Chapter Eight, Denial

"You look amazing," Madison says as soon as we get in his truck. "I didn't want to say it in front of your dad, but damn." He bites his lip.

My cheeks heat up. So does my lower stomach. "Thank you." I'm suddenly nervous. I haven't done this in so long.

I guess he senses this because his hand reaches out and intertwines with mine. "Hey," he says softly making me look at him. "I don't bite...hard," he winks.

My cheeks warm a bit more, but I smile at that. He pulls the truck out of park and starts to drive. "Where are we going anyways?" I ask. "And where is my non-kinky shirt?" I laugh remembering our conversation.

He laughs too, "It's the box in the back seat," he points.

I look back and see a little round box with a bow on it. I stretch to reach it and look at him suspiciously shaking it a bit. "This isn't a bomb, and you're not a terrorist ready to kill us both, right?"

"I'd stop shaking it if I were you," he teases.

I pull the perfectly tied ribbon and open the box. There's a...baseball jersey inside. I look at him with narrowed eyes. "Are we," I pull the jersey out, "going to a baseball game?"

"Take me out to the ball game!" He starts to sing.

I laugh. Really hard. "This is clever. I'm impressed!" The jersey matches the one he's wearing. It also coincides with our ongoing references to the all-American sport. This is cute.

"Yeah?" He asks. He looks over at the shirt I'm wearing and realizes it's not a tank top like he suggested. "We can find a bathroom when we get there. Or I can wait outside while you change in here. My windows are really tinted. No one would be able to see in-" he stops.

Probably because I strip my shirt mid his sentence. My black lace bra extends down my ribs in a slight bodice like way. I start slowly unbuttoning the jersey. I could pull it over my head, but there's no need in ruining my hair any further. I look over at Madison. Plus this is kind of fun. I smile in victory at his surprise. He's shifting a bit uncomfortably, trying to be a gentleman and not look. I like seeing him like this.

"Uh...I...Uh-" he fumbles.

"What? You've never seen a shirtless girl before?" I ask trying to hold back a smile as I put my arms through the sleeves and start rebuttoning it.

"Um..." he clears his throat and glances at me.

"Aw, does this mean I'm your first?" I coo and touch his arm.

I'm almost done buttoning which seems to give his confidence a chance to rebound. He composes himself. "You're hardly my first, sweetheart." He winks at me.

I grin. "So a baseball game, huh?"

~~~

It was a minor league game. We were cheering for the home team. The stadium was half full, and the seats surrounding us were fairly empty. I liked having the space.

Madison returns to our seats with the hotdogs and drinks he'd promised. I'd always wanted to know the feeling of eating a hot dog at a big baseball game. Seemed really USA-ish.

"Thank you," I say and take my share.

"What'd I miss?" He asks.

"Uh, not much. Home boy's thrown a no hitter so far," I say referencing the pitcher. I take a bite of my hot dog.

Wow. Tastes even better than I imagined it.