Tantrum

Raven sat in her room, reading spell books. She couldn't find anything on her powers being useless, though. Anger bubbled within her, and as she tried to keep it down, it pushed up and out. Raven saw a fizzle of black energy before the electricity in her room went out. She thought about all the electricity going out, and as soon as she heard Beast Boy yelling, her suspicions were confirmed. She quickly gathered her books up, going for the shelf. "So if I'm angry, my powers work?" She realized that was a lie. It had to be because she hadn't shown emotions. She was angry at Robin, angry at herself, angry at her emotions, and it was causing her to lose control. Another fizzle of energy, and her bookshelf was on the floor. Raven let out a scream, realizing too late it was a bad idea. Robin busted in, looking pretty freaked out. He looked from Raven to her fallen shelf. "I'm guessing you're the reason for the power outage?" Raven got up from the floor, leaving her bookshelf. She nodded, waiting for his next question. "Have you figured out why you're powers aren't working?" Raven sat on her bed, pushing aside her books. "My emotions. They know I'm not sharing them with you. It's causing my powers to go haywire. Sometimes they won't work, other times they'll go out of control. Either way, I'm useless." Robin sat on the bed next to her, going in for a hug. "This is why I need you to stay out of battle. Your emotions are unpredictable. I want you safe." Raven pulled away, rage consuming her slightly. "I can't afford to be useless! I'm a superhero!" Another fizzle of energy, and multiple statues hit the ground, shattered. "Raven, calm down, tell me what you feel." He knew it was the only way for her to be safe. "I-I feel useless, stupid, upset, angry."

"Why?"

"Because I do!" Her voice was cold. It seemed she was slipping away from him. A tendril of dark energy slithered to her mirror, cracking it completely. He saw her clenching her fists, as if she was trying to stay together. Her hood fell, revealing emotion filled eyes. Raven could feel herself letting go, and soon she was watching herself ruin her room. Robin stood up, gripping her shoulders. "Robin, let me go!" She hissed, but he didn't retreat. Raven knew this was rage, and she watched from her eyes as she pushed him away, her powers destroying more things in her room. Robin ran towards her, making a bold decision. He crashed his lips onto hers, holding her still. Her eyes shut tightly, and she felt a tear roll down her cheek. Her emotions fell back into her mind, and just like that, she was herself again. Raven leaned in, letting him know she was ok. His arms wrapped around her waist, making Raven shiver. She put a hand on his chest, pushing him away for air. She looked into his eyes, feeling tears flow. "I'm sorry Robin." She looked down, but Robin cupped her chin, making her look back up. "It's not your fault, Rae, your emotions are going crazy." She put her head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. Raven felt safe in his arms, and he felt protective. "Robin?" Her voice shook slightly. "Yes?" His tone was soft. "I love you." Robin nuzzled into her shoulder, his words giving her comfort. "I love you too, Rae, forever."