Chapter 2

Haeun's eyes were darting around, scanning each passing classroom

Haeun's eyes were darting around, scanning each passing classroom. She was following the tall, elegant Korean teacher that was supposedly her home room tutor through the school. It was kind of a relief, as she had spent quite a long time in the teacher's office getting signed in and it was getting quite uncomfortable.

Suddenly the teacher stopped, and thankfully Haeun also did in time to not bump into her.

"Wait outside here. " Ms. Choi ordered, entering the classroom shortly after. The screams and noise quieted down as she began speaking. "Kids! Today we have a new transfer student. I hope you welcome her to your class. "

Ms.Choi then signaled Haeun to come inside.

The girl swallowed down her nerves, hands strictly at her sides as she anxiously walked into the classroom, standing at the front for all to see.

"Hi everyone, I'm Lee Haeun. It's nice meeting you." She spoke as confidently as she could, bowing her head respectfully. Her eyes surfed across the class, seeing the faces of so many types of people. 

But one distinctly caught her attention, and she almost sighed in relief seeing his familiar, joking smile.

"Great, I'm sure you'll fit in with our class just fine. Now go take a seat wherever it's available." Ms.Choi waved her off.

Making her way towards the only open desk, Haeun felt like the center of the world. It didn't help that the only free seat was in the dead center of the class, and she was painfully aware of all the eyes watching her as she put away her bag and took out her school supplies. 

As the class proceeded, with Ms.Choi passionately reciting a piece of ancient Korean poetry, Haeun just sat in her seat, trying to be as nonexistent as she possibly could.

The girl tried not to listen to the whispers around her, but couldn't help but overhear some of the guys to her right talking about how pretty she was. Her cheeks took a red shade, and she looked down into her lap in embarrassment, which only amplified the amount of praise she was getting.

Thankfully, after what felt like ages, the bell rang causing an uprising in the classroom. The students put away their supplies carelessly, all rushing out to either go get a snack or hang out with their friends. Haeun was one of only a couple of students left behind.

She found her locker, beginning to put away some of the stuff in her heavy bag when she felt a presence to her right. Haeun turned her head, catching sight of the beaming girl standing near.

"Haeun, right? My name is Kang Seulbi. These are Eunji and Younghee. It's so nice to meet you!" The girl exclaimed in such a friendly voice that it sounded fake. Her two friends sent Haeun small waves, radiating the exact same energy as Seulbi.