Chapter Eight

(Short chapter. Sorry about that! I was on a tight schedule and I rushed through this one. Sorry again!)

    _____ didn't run for long until she came across Huroaskellir.

"H-Huroaskellir!" She called out. "Have you seen Klown anywhere?"

"Huroaskellir know not," he said in his raspy voice.

"Well, he surely wouldn't have go-"

Stekkjarstaur came running over, yelling at _____ again in the language she didn't know. He was pointing at her and then pointing towards her room. She thought the Dark Elf was telling her to go back in her room.

"Stop yelling at me!" She fought back. "What have I ever done to you? The only bad thing I've done is break Klown's heart! But you know what? I'm going to go find him and fix the mistake I've made! So, go yell at someone your own size!"

Stekkjarstaur was taken aback. No one had yelled back at him, let alone a human girl. He snapped out of his trance and started yelling again, pointing at her accusingly.

Suddenly, a tall figure stepped between _____ and the elf. It was Krampus. He said something in the language that made Stekkjarstaur shut his mouth behind his mask. Krampus then pointed towards the stables. The elf grumbled and started toward them

Krampus then turned and looked down at _____.

"I suppose you are looking for Klown," he said in his raspy voice.

"Um, y-yes, sir," _____ said politely.

Krampus then pointed towards a door that had a picture of a music box on it. _____ assumed it was Klown's room. She started toward the door, still not sure what she was going to say.

Once _____ was at his door, she knocked quietly, not wanting to disturb Klown. She heard faint music box notes from inside the room. They played slowly and they were not arranged in a specific song. She took the doorknob, slowly and quietly turning it. When she opened the door, cold wind gushed out, making _____ shiver. She wrapped herself tighter in her coat before stepping into the dark room.

"K-Klown?" _____ quietly called out.

The music notes stopped instantly. _____ could hear shuffling in the far left corner and went to check it out, closing the door behind her. She moved slowly, letting her eyes adjust to the dark. Before long, she could see Klown's torso wrapped up in his tail, facing the wall.

_____ walked over and slowly sat down. Klown didn't move. He didn't turn to look at her like he used to.

"Hey," she whispered, trying to get his attention. "Klown, look at me."

Yet, he didn't. Klown kept his eyes closed as if he was pretending to sleep.

"Klown, look...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have broke your heart just like that. I hope you forgive me."

His eyes didn't open. He didn't do anything except wrap himself tighter, burrowing his face in his arms. _____ then thought of an idea.

Klown's eyes opened, hidden underneath his arms when he heard an all too familiar voice humming a tune.

"Here's a little song I wrote," _____ began to sing. "You might want to sing it note for note, don't worry. Be happy."

Klown lifted his head but didn't turn to look at her.

"In every life we have some trouble. But if you worry you make it double, so don't worry. Be happy."

Klown then closed his eyes again. To _____'s surprize, his music box began to play the song she was singing. She smiled placed a hand on his opposite cheek, turning his head to look at her. He opened his, now peaceful eyes, and stared into hers.

"Feeling better?" _____ asked quietly.

The music stopped. She figured it was a "no." She then came up with an idea that would be rather uncomfortable for her. She shifted to her knees and placed her hands on both of his cheeks and kissed his forehead, making the kiss last a bit long.

Klown's face lit up with joy. He gently grabbed _____ by her waist and pulled her onto his "lap." He then placed one of his gloved hands on her cheek and placed his plastic lips on hers. _____ tried not to show any discomfort. She did not want to hurt the joyful clown anymore than she already did. They then pulled apart, looking into each other's eyes. Klown hugged _____, wrapping them both in his tail, just for him to fall asleep, cuddling his loved one once again.