Chapter 22: Decisions, Decisions

She went through so much hell after you left four years ago and after she finally gets you back, you're about to have a baby with someone else!

"How long have you known?" Spencer asked Hallie, not meeting either her or Toby's eyes.

"About a week. I was going to tell you after the wedding, Toby, but with what happened I was planning on calling you tomorrow." She said.

"You were going to call me and tell me I am going to be a father? Yeah that's a great over the phone conversation." He retorted sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't know what to do. It would have been easier if we still had gotten married." She replied.

Spencer cringed. If Toby hadn't stopped the wedding, the two of them would be married now. She and Toby wouldn't be a couple and Hallie having a baby would be a huge deal. Spencer wasn't just the girl who ruined a marriage; she'd be the girl who ruined a family.

"I should go," she said standing up and heading for the door.

"Spencer, wait." Toby got up and tried to stop her.

"No, you two need some space to work things out," she told him, turning around.

"Spencer, I drove you. You don't have a car."

"Then I'll walk."

"Please just let me –"

"Toby." She warned, firmly. And from the glare she was giving him, he thought it was best not to argue.

It took Spencer and hour to get back to the house. She didn't mind. She found the walk a great time to clear her mind. If Hallie and Toby needed to raise a baby together, she'd respect that and not get in the way. When she reached her destination, she noticed Hallie's car in the drive way and for some reason, she wasn't surprised. She walked through the door and saw Hanna and Aria sitting on the couch, she could hear Emily and Hallie in the kitchen.

Hanna noticed her expression, "We thought it was the least we could do."

Spencer nodded, figuring her three friends were oblivious to the human growing in Hallie's body.

Hallie and Emily walked into the living room together. "Spencer I hope you don't mind that I'm staying here. It won't be long, just until I find an apartment for myself."

Spencer noticed how Hallie's eyebrows rose when she said 'myself'. It was like she was pleading for Spencer to keep it a secret.

"No, it's fine. Stay as long as you need." Spencer said, and then began to head toward her room.

"I made some dinner, if you're interested," Hallie called but Spencer didn't turn.

"No thanks, I'm tired and think I'll go to sleep." She replied.

Aria, Hanna, and Emily watched Hallie follow Spencer down the hall. They remained silent so they could hear anything said.

"Spencer, can we please talk about this." Hallie's distant voice said.

"Hallie, I'm not in the mood tonight. I need time to take everything in." Spencer said.

Then they heard a door shut, followed by a sigh from Hallie.

The eavesdroppers pretended to pick up on a conversation so they wouldn't look suspicious. Hallie walked in and put on a face smile. "So how about some food?"

The nodded and watch Hallie walk into the kitchen.

"What do you think that was all about?" Hanna questioned, softly.