Chapter 1

°Four Years Later°

~Mikasa's POV~

"We are so late!" Petra hissed that late night as the car sped into the driveway of the plaza they pulled in. They had been caught up in their own thing that they almost forgot about the important event taking place that Wednesday night.

"If we sneak in, she probably wouldn't notice, got the balloons?" Levi asked hurriedly as he jumps out of the car the second the car comes to a stop.

A muffled, inaudible, noise arises from Petra as she twist her body inflexibily to get the balloons that had been posted around the back seat.

She snatches them out of the car, along with a few other materials she brought from the corner store. Hobbling over in her heels, Levi catches her hand to balance his clumsy lover, their wedding rings clinking when they connect.

The sudden rush the orange haired female had been feeling dissipates, and an ardent smile plasters over her face. Any problems she had been stressing about alleviates, and all that mattered right now was that they made it, together.

"You okay?" Levi's voice is husky but exhilarated as well. He watches as his wife nods in verification. They soon make their way inside, moving as fast as they could, but careful enough to not slip or fall.

They sped up to the reception desk, after being shouted at by the guards, and begins gasping for breath. Petra was hunched over, deprived of physical strength. It didn't help that she slipped on a tight dress and was wearing heels.

"We are here for the graduation" Levi states firmly, eyes locked with the baffled women up front. A small curl of her lips form upwards.

"Down the hall to the left-" the two takes off with that being said. The women stands from the desk and shouts, "Don't run!" But that was futile. They had already been down the hall and was now making their way to the corridor that lead to the room where the program was being taken.

When Petra hobbles again, Levi catches her. "Be careful Petra, you aren't in no condition to run" he reminds her, rubbing a hand over her inflated stomach.

She eyes him warily. "After being with you for a while, I've learned to manage" she heaves tiredly, placing her stomach over her husbands.

Though he wasn't use to it still, Levi smiles, and pulls Petra into a quick kiss before the blaring of the spokesperson begins what sounded like announcing names.

That snapped them out of their daze quickly. "Shit" they both swore in unison, and Levi cautiously dragging Petra behind him, opens the door and allows her in first. By the time they made it inside the pitched dark room, where the florescent lights only broadcasted on the stage, the two promenades around, eyes fixated on the stage or looking for the person they came to see.

"Do you see her?" Levi asked in a whisper as he looks around. No one on the stage of remembrance crossed his face so he could only infer that she hasn't been called yet. "No, how can many people come before her, her last name starts with 'ac'" she said with distraught.

Levi only shrugs, like he would ever give a damn about other people's life. "Moriah, Acks" the names go on, trying the couples patience.

They ended up standing idly behind the rows of seats. They were just relieved they got through all the boring, sappy stuff about moving on. "I'm proud of Mikasa, she has really come far" Petra whispers while still holding on to the balloons.