Chapter Twenty Four - Michael

There was four shows left of the tour, with two days off in between. After the tour ended 5 Seconds of Summer were staying in Los Angeles for three weeks, to do some writing and recording and to just have a small vacation. Nice One, Newton were flying back to England the day after the last show.

On one of the two days off the boys had a radio interview to talk about the tour, the upcoming album and they were going to play an acoustic of Don't Stop.

"I have 5 Seconds of Summer here the studio with me now, how has your time in America been so far?" The interviewer asked as he swivelled in his chair.

"It's been amazing, we always love coming to the states and playing shows, seeing fans and stuff." Ashton answered, he was definitely most talkative when it came to interviews. A trait which the other boys were grateful for as they felt like they didn't know what to say whereas Ashton always had the perfect answer, no matter the question.

"You mentioned the fans and I had a look outside earlier, there has to be at least two hundred of them out there and they've been here since before eight this morning. How do you guys deal with that sort of fan hysteria?"

"Well you know, our fans are dedicated and we know we wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. It gets a little crazy sometimes but we like to call them our family, because that's what they are to us. We love them with everything we have, and they always show us that love back." Ashton answered again with a giggle at the end, the other boys nodded and smiled to show their agreement.

"And we love meeting them too, anything we can do to show them how much they mean to us. They've given us all of this so we try to give back." Luke spoke, which also earned nods from his bandmates.

"And you guys have an album ready to drop soon, what's that like knowing you have your debut album set to be released?"

"It's crazy." Michael said into his microphone, almost swearing in between the two words but stopping himself when he realised he was on live radio.

"We never thought we'd make it this far." Luke added, he couldn't help but smile as he thought about their first full length album.

"You know, we were just four boys from Sydney playing covers of bands we loved and now people are playing covers of our songs, it's indescribable for us." Ashton told the interviewer.

"We're so grateful for every opportunity we've been given." Calum said, trying not to laugh as Michael tickled his side.

The interviewer asked a few more questions about the album, which songs were the favourites for each member, how the tour was going and various other questions before he played She Looks So Perfect to his audience to give the boys a break for a few minutes. After the song finished, he asked the question that the boys were so sick of being asked..

"So, are you all single?"

"Yeah, we are. It's hard to focus on that type of stuff in this lifestyle, we're always so busy." Ashton spoke first, he asked Michael before the interview whether they should say if he was single or not. Michael told him to say single, he technically was single and didn't want to start any drama, even though most of their fans had caught on to him and Felicity.

"I guess you could say that." Calum laughed, nudging Michael's hip. Michael shoved the Kiwi boy so hard it almost knocked his chair over.

"Oh?" The interviewer asked, clearly suspicious about Calum's vague answer.

"Mikey and Felix are official yet but..." Calum explained to the interviewer, which caused his bandmates to glare at him. Calum never really knew when to draw the line.