Chapter Nineteen - Felicity

As she sat on the edge of the stage, staring out at the empty stadium floor that was going to be full of American fans later that evening, Felicity was in a state of awe.

Honestly, she never thought her band would get a chance to play in such a big arena, especially over in the States. The fact that the opportunity came along so early in her career didn't help the lack of words escaping her mouth.

Looking over her shoulder at the stage behind her, she couldn't help but smile as she took in the sight of the four Australian boys that gave her the chance to be there. Admittedly, they weren't the ones that chose this nobody British band to tour with, they were a last minute replacement but she knew they were glad her band was there.

It was cliché but the two bands had grown close very fast and became like a very weird family but I suppose, it was closer than that.

"Stop giving us bedroom eyes, Felix!" Calum exclaimed snapping Felicity back to reality.

She was too into her own grateful little world that she hadn't realised the boys had stopped messing around and had been staring back at her, giggling, for the past handful of minutes.

"Can't help it, you're all so attractive." She grinned, winking at Luke who blushed and looked away making them all laugh.

"What were you thinking about?" Michael asked plopping down next to her as her attention returned to the floor where her band was playing football.

Calum stared at the back of Michael's head for a few minutes before giving in with a sigh and looking at the two boys who were ready to do sound check. The three knew that trying to get Michael back to practise and away from the girl was useless so they went ahead without him.

"How crazy this all is." Felicity responded, looking at Michael, catching him watching her intently but she didn't say anything, she just continued to talk, which the guitarist was extremely grateful for. "We've never done anything like this, I never thought we would. We're not like you guys, we're not as good at this, your songs are so fucking good and ours are average at best."

"That's not true." Michael frowned.

"You guys are great. I'm glad that other band cancelled on us, they're nowhere near as talented as you guys. I love your music and I know the guys do too."

"You're just saying that to get in my knickers."

"Maybe." Michael shrugged with a playful smirk making her giggle before shuffling closer and leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're not the person I thought you were."

"Same here."

"You're still a massive dick, though."

"I have a massive dick." He scoffed without thinking making Felicity break out in laughter. "I didn't mean to say that."

"Maybe one day you'll prove that to me." She joked, looking up at Michael to wink before nudging him gently. "You're supposed to be practising."

"Yeah yeah." He rolled his eyes but got up all the same to get back into his place.

***

Even though Jeremy had his earphones in, listening to loud music, he could still hear Michael and Calum talking from where they were situated in the bunk area.

At first, Jeremy just wanted to curl up and turn over in his bunk to block out the conversation but once he took a few seconds to figure out what they were talking about, he was glad one of the earphones was broken.

"Does you like Felicity?" Michael asked, fiddling with the hem of his t-shirt as he leant his back against the bunk, looking at Calum who was searching for his phone that the guitarist had hidden.