Chapter 19: The Night Before

You're getting married tomorrow.

It was the night before the wedding. The night before Toby and Hallie would be married. The wedding was tomorrow. And tomorrow Spencer would lose Toby forever.

Tonight though was the rehearsal. The bridal party was meeting at the church to rehearse the wedding so everyone knew what they were doing. Emily and Drew would walk down the aisle first, then Hanna and Ryan, followed by Aria and Ezra, then Spencer and Caleb. Then Hallie would walk down the aisle with her dad.

After they did a quick run through of that, twice, to Hallie's suggestion, they went to a nearby hotel for the rehearsal dinner. Everyone who was invited to wedding was attending.

At the moment, Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily were seated at the open bar that the hotel provided.

"It's weird to think that in less than twenty four hours, Toby and Hallie will be married." Emily said.

Spencer set down her glass of wine, "Yeah, can we not talk about that please."

"Sorry Spence," Aria said, rubbing her friends arm. "This must be hard for you."

"You have no idea," Spencer muttered before sipping her wine again.

"Hey, don't drink too much Spence; you still have a speech to give." Hanna warned, chuckling.

"That's kind of the point," Spencer shot back.

"Hey, girls," Drew greeted, approaching them, "would you mind if I stole Spencer for a moment?"

"No go ahead," Emily told him with a small smile.

Spencer hesitantly followed him to a corner in the room. She hadn't spoken to him since their fight the previous afternoon. She was worried about what he would say since he had revealed he had found out about Toby and Spencer's secret night in Vegas.

"So, what's up Drew?" she asked, trying to sound casual.

"Don't act like nothing happened, you know what's up." He said, slightly angry.

"Listen, I don't think this is the best time and place to be talking about this," she tried backing away, but he pulled her arm keeping her in place.

"Spencer we need-" Drew began but was interrupted but Hallie's booming voice in the microphone.

"Thank you all for coming tonight," her voice said and Spencer saw her standing in the middle of the room. "I know I speak for myself as well as Toby when I say we really appreciate you all being here to celebrate the most important day in our lives. But the person we'd like to thank the most is my maid of honor, the person who made this whole thing possible. My best friend, Spencer Hastings."

The room clapped and Spencer shot Drew an apologetic look, even though she wasn't sorry, before making her way to where Hallie was. She briefly hugged her before taking the microphone from her hands.

Spencer tried not to sound nervous or upset in her speech, so she took a few deep breaths before starting. "I just wanted to say that I feel very fortunate to know both Hallie and Toby. They are both amazing people and are both very important to me," as she said this, her eyes wandered over to where they were standing. Hallie was smiling. Toby wasn't. Spencer continued, "All I want is for the two of them to be happy and I know they will be with each other." Now she was holding back tears. "So how about a round of applause for the happy couple." Her voice cracked as she said, "good luck you guys." The crowd clapped as Hallie kissed Toby. Seeing this made a tear fall from Spencer's eyes. She had to get out of there before someone noticed. She found a room on the side of the room and headed in there. She was fully aware that Drew had followed her.