Chapter 11

"Does it feel any better?" Haeun asked, concern all over her face

They'd reached Jisung's house, which was a miracle since apparently Jisung was still dizzy after that hit on the head and didn't know where he was going. His ankle thankfully wasn't as bad, and it just had some minor bruising from him falling over. Although he'd insisted, he was fine, Haeun had still forced him to sit on the couch as she pressed ice on his injured ankle, whereas he held another package of ice to the back of his head.

"I'm fine." he exclaimed, peering down at her. "But I really didn't expect you to fight back. And I didn't know you could kick like that."

"I took taekwondo classes when I was younger." She hummed. "And why wouldn't I fight? That jerk deserved to be put in his place."

Jisung laughed out. "You're right. But I really expected you to be as scared as you were during that movie."

"What? I wasn't scared." Haeun retorted surprised.

"Don't lie. You kept flinching each time there was a jump scare."

"Lies."

"Nope. Not lies."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

Jisung could tell she was still somewhat upset because of the incident and decided to cheer her up.

"Hey. I'm fine, really. You don't need to be so worried. Not like I broke anything." His voice softened.

"I feel like you're being too relaxed about this." Haeun looked up to meet his eyes. "That guy was seriously strong. Imagine if he weren't drunk."

"But he wasn't. And we're both fine. So don't overthink it." He extended his hand and ruffled her hair. Haeun whined out in protest, causing him to laugh out again, and this time she felt inclined to join in.

"Also, when were you going to tell me you're rich?" She asked, and he tilted his head.

"Does it matter? What, did you want to take advantage of me?"

"Maybe." She shrugged. "Though I would appreciate a Chanel 5 if you wouldn't mind."

"In your dreams, dumbass."

Haeun smiled warmly at his response, and then focused on making sure that the water coming from some of the melted cubes didn't soak his foot. However, Jisung's eyes remained on her, and his expression fell slightly as he sighed.

"I didn't tell you 'cause it's happened to me before." He began hesitantly.

"What has?" She looked up, meeting his eyes.

"Like, someone took advantage of me cause I'm well off."

Haeun tilted her head, showing him that she was listening. He sighed once again.

"I had this classmate back in middle school. One day he found out I was well-off. He started talking me up and pretended to be my friend. I was happy, since I didn't have many friends back then. But then he started asking me for money, and always insisted that I pay whenever we hung out. He got upset when I didn't buy him something expensive for his birthday. And because I didn't want to lose a friend, I listened to him like a dog for the entire school year. Eventually, I figured out what he was doing, and ghosted him. That's why I don't really like telling people about my financial situation."