5-Holiday Special

The Dragon Force... Now that takes me back.

How did that theme song go? Indego, look up the Dragon Force's theme.

Playing Dragon Force theme: Da.... da da... da da... da da da da dah! Open you heart! Open your mind, and you'll know you'll win in time. Go Dragon Force! Go Dragon Force! The power is in our hands, so their evil will not stand!. Go Dragon Force! Go Dragon Force! Earth, water, wind and fire. Saving the world is our desire! Go Dragon Force!... End. Replay?

No, Indego. Off. Man that was song was full of cheeze. I can't believe how much I loved that show growing up. We all use to go to Kiara's house every Thursday to watch a new episode and eat handfuls of those little candy chip cookies her dad always brought over.

Why did I forget that song, we sung the intro almost every episode though Marco always said Force a little too long to annoy us. Jenny started pinching him every time he did it, but that only made him do it longer until Kiara's mom told him to shut up one time and then he began whispering it.

We were a weird little group. Three girls and one boy who all liked a show for boys. Marco was the only one of us that could openly show his support for show with his guy friends while the rest of us hid our love with talk about celebrities and mood makeup. If our moms weren't all friends from church he probably would have never hung out with us.

I remember the first time that he came to her house. He sat far away us in the corner, probably annoyed that he was stuck in a room full of girls, and we were still stuck in the “boys are gross” phase. so we didn't mind. When the show came on the screen and we all started to sing the song, he jumped in sang with us.

That's how we were since we were 10 years old. Even though we grew too old to pretend we were Hiro, Michelle, Jason and Penny, we still kept those nicknames. Those were nice times. Awww. Nostalgia.

Before I let them go.

Before I knew what attention could really feel like.

Before I had an Indego.

Back then, the Indego was like just like how the Uni-corn is today. Everybody talked about them, everyone wanted one, but if your friend didn't have one all you could do is rub its shiny $500 horn in their face until you got bored.

It was that nice sweet spot of time when being an IndeStar barely made a ripple in the real world unless you were a celebrity but everyone wanted to be one. Even Marco wanted to one. Maybe if I gotten it earlier then maybe the show would never took off... Well... I would gotten a little popular. I mean LickyPie still popular. That idiot is probably more popular than me now! Not that I care about rankings or things like that anymore.

Then my blessed curse showed up as a fun, cutesy little contest ComplX used to indoctrinate us into fully embracing the surveillance state.

Uggh. Where did that come from? I'm starting sounding like a Revo everyday. I might as well start one of those uncomfortable net sites so no Inde could see find me, but I have like a hundred Sycofans hinging on my every word. Nah that's too much stress.

They wanted an 300-word essay about... I don't remember what it was about, probably one of those story essays. Anyway they made an essay contest where they would give free Indegos to the essays they liked the best. I wrote my heart out on that essay even though I hated writing. I still kinda do though. Shooting video is so much better than writing it. At least the Indego helps me with that.

I got the Indego, but then Mom and Dad decided to spring on me that we were moving in the middle of the school year. They were so happy about it too. I knew that they were saving money to get a new house. I even walked inside of it. I was so excited about getting such a big room. Now it seems so cramped, suffocating with all these boxes of freebies and clothes and things they gave me that I don't need. I will never need. I mean what am I really going to do with fabric changing scarfs!

They all threw me a wonderful moving away party. We all promised each other with our cute sacred Dragon rings that we would talk to each other everyday and that no matter wherever we went, we would always be the Dragon Force. I gave up on that really fast. I still haven't found that ring.

I think I cried for two days. The house was so far away from my school, my church, and my friends. I thought that I never be able to call it home, but I did. This place is much nicer than the old house. I'm being too melodramatic. It wasn't the move that really changed me. It was getting the Indego. I don't know how I would've adjusted to Tiller Prep without it. Being the new girl only gave me a month of attention from the seventh graders until I pretty much became invisible. But in a class of 1000, the only people getting attention had that nasty Brite Lite hair dye. Ewww. I can't believe I wanted to look like a lava lamp threw up on their head.

Weren't Elle and Andrea my first friends when I came to school? Huh. I forgot about that. Then why is Wendy my best friend-was my best friend? Did I ignore them or did they ignore me? Damn! I was such a shitty friend.

When I came to school sporting that thick black band the Indego used to have across my small forehead for the first time, I pretty much became the most popular girl in the whole school.

“Is that the real thing?”

“Can you show me a holovid pretty please!”

“Do you have an Indenet account yet? Let's be followers?

“You should make a show like JesseKeys?”

That's all I kept hearing from people, but I didn't mind. I soaked up all that attention like a sponge. I had gone from nobody to Mikayla, and I didn't want to stop there.

Filled with dreams of being an Indestar, I made an account on the Indenet and made cute little videos that no one watched. I'm surprised how persistent I was especially with Mom breathing down my neck about net danger. After the thirteenth video, I struck gold.

I remember it like it all happened yesterday. It was the first time I wore the yellow beanie.

“Hey viewers! Micky Summer here! For all my gentle-ladies and other guys that asked me take this dare, I'm gonna be trying out this cool new thing I just got today. The Light Dancer!” Of all the videos the news kept showing of me, why did they have to use that one. It was pretty me on a mat jumping over and through light hoops. What I probably cemented my fate was me slipping on the floor when Dad came in.

“Awww! Dad why! My thighs! Oww!” I yelled.

“I'm sorry, sweetie,” he said, trying to come in.

“Stay there! I have to end this!”

I stood up and limped over to the Indego and said, “From the channel where the Summer never ends... Keep it Sunny!” before ending it.

After that I went from two followers to two thousand. That stupid little video infected the Indenet. Everyone and their dog copied my video, doing their own version of dancing to the Light Dancer, falling down and someone opening the door, but they always said, “My thighs!”

Ehh. Once I'm done with this, I won't have to hear that ever again. That little moment created Mickey. It was an adrenaline rush. It's so crazy how much energy those number gave me. I kept wanting to go higher and higher and higher. I couldn't settle for less, but it's ironic completely sold myself to this thing when I wanted to help Aunt Lucy.

I can't spend all this time reminiscing. I'm avoiding it.

It's really not that bad. It was just a stupid kiss. That's all! No... it was more than that.