"

"I went out to buy new guitar strings and figured there wouldn't be enough time to go back home before this meeting so I came straight here, what took you guys so long to get here?"

"They took their sweet time getting ready." Michael quipped, glaring at Ashton.

Ashton was about to say something in response when Pete, their manager, stepped out of a room along with a woman and two boys.

"Ah boys, you're here great!" Pete exclaimed when he saw the three boys standing in the hallway. "Step inside, we'll get things started."

"I'll go get Calum." Michael said, running off down the hall to grab the bassist. He stepped inside the waiting room to see Calum engrossed in conversation with a girl he'd never seen before.

"Hey dickbag!" He called as he ran over and jumped on top of Calum. "Pete's ready for us."

"Of all the insults you could have come up with you chose dickbag?" Calum laughed, standing up. "This is Felicity by the way she's-"

"Come on Calum we have to get to the meeting." Michael cut him off, dragging Calum by the arm and completely ignoring the girl sitting down.

The meeting didn't take more than ten minutes. It consisted of Pete going over the details of the tour, beginning in London and ending in Los Angeles over the course of three months. He explained everything they would need and about their limited days off, a lot those days would be spent doing radio interviews or signings anyway so they weren't really days off.

He then told them about the new support band; Nice one, Newton. Michael had never heard of them before but made a mental note to check out them on Youtube when they got home.

"The two boys who were with me earlier are in the band, and there are two other members; a boy and girl. I'll introduce you all in a few minutes anyway."

"I met the drummer and the bassist." Calum interjected. "They're really chill. The bassist was the girl I was talking to when you pulled me away, which was really rude by the way."

"Calm down man, you can get back to your girlfriend later." Michael rolled his eyes, he was excited to meet the band he was to spend three months with but was too stressed about the tour preparations to care at this moment.

"Piss off." Calum laughed, punching Michael's arm lightly.

"So can we go meet them now?" Luke asked, ignoring the fact that Michael and Calum were almost wrestling each other at this stage.

-

go follow zara's account to keep up with her stories when she begins posting! her user is SongsInTheSky

the picture on the side is matt

please vote and comment ily