Chapter 16

"Fuck!" The boy yelled out, kicking over a trash bin in pure fury

"Fuck!" The boy yelled out, kicking over a trash bin in pure fury. It had been about five minutes since Haeun had left. Since she'd uttered those words.

He didn't know how to feel. He wanted to kill that jerk. But why couldn't he just have told her the truth while she was still there? Why couldn't he just tell her what that low life was saying about her?

But he had no idea how to approach the subject. Not now that she probably found out about what they'd done to others in the past.

It had been a miracle she hadn't found out before. It was meant to happen eventually.

A palm stretched out to pat his shoulder. Jisung turned to find Jaemin there, smiling weakly.

"We'll tell her. Don't worry." The latter assured him in his usual parental tone. However, Jaemin himself seemed unsure. All of them did.

"This is probably for the better." Mark spoke suddenly, and all eyes turned to him.

Jisung was about to explode on the elder, but stopped himself as he came to a realization.

Mark was right.

The eldest sighed. "She will not be as hurt if we end on bad terms. That will keep her safe."

There was a short silence before he then added something which made Jisung's heart crumble into a million pieces. "I'm sorry Jisung."

'I'm sorry Haeun.'
Jisung himself thought.

-------------------------

With her knees cuddled up to her body and her arms around them, Haeun hung her head low. Choked sobs escaped her lips, and tears streamed down her face.

She hated Jisung.

At least that's what she tried to make herself believe.

But she knew that if she really did hate him, she wouldn't be bawling like a baby. She wouldn't have been so broken-hearted.

"Asshole." She hissed out through the sobs and held herself tighter.

She knew exactly what bullying did to the bully. She'd experienced it firsthand.

"Look at this loser, Haeun. Isn't she adorable?" ****** asked as she twirled their victim's hair around her finger. Haeun grinned.

"Really, really cute. Sadly, she doesn't know her place." Haeun retorted, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

The girl tried running off, but ****** caught her by the arm before slapping her across the face. Haeun laughed as the girl cried out. They all knew that there was no one there to save her.

The girl fell to the ground and whimpered as Haeun calmly approached.

"Hey," the latter began, meeting the former's tearful gaze. "Let me give you a piece of advice. Don't act like you're the shit when you're not."

Haeun then poked the girl's forehead. "Unless you want to get in trouble."

She then stood up, and heard the subtle sigh of relief behind her. However, wanting to deliver the final blow as usual, she turned and shot her foot into the girl's side. The latter howled out, gripping her stomach tightly. Haeun snickered as she threw an arm around ******'s shoulder.

"Should we go get some boba?" ****** asked, and Haeun smiled.

"Of course, Ryuwonnie."

Haeun inhaled sharply as she opened her eyes. Several memories returned, plaguing her mind. She attempted to dry the tears away, but more just kept flowing.

Sick of her pathetic crying, she finally decided to get up. She'd been stuck in that position for hours, her muscles groaning as they were forcefully stretched out.

Using a napkin to wipe her face, Haeun walked over to her wardrobe, and changed out of her school uniform, opting for a full-black outfit.

It was already nighttime by the time she ventured out. There was no food at home, thus she made the trip a couple of houses down to the nearby convenience store. She picked out a cup of noodles and some snacks and quickly paid for them, wanting to just get the trip over with.

However, as she exited the store, a hand suddenly gripped onto her wrist.

Turning around, her face dropped.

"Let me go."

Donghyuck let out a harsh sigh, before forcefully dragging her to the side. However, they didn't go far before she thrashed out of his restraints, glaring at him.

"You have to listen to me." He exclaimed firmly. Haeun watched him wordlessly.

His face twisted slightly. "You're generally annoying but somehow you're even more annoying now."

"Then why talk to me?"

"Because it's about something important."

"What's so important?"

"You misunderstood us, Haeun."

The girl scoffed loudly and looked away. After getting over her initial disbelief, she turned to look back at him. "What was there to misunderstand? You almost got the kid hospitalized. Doesn't that explain itself?"

Donghyuck, now clearly angry, retorted "We had our reasons."

"And what are those, may I ask?"

He eyed her up and down before sighing in annoyance.

"You know what, why am I even trying to explain myself to you." He scoffed. "Have fun eating your food, fatass."

Donghyuck then began walking away, and Haeun realized it was towards a motorcycle parked not-too-far-away. He grabbed hold of his helmet, sliding it on before getting on top of the vehicle.

In a fit of rage, she yelled out "Will you ever acknowledge that what you're doing is wrong, asshole?"

However, Donghyuck didn't spare her as much as a glance before riding off.

Haeun once again scoffed. A reason? Was there ever a good reason to beat someone up?

-------------------------

Donghyuck was riding his motorcycle down the empty street. He was chewing on his bottom lip under the helmet due to the guilt.

He felt dumb, dumb that he even approached her despite what the rest had agreed on. He felt like a clown.

Suddenly, through the darkness, he spotted an object fly onto the road and land right in front of his tire. He urgently braked, but it was too late, and he collided with the small object, sending him flying to the side.

Swearing loudly, he removed his helmet to look around, but found no one there.

Because the hooded figure was already walking away, a smirk plastered on their face.

'You will be mine, Haeun.'