Listening

Robin had slept with Raven that night, keeping her warm. In the middle of the night, she had gotten up, complaining about a nightmare. Robin sat there, listening. He told her she was fine, and she fell back asleep. Listening was key when with Raven. If you didn't listen to her, she didn't want to hear your words. He knew this, and always heard her. Robin made sure to always let her opinion matter.

He awoke to Raven brushing her hair. She was at her dresser, humming. Robin crawled out of her bed, rubbing sleepy eyes. "You hum?" His words were slightly slurred, do to his current state. Raven turned towards him, her eyes sparkling. "Yes, Boy Blunder, I hum." He laughed, loving her nickname for him. "It just seems, I don't know, not you." Raven raised a brow, hands on her hip."That's because you don't completely know me, Robin." He raised his own brow, his mask less eyes amused. "Well, maybe you should tell me more about yourself." Raven walked away from her dresser, positioning herself in front of him. "Well, for starters, I grew up in a place called Azarath."

Raven had told him all about her horrendous, emotionless childhood, and how she rarely saw her mother. Robin had his full attention on her. "And then I came here, to escape my father, Trigon." She finished her story, yawning. Robin watched her stretch, and yawned himself. "So, what other things do you do, besides humming and reading?" She sat on her bed, giving him room to sit too. "I sing, write poetry, play board games, and I think that's it." Robin nodded, smiling. "What time is it?" She asked, looking over to her clock. She read the digital numbers, 7:30. "The others shod be up." She pulled on her cape, grabbed Robin's wrist, and pulled him out of her room, to his. "I'll get dressed, and meet you and the others downstairs. Raven gave him a quick kiss, then went to the common room. Cyborg was making waffles, arguing with Beast Boy about tofu, and Starfire was drinking mustard. Starfire rushed to give her a hug. "It is a glorious morning, is it not, friend Raven?" Raven pulled away to breathe, nodding towards her. She sat at the table, next to Star. Cyborg put down a plate of eggs in front of her. "Morning, Rae." He ruffled her hair. "Good morning Cyborg." She poured herself some tea, and ate. A few minutes later, Robin walked through the room, sitting next to Raven. He took a piece of toast off her plate, and laughed as she glared at him. Beast Boy sat down, eating his tofu. Cyborg pushed a plate towards Robin, smiling. "Morning, Robin." Robin nodded, eating his food. He looked up, and when he looked back down, a piece of his toast was levitating towards Raven's mouth. He raised a brow, receiving a smile from Raven. "You had it coming, Boy Blunder." Robin smiled, kissing her cheek. Neither of them noticed Raven's working powers.