Chapter 13

A streak of lightening caused Mikasa to jump in advance when the deafening thunder came following in pair. Her body jolted in instant reaction, and her hands were thrown up to her ears to barricade whatever tried to pry into her hearing. The noise fades seconds later, and Mikasa feels her body loosen as she sets her damp hands back onto her pale lap. A lungful sigh escapes her parted, chapped lips as she stares down at her small porcelain feet with peeling pink polish. She swings them gently before laying her head up, reclining into the bench.

Sheltered by the small roof of the bus stop nearby Eren's apartment, there wasn't much Mikasa could do or go with the weather against her. She could barely see where she was going just running there so making it to Armin's place or even Jean's was unrealistic.

A gust of wind sweeps by, pressing at Mikasa's skin and igniting nothing but shivers. It was cold. Very cold. Mikasa barely had enough clothes to keep herself warm. All she had were the clothes Eren had given her. Everything else she left without second thought.

Other then that she had nothing. Mikasa contemplated about it but sitting out under shelter to wait out the rain seem better than having to just walk around barefoot and cold hoping someone would lend a helping hand and drive her somewhere if not walk. Mikasa runs her hands at her arms to which have already barred goosebumps.

Mikasa had just been sitting there. Waiting. Cold. Alone. Her mind had unwantedly began replaying the scene of when Charlotte had barged in on them. How much better it had all been before she had got there. How nice it was to have the real Eren with her even if it lasted for a couple of hours. She began to wonder what could of happened if Charlotte hadn't shown up, and how the night would of turned out if she had decided to stay at a friends house.

One thing was for sure, something would have changed if she stayed. Mikasa honestly didn't know if she should be relieved or not. If Charlotte easily mistaken her for sleeping with Eren did if they really did something or caught them in the act of something more dubious then what would of happen?

Mikasa hadn't known how long she had been sitting there. But she knew it had been too long for her liking. That was made clear when she heart wet footsteps cloud her ears and a dark silhouette hang over her.

"Mikasa," the said woman couldn't help but jump at the husky tone calling out to her. It had been hard to try and pretend she didn't hear, but knowing that the figure was about three meters away from her and was talking loud enough just for her to hear.

"Mi-ka-sa," the voice repeats again, and this time it draws out a scowl on Mikasa's face that she couldn't mask for long. Her eyes dart up to meet with those warm green ones staring down at her, lips pursed and malice evident. Though to the other figure it didn't look as if she had been that irritated as she tried to play off.

"Don't hyphenate my name, jerk," Mikasa grumbles as she leans against the railing of the bench and begins to take interest in the raindrops scattering down the plastic ads that aided in sheltering her from the weather.

Eren makes a noise of amusement as he takes a step in front of her, dipping his head till he was in her view. His cheeky smirk honing the same annoyance Mikasa always got when she was given that impish look that spelt trouble. It was hard to take the situation serious when he was so childish.

"Don't you have a fiance to get to with a dinner you cooked?" Mikasa finally spoke up after a moment of getting tired of Eren playing around. That definitely broke him still as he propped himself up against the pillar of the ads, using the umbrella he held in the direction of the rain so they weren't sprayed.

"Listen, Mika, I am very sorry about that. I panicked, okay? I didn't want her to get mad at me," Eren apologized as he slid a hand into his front pocket, gazing at the pelted, drenched concrete ground then from Mikasa's head.