Chapter 10

Manipulating Eren into becoming the jealous pariah he and Charlotte was at the party was by far the easiest objective Mikasa had ever set herself up for. The second she walked in following closely behind Zach, hand-in-hand, they had been the center of the attention despite the party being hosted to celebrate Eren and Charlotte's impending wedding.

Mikasa tried not to laugh when she saw the bewildered look springing to Eren's face when seeing that, and she definitely didn't miss how dismissive he was being towards Charlotte. Honestly, it had peeked Mikasa's amusement to the highest bitter.

"Oh, Mikasa, is that your boyfriend?!" Sasha was the first to shout out when they came in, eyes as big as the plate of food she had been stacking for her fill. Gingerly, Mikasa sports a generous, innocent, smile, giving only an uncertain half shrug.

"Not really, I only met him about a week or so ago," Mikasa tries not to gloat or anything to them, especially since Zach wasn't typically the person to brag about. Not when he had an incomprehensible past relationship with Eren in high school that Mikasa still couldn't believe he had been apart of, and only demoted himself to being some rest stop for ladies looking for a break in their current relationship. Yep, nothing to boast about there.

"Mikasa, if you told me you weren't staying at my house to elope you should of just told me," Armin teased with an impish grin of his own that only spelled out trouble. And in spite of this all being just some unannounced 'joke' starred by Mikasa and Zach, Mikasa couldn't help but cringe at the statement, recollecting memories of when he took some non-consensual actions against her will.

"We are not eloping," Mikasa tries to persist a smile through razor sharp teeth, a secretive malevolent snarl whisking behind that impersonation of a grin. But it's not like much attention was paid to her when Zach had already stolen the spotlight.

"What are you talking about, sweetheart?" He pulls a stranded lock behind her ear seductively. "You've always talked about wanting to get married to someone you thought was your true love," he winks at her, and even leans in for a kiss to make this seem even more than realistic. Mikasa visibly glowered at him, backing him away from her before he could even touch her.

"I-I forgot...you're not the type for public affection," he sighs in exasperation, as if he wanted nothing more than to soak in what love she had to offer. Too bad all she wanted to give him was a black eye and a kick in his private.

"Mikasa, he's so thoughtful!" Krista squealed with clapped hands contacting her parted lips sparing a view of her perfectly aligned teeth.

"Right? Sucks for whoever the loser was to leave such an amazing, beautiful woman like Mikasa. She's my everything," Zach cooed as he ruffles his hands through Mikasa's hair, making the most out of this moment even if he had half a mind to know the hell he was going to be put through in the end. It was worth it if it made their relationship seem even more exclusive.

One thing that never happened to Zach was that he was never caught in the act. That went for playing boyfriend and being a lucky woman's treasure to pleasure late at night. Fuck it if the mistress gets caught, as long as it wasn't him—knowing he wouldn't see them again—he could less give a damn about what happens. If he was a prodigy at sneaking out of closets late at night while the 'amazing couple' slept soundly in the same room, then what made him think he was going to get caught slipping from faking his relationship with Mikasa?

It was almost too easy with the flirtatious skills he had mustered in over the past five to six years. And like a gullible six year-old child, Eren was falling for every last bit of it. Not to mention, easily getting under his skin by mentioning his mistakes of deliberately cheating on Mikasa.