Chapter Two

(Okay, here in this chapter is when you first encounter this beautiful, amazing, magnificent jester!)

Right in front of _____ was a teddy bear with sinister eyes. It had very sharp teeth and claws. Its eyes bore into _____'s, causing her to step back. She scrambled backwards until her back hit the wall, keeping her from getting further away from the killer teddy. Just then, she remembered about the pocket knife in her pocket. She fumbled with her pocket until her fingers touched the polished wood of the handle. She fished it out, clicked out the knife and slashed it at the bear.

"Get back!" _____ yelled, slashing the knife left and right, keeping the bear away from her. "I mean it!"

_____'s arm was getting tired and the bear saw this as a perfect opportunity to lunge at her. Its claws dug into her arm and shoulder, its teeth sinking in the skin between its hooked arms. _____ screamed out in pain, trying to get the monster off of her. She managed to bring the knife to her free arm and stab the bear in the back, causing it to whimper in pain and back away. _____ stood up, pointing the now green slimed knife at it.

"That's what I thought," she said, accomplished with her defeat. But she spoke too soon.

The bear lunged at her again, claws out and teeth bared. _____ covered her face, ready for the impact. But nothing came. She cracked open an eye and the bear was gone. She picked up the flashlight she dropped and looked around. She didn't find anything. She then started quickly towards the stairs, only to be tripped by something. _____ swore there was nothing in front of her. She turned around to find something she did not know.

Faded polka dots were scattered on the round item. It seemed like there were large springs inside of it. It also had a small box at the end with a little crank on the side.

"What the...?" _____ raised an eyebrow. Her eyes then widened when the thing moved, sliding out of view.

She then scrambled to her feet, looking around frantically. She started to walk backwards when she was tripped again by the same thing. _____ started to scramble backwards but a gloved hand grabbed her ankle, keeping her from doing so. Another gloved hand grabbed her by the shin, the other moving up to her thigh, and so on. The thing was crawling on top of her while keeping her from getting away. The thing was then just above _____'s face and she was speechless at the thing she faced.

The monster had faded face paint and a large, red, jester-like hat. It wore a blue jacket over a striped shirt with white frills at the neck. But what caught _____'s attention most was its mouth. The chin was split into two parts and the lower jaw looked like the skin was ripped clean off. It had countless sharp teeth in its enormous mouth.

"Oh, my God," _____ whispered under her breath. She quickly stabbed the monster in the shoulder, surprised that the monster didn't do anything. It just simply took the knife and plucked it out of its pierced jacket, throwing the knife somewhere across the room out of her reach.

The monster didn't do anything. It just stared at _____. She started getting uncomfortable and tried to squirm away. The monster then leaned its whole torso on hers, making her squeak. The monster seemed to notice it and made a noise of its own. It then nuzzled _____'s neck, causing her to blush and become more uncomfortable.

"Uh," she said, "get off, please?" It was more of a question than an order.

The monster kept still, its face still nuzzled in _____'s neck. Whatever it was, it was one stubborn monster. Then, _____ got an idea.

"I-I can't breath!" She yelled in her best panicked face.

This got the monster to get up quickly, checking if _____ was okay. She used this as a chance to push the monster off of her. Nothing. The monster was too heavy for her to push away. She then started kicking her legs and punching the thing. But the monster just grabbed her wrists and pinned them to the floor but did nothing to stop her from kicking.

"Mom!" _____ screamed. "Dad! Anyone! Help!" Silence. No one came to help. The monster kept staring at her. "Get off of me!"

_____ started to squirm again, kicking something she could not see. This seemed to bother the monster, so she kept kicking the unseen thing. Finally, the monster got off of her. But took her with it, wrapping its arms around her smaller form. Something then wrapped around the both of them. _____ saw that it was the thing that tripped her in the first place. Her eyes widened as she realized that the thing was like a tail to the jester-like monster.

"What are you?" _____ wondered aloud, only to be startled by the sound of her father's voice.

"_____! Are you up here?" It sounded like he was in the attic.

"Yes! I'm over he-" the monster covered _____'s mouth. She then started to try to squirm out its grip, but no avail.

"We're coming!" _____'s mother's voice called.

The giant jester then crawled away, taking you with it. It was pretty fast for a monster with no legs holding a human in its arms.

"Hey!" _____'s Aunt Cami yelled, coming out from behind some boxes. "Give me back my niece, you fudger!"

Aunt Cami then came at the monster with an axe like a crazy person. The monster then let go of _____ and scrambled away to the vents, barely dodging the axe. When it was out of sight, Aunt Cami kneeled next to _____, checking if she was alright.

"Yeah, I'm fine," _____ said, taking Aunt Cami's helping hand and stood up.

"What did it do to you?" Aunt Cami asked.

"Oh, well, uh...," _____ hesitated.

"Well, save it!" _____'s father, Hank, yelled. "We need to stop it!"

They all ran to the direction where the monster went, but were disappointed with what they saw. The vent cage was ripped out and the jester was long gone. The inside walls of the vents were covered in transparent slime.

"Let's go back," Hank said. "We need to make sure everyo-"

Hank was interrupted by _____' mother, Jenny, screaming. They turned around and saw what looked like a doll dressed up as a bride with wings and talons for fingers.

'Could this be any worse?' _____ thought to herself and ran to help her mother.