Chapter 14

Later that same day Eren returned to his apartment. After spending about two hours just talking with Mikasa and catching up she had ended up falling asleep not long after breakfast. Eren hadn't wanted to leave her alone but he was certain that if he came back home later in the day and Charlotte had been waiting for him it would only increase the likeliness of him getting massacred.

Once he had entered the apartment the first thing Eren noticed was that it was quiet. Pleasant, yes, but knowing it usually meant a few out of a lot of very different situations the peacefulness hadn't sat well on his shoulders.

"Charlotte?" Eren quirked a brow when he waltz into the living room after locking the door behind him, standing near the center of the room when he spotted his fiance sitting deathly still in the center of the couch with the TV broadcasting a friendly tennis game that had been muted.

Charlotte hadn't moved and that somehow frightened Eren despite him trying not to show it. Eren trudged over to her and kicked her leg with his knee, giving her a precarious look. "You okay, babe?" He queried with a concerned look.

"Where were you last night?" Charlotte asked when Eren took his spot by her.

"What do you mean?" Eren quirked a brow as he settled in his spot.

"You told me you were going to your friend's place to get your phone, and yet, you haven't answered any of my calls from the night nor do I see a phone currently in your possession." Eren tensed from beside her but doesn't spare her any other clues by looking at her.

Yes, he lied about where he was going to check up on Mikasa but it wasn't all a lie. He really did need his phone back to avoid misinterpretations like the one last night. Too bad his last resort was his dickhead of a use to be friend who wasn't apart of the gathering with the other guys to have his phone.

"Did you go see that slut?" Charlotte sneered with disgust as she slaps her hands down on her bare lap. When Eren finally shares a look with her he almost regrets it when he is met with a fierce gaze that penetrated even his soul.

Sighing, Eren replies with, "don't call her that. She's been through a lot you know?"

"No, I don't, and I don't care. I'm just a concerned fiance who doesn't want her soon to be husband stolen from her,"  Charlotte huffed as she threw herself off from the couch she sat on and took a few steps away from Eren.

"Enough about her though, you need to get dress because we're going to my parents house for lunch. We were suppose to be there an hour and a half ago," she spins on her heels and marches to the room, soon coming out with an outfit perfectly suited for Eren. The suit was too fancy for his taste. But knowing her parents wearing this is equivalent to wearing outside clothes on a daily.

"W-Why are we having lunch together?" Eren suddenly grew nervous, not because he was afraid to meet the prominent, wealthy members who run this society the way it is or anything but more because he would feel judged by his background.

Despite trying to get out of this relationship with her, while he was still with her for the time being he had to seem like this perfect attraction and why he deserved to be with her. Persuading strict parents wasn't a specialty he carried in his pocket at the ready.

"So they can get to know you, of course. My parents want to know who they are giving me off to so they don't have to overly worry about me," Charlotte sighs almost with disappointment as if this was some planned event that she has been telling him for days on end. If she has been then its definitely been going through one ear and out the other.

"That means get changed now, you look like shit," the blonde sneers as she heads to get changed herself, pulling her phone out to update her parents of their status most likely.