21

Hands in the small pockets of my shorts, I walked towards the children's playground

Hands in the small pockets of my shorts, I walked towards the children's playground. I was late, the time being 12:14. But it took me a long time to decide whether I really wanted to talk to him.

As I turned the corner, i saw the playground in all it's glory. It was empty, since children were either at school, kindergarten or eating lunch. Although it was also empty, it gave off a different vibe than at night, when we usually met up before.

The tall guy sitting on one of the benches noticed me and raised his hand.

"Haeun!" He yelled out and stood up. I slowly made my way towards him, kind of regretting that I even came.

"What do you want Jongho?" I asked straight away, not even a hello. "What is so important that you can't ask me over the phone or something?" I questioned again and he looked back at the direction I came from

"Where were you? Your house is not that way, let alone school." He pretended to care. I scoffed.

"Just get to the point." I stated firmly and he seemed to obey.

I actually wouldn't tell him at all where I was. And I came from there because Taeyong's driver dropped me off. Thankfully I told him to not wait for me since it seems like this talk will take longer than expected.

Jongho took a deep breath.

"How did you learn to fight?" He asked. I stared at him for a good few seconds before realizing he was serious. In his eyes I was fragile up until that day at the mall. When I finally got sick of him.

"It's crazy what mental abuse for years can do to you." I gave him a smile. But it quickly wore off, as I began getting pissed off at all the memories flooding my head.

"You tricked me into thinking you were always right and I was wrong." I stepped towards him and he stepped back. "You blamed me for everything and secretly spread rumours about me, then comforted me saying that whoever did that will pay." Another step. "You made me feel so useless and pathetic since I could never say no to you and was forced to forgive you." I pushed his chest and he stumbled backwards. "And even after I had the courage to break up with you and get away from you, you still chase me? You know how pissed I must be." I said, finally standing in place again. "And also, you attempted to hurt my friends. I cannot forgive you for that."

Jongho seemed terrified.

"And before you try to deny it, think back to all your other girlfriends. I know all of them. And they felt like this too. One of them either killed herself because of you, don't you have any fucking shame?" I almost screamed out that last part but I gritted my teeth.

He looked down and actually seemed ashamed. "I didn't know you felt that way. I thought you got mad at me and broke up with me for show, and I wanted you back. I love you." Jongho looked up at me hopeful.

I scoffed. "Are you kidding me? Cut the bullshit. You knew exactly what you were doing. And I will never ever forgive you." I said and turned around to walk away.