Chapter 13

Donghyuck was walking down the school hallway

Donghyuck was walking down the school hallway. There was still time before school started, and he'd opted for just going to his class and getting some sleep instead of waiting around outside or somewhere else.

As he neared the room, he suddenly heard two ushered voices from one of the senior classrooms.

"We have to do something about it! What if something serious happened?"

"I don't know Chenle... this isn't really our business."

Recognizing their voices, Donghyuck got closer but remained out of sight.

"But it was literally a razor blade!" Donghyuck's brows furrowed as he listened in to Chenle's panicked voice. "What if Haeun's hurting herself? We can't not do anything about it!"

"For now, keep quiet. I'm mostly concerned because it happened right after she left Jisung's house..." Mark retorted, clearly hesitant. Donghyuck's eyes now widened.

Haeun? Jisung? Razor blade?

"I'm positive it's not like- "

"What are you two talking about?!"

Chenle and Mark nearly jumped out of their skin as Donghyuck emerged through the door, his voice exceeding its usual volume. Although shocked, Mark quickly recovered.

"Can you be any louder?"

"You better tell me what the fuck's going on. What's wrong with Haeun?" Donghyuck hissed, his voice still too loud for Mark's liking.

The elder sighed, sharing a glance with Chenle. He then asked Donghyuck to sit down, to which the latter obliged. The two then began explaining the whole story.

"Holy shit..."

Haeun was walking down the hallway alongside Lisa, heading towards the cafeteria. She seemed incredibly happy, cheerfully laughing at whatever her friend had said.

Suddenly, her walk was interrupted as someone stepped in front of them.

"Hey, Haeun, would you mind having a word with me?"

Haeun looked up to surprisingly find Mark standing there. Lisa turned to look at her with an expression reading 'You know this guy?', but Haeun was too surprised by the boy's face to care. He seemed worried, almost hysterical despite the calm way he delivered his words.

"Yeah... sure." She retorted, sending Lisa off to the cafeteria alone, and following the boy out the back doors and towards some unvisited school grounds. There, she spotted Donghyuck and Chenle staring at her intently.

"Uh, care to explain? You're not beating me up or anything, right?" Haeun asked playfully; however, Mark didn't seem amused.

He turned to look at the two boys and quietly asked them to leave. And although reluctant, they followed along with his request, backing off somewhere out of earshot.