Chapter Seven

(Credits to the artist who drew the picture!)

    _____ woke up in the same room she did last time. The paintings on the walls were the same, the chandelier was the same, and the golden piano was the same. But the paintings of her family that were on the domed ceiling were not there.

_____ was wearing the same dress she wore last time with the same shoes and jewelry. She bent over and took the painful shoes off once again. She stood up and walked over to where the double door was. She tried it again. Still locked.

"It's always been locked," the all too familiar voice said from behind _____.

Jack took her shoulder and turned her around so she faced him. This time his face was more gray than the first time _____ saw him. His outfit was a darker color and his eyes looked dark enough to look black. His pants looked like they had very faint pink polka dots and one of his boots seemed to be "growing" a limb on the outside.

"What's happened to you?" _____ asked him with concern in her voice.

"What do you mean?" Jack asked. "Nothing happened. I'm happy as ever!"

"B-but you're...gray.

"What do you mean?"

"I-I mean you are more gray than you were last time. Is everything alright?"

"Nothing happened! I'm fine!"

_____ was growing concerned. How didn't Jack know he was growing gray? And where did the pink polka dots come from on his pants?

"Wait," _____ thought aloud.

"Yes, dear?" Jack said, leaning close to her face.

_____ put her hands on his chest, keeping him from getting too close. "K-Klown?"

Jack's face lit up with shock. "H-how did you...?"

_____ backed away, a look of fear on her face. "I have to get out of here," she said. "Either you're crazy or I am. I need to go. I-I need to wake up!"

"N-no! _____! You do not have to leave me! I love you, remember? I will not let you leave me this early!" Jack sharply gripped onto _____'s arm, causing her to yelp. "You're not going anywhere!" He then started to laugh like a crazy person. "I'm not going to go easy on you anymore. You're mine and mine alone!"

_____ opened her eyes, gasping for breath. She was relieved when she saw the ceiling of the room she fell asleep in.

'It was just a dream,' she thought to herself.

Her breath was caught in her throat when she felt an arm squeeze her around the waist, yet not enough to cause her pain. _____ slowly turned her head and gasped at what she saw. Klown was snuggling with her in his sleep. She could only imagine what was going on in that oversized head of his.

_____ slowly and carefully lifted his arm off of her. She then quietly pushed the covers away, stepping onto the freezing cold floor she forgot about. She looked down and suddenly remembered that she was too tired to take her boots off when she went to bed. _____ looked at the foot of her bed but could not see her boots anywhere. She had a feeling to look over at Klown, see what he was up to now. She saw her boots on the other side of him. She would have to reach over him to grab them. But if she didn't do it carefully enough, he would wake up.

'Smart clown,' _____ thought to herself.

She very slowly leaned over Klown, careful not to wake him, for she did not know what he would do to her if he would wake up with her on top of him. _____'s fingers barely grazed her boots when the bed creaked under her weight. She froze, staying still as much as possible. Klown's eyes stayed shut though he stirred in his sleep. _____ let go her breath she didn't realize she was holding.

_____ barely picked up one of her boots when a gloved hand grabbed her wrist unexpectedly, causing her to yelp. Klown's eyes shot open, staring into hers. She tried to rip her hand free from his grasp, but he refused to let go.

"K-Klown!" _____ said. "Let go!"

He did not let go. Instead, he picked up her boots with his free hand and tossed them off the bed. He then rolled both of them so he was on top.

"H-hey!" _____ tried to wriggle free from his grasp. "W-we've been through this! L-let me go!"

Klown let her go but did not get off. He nuzzled her neck once again, this time making a slight purring sound.

"G-get off!" _____ pushed ay his shoulders but he refused to get off of the person he admired the most.

Klown then ran his gloved hand on her bare stomach again, making _____ extremely uncomfortable all over again.

"K-Klown! Please stop! I-I don't like it..." _____ pleaded.

Klown understood her distress and took his hand off of her stomach, still nuzzling her neck. His hands ran up her arms until they were on her own, interlocking his fingers with hers. _____ kept her fingers straight out, trying to show the seductive clown that she was not interested. Klown whimpered, his hands not moving. Instead, his fingers squeezed hers a little, showing her that he loved her.

"K-Klown," _____ said once again. "Please...L-leave me be."

Klown softened his grip on her, lifting his head. He whimpered again, seeing tears threatening to pour from _____'s eyes. She blinked, causing the tears to fall. He let go of her hands, taking her face in his hands once again. He wiped the tears away with his thumbs lovingly. He lowered his head towards hers, attempting to kiss _____ again, only to meet her forearm on his chest, keeping him from getting any closer.

"P-please," she pleaded again. "I-I can't do this anymore, do you understand? I don't have the same feelings toward you as you do me. I'm sorry but it's just not going to work out. Do you understand me? Do you know what I'm saying?"

Klown froze, his face expressionless. His eyes stared into hers, making her uncomfortable. It felt like forever before he slowly slid off the bed, making his way towards the door. His stole one more glance over his shoulder before leaving, quietly closing the door.

_____ was left in the room alone. The candles still burned from the night before. She reached over and picked one up, staring at the small flame, smelling the melting pine scented wax. She then had a great feeling of regret.

'What have I done?' She accused herself. 'He gave me so much. He respected me, wll, most of the time. And I repay him with this?'

_____ pushed herself off of the bed, racing to her boots to warm her already freezing feet. She grabbed her coat and ran out the door, searching for the one monster that fell in love with her.