Chapter 17

[Before reading I would like to say that this chapter and probably the next or half of it is mainly focused on Petra and Levi and not Eren and Mikasa just to give insight of what's been going on on their side while the spotlight was focused on the main characters. Anyways, I hope you will enjoy!!! Sorry of any errors I have!]

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, all set," Levi confirms with the most gentlest smile he could muster in front of his clients as they finished the last pose to the photograph session. It was the early afternoon and he had been invited to a wedding ceremony starring one of his old college friends that he didn't really connect with upon contact.

Seeing his friend Mike and Nanaba finally seal the deal with a prophesied gossip their friend group saw coming from a mile away. To think he would be taking pictures for them was a bit underwhelming.

"How did they turn out?" Nanaba asked with content as she held onto her dress to keep from stepping on it as she came over. Levi begins from the beginning, waiting until Mike appeared from behind to show the newlyweds their photos.

"Awe, they're so cute!" Nanaba squealed with contentment. "Of course they are, they have you in it," Mike says matter of factory as if it wasn't obvious already. Nanaba couldn't contain the redness welling in her cheeks as a gentle kiss is placed onto the inflicted area.

"Well, you two make a lovely couple," Levi comments with a soft smile. Nanaba nods confidently before having her attention taken by Mike.

"Hey, babe, wanna go show the guests the pictures when they print?" Mike suggested.

"Sure, I won't mind. I'm sure you two have a lot to catch up on anyway," Nanaba chuckles before grabbing the multiple printed pictures that chucked out the printer and then taking off.

Once she is far off in the distance and a couple of dissociative friends pass by to congratulate Mike on a new chapter, the spotlight involuntarily turns to Levi. "So, Levi, how have you been?" Mike asked as the two traipsed leisurely down a hiking trail that could easily be seen leading to a small lake from the reception area. The wedding took place outside in a rustic vineyard encased with a grassy scenery that came with it. The added on white embellishments and wedding trinkets only complimented the woodsy setting and timber aura.

"I've been good," Levi answers dryly with little detail to add on. Not being a social bug meant him being really closed in on himself, which also means that he doesn't tell anyone anything. Levi was fine with that. He didn't exactly fancy the idea of people knowing his business in the first place. When it came to conversations the goal was always to talk as little as possible with remarks that could discontinue the small talk.

But after not seeing Mike for so long he doubted that he was going to leave it at that.

"Been up to anything lately? You never text anyone that it's like you've disappeared," Mike comments humorously, a small chuckle departing his lips. Levi huffs with relative amusement, but sequesters his hands into his pockets and averts his gaze from the lake to the ground.

"I'm not really the social type," Levi replies with an unabashed shrug as he squints his eyes out to look at the lake before him. "You know that."

"So you're telling me nothing interesting has happened ever since we graduated?" Mike asked with disbelief. Again, Levi shrugs.