Chapter 17: Table for Ten...Twelve?

I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think

After hours of convincing, Spencer had finally agreed to dinner with everyone. And that meant everyone. Spencer would be attending dinner with Drew, Aria, Ezra, Hanna, Caleb, Emily, Samara, Hallie and Toby. Yay. Hallie had insisted on a dinner with everyone since it would be the last time all ten of them could be alone before the wedding. They would be having it at the Rosewood Country club, suggested by Aria, so most of them could feel at home. Spencer was putting earrings in when a figure appeared in the mirror behind her. She spun around to see Aria in her doorway.

"Almost ready?" the smaller brunette questioned.

"Physically? Yes. Mentally? Nope." Spencer said plopping down on the edge of her bed.

Aria walked over and sat by her friend. It'll all be over Saturday. You'll be off wedding duty."

"Yeah, well I still don't know what will be worse, planning their wedding, or watching it happen. I don't even want to think about after."

"So don't. Think about today. Live in the moment, because everything else is uncertain."

Spencer's eyebrows furrowed, "Where have I heard that before?"

Aria shrugs, "I saw it on tumblr."

Spencer chuckled, "Let's get this nightmare over with."

"Don't worry about it Spence," Aria assured, "I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think."

They got to the country club around seven and seated almost immediately, thanks to Spencer's connections. The usher lead them to the table. Somehow, Spencer ended up between Drew and Toby. When they were all seated properly, Spencer noticed the card in the middle of the table that read what table number they were at. 214. She laughed, picking it up. Toby looked over her shoulder and chuckled as well. Spencer looked up and the two of them had made eye, smiling at each other.

"That brings back a lot doesn't it?" she said, with a laugh.

"Yeah, and how I kicked your ass at scrabble." He said with a smirk.

She mock-gasped, "It was not a complete ass-kicking okay?" They both laughed. Aria, Ezra, Hanna, Caleb, Emily, and Samara watched them with small smiled on their faces. But Hallie and Drew weren't so amused. When Spencer and Toby turned back to their significant others and noticed the scowls on their faces, they quickly stopped their laughing and Spencer hastily put down the sign. Spencer stared off into space, wondering what had just happened. She didn't get to think for long, when she was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Hello, my name is Alex and I will be your server today."

Spencer looked up and her eyes were met with a curly, brown haired boy she once knew. "Alex!"

"Spencer?" he said back, "Wow, it's been a while." He looked over at everyone else seated at the table and nodded a hello to who he knew.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Drew questioned.

"Um, yeah we used to date back in high school." Spencer answered awkwardly.

"Geez Spencer, how many guys did you go out with, him, Toby and that British guy that stopped by a few weeks ago." Hallie said.

"Wait, Wren came to see you?" Toby asked, surprised.

"Okay, well anyway, I'm hungry so let's order, shall we?" Hanna interrupted.

Spencer silently thanked Hanna with her eyes. After Alex took their orders he promised to be back later with them.

Spencer noticed the glares Toby and Drew were shooting each other and she wondered what had happened at the bachelor party the previous night.