Chapter 9: Gusty Garden Galaxy

Mario and Meggy went to the next dome, the Bedroom. The next galaxy upon them is Gusty Garden Galaxy.

As they arrived, they didn't know how to advance since the planets are far away from each other and there's no Launch Star in sight.

Mario noticed some big white flower-looking things called Floaty Fluff. Mario spun for no reason and the Floaty Fluff came out.

They each grabbed onto one Floaty Fluff, and while they didn't know how this works, they soon get used to it by spinning a few times.

This was the way to get to the other planets, and every time Mario and Meggy were on these things, they were having fun.

Mario: Wheeeeee!

Meggy: This is fun. (laughs)

After floating from planet to planet, defeating enemies and climbing on vines, they reached the Launch Star and went to the last planet. It was a huge cube-shaped planet, and a Star Bunny was on it.

Mario: Oh, I remember you from when we first arrived at space. Just give us the star, you rabbit.

Star Bunny: Think you can catch me, boiyoing?

It started to hop away, as this now turns into a chase.

Mario: Goddamnit. Why do we always have to chase you guys?

They chased the bunny, but it seemed to be too fast.

Meggy: Man. This bunny is faster than the others we chased.

After 10 minutes, Mario was close to giving up, but Meggy got an idea.

Meggy: How about I chase the bunny, while you run the other direction. We'll have that bunny cornered.

Mario: Good idea, Meggy. Let's go.

Mario ran the opposite direction of where the bunny is running, and just when he saw it running towards him, he started to run faster than usual.

Mario and Meggy have the bunny cornered, but it ran in another direction, causing Mario and Meggy to bump into each other.

Mario: Oh, I'm so sorry, Meggy.

Meggy: That's okay, Mario. That bunny is good.

Mario: Too good. He ran between us. How can we catch that bunny now?

Meggy: Wait. Do you have those big jumps?

Mario: Yeah. What is it?

Meggy: Chase the bunny, but this time, do some shortcuts by long jumping through small cliffs.

Mario: Okie-dokie.

Mario found the bunny, and started chasing it by long-jumping non-stop. And just in under a minute, he finally catches it.

Star Bunny: OK, OK, you got me! Here, take this star, boiyoing!

The bunny gave Mario the star, as Meggy caught up with him and congratulated him.

Meggy: I knew you could do it, Mario.

Mario: We did it, Meggy. It took a long time, but we did it.

Freezeflame Galaxy is next. See you in the next chapter.