Chapter 25: A Fresh Start

"Well I think every last box has been packed." Spencer stated, surveying the now empty house.

"Yeah everything has been loaded in to the trucks," Hanna said beside her.

"It felt like just yesterday we were moving in here." Aria added, walking around their deserted living room.

"Yeah back before we knew Hallie." Emily said.

"Good times, good times." Spencer sighed, "Well let's not dwell on the past when we can focus on our bright futures."

"Exactly," Aria agreed, "So Spence let me know when you're ready to start my wedding plans."

"Oh please don't remind me. I'm still in rehabilitation from the last one I planned." Spencer joked.

"Hopefully this one will be a little easier to do." Emily joked.

"And hopefully the wedding won't end the same way." Hanna added, teasingly.

"Believe me, everything will go fine. Aria isn't marrying my ex so we're all good." Spencer said, with a laugh.

"Hey, we're about to leave without you, are you ready?" Toby asked, popping his head in the doorway.

"Yeah, tell Ezra, Caleb, and Samara we'll be out in a sec." Hanna told him.

He nodded before disappearing outside again.

Emily sighed, "So many memories in here."

"Yeah I'll never forget the time we plotted Hallie's revenge and kicked her ass the next day." Aria joked to which everyone laughed.

"Hey guys, come out here-" Caleb said walking in the room.

"What Caleb? We said we'd be out in a minute!" Hanna interrupted him.

He put his hands up in defense. "Woah, don't shoot. I just wanted you to see who is buying the house. I think you're going to like it."

They all shared curious and confused glances, before following Caleb out the door.

"Oh my God, look who the cat dragged in." Hanna said, after seeing who was on their front yard.

"Nice to see you too, Hanna." Noel Kahn said sarcastically. "Jenna, I'm starting to regret our decision with this house. It's probably infected."

"Very funny Noel." Aria rolled her eyes,

"Well I hope you enjoy your house, even though it's probably cursed." Spencer joked and everyone excluding Jenna and Noel chuckled.

"What do you mean?" Jenna asked.

"It's a long story," Spencer explained, walking past them, "Maybe I'll write a book about it."

"Spence, leave the writing to the professionals okay?" Ezra teased,

"Oh and remind me again when your last book was published." Spencer shot back.

Ezra rolled his eyes, "Watch it Hastings."

"Whatcha gonna do about it Fitz?" Spencer retorted.

Aria and Toby watched on amused at the banter between their significant others. "Okay Toby, I say we get them out of here quick before it gets to crazy." Aria joked.

"Yeah, wouldn't want that," Toby agreed. "Ezra haven't you learned by now, never to mess with a Hastings?"

"Enjoy the house you two!" Emily called to Jenna and Noel as the eight of them got into their separate cars and they drove away.

Toby helped unload Spencer's boxes out of his truck and the moving van into his house. Once they were finished, the couple collapsed onto the couch, exhausted.

"When should we start unpacking?" Spencer asked, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"As soon as we get back from the Bahamas." He answered.

"Are you sure we could go? I mean, it was supposed to be your and Hallie's honeymoon." Spencer questioned.

"Spencer, we are going. Think of it as a well deserved break from all the drama we have just gone through." He said.

"You're right, as always. It would be good to have a vacation." She agreed.

"And when we get back, we can unpack, and you can start planning Aria's wedding and begin your new teaching job." He told her.

She smiled, "I'm so glad everything is falling in to place. Aria is moving in with Ezra, and into a house a few doors down from us. Hanna is moving into Caleb's apartment and Emily into Samara's."

"And we are together, exactly as it should be." He added.

"And I couldn't be happier." She leaned in and kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Forgetting I'm still here?" Ryan cleared his throat behind them, causing the couple to pull away. "Don't forget, you still have another month to deal with me."

"I'm still glad you decided to permanently move her instead of going back to California," Toby said. "It wouldn't be the same without you, man."

"Yeah and now I have plenty of time to get you a girlfriend." Spencer added.

"Good luck finding someone as amazing and perfect as Spencer though," It was directed at Ryan, but Toby looked at Spencer as he said it. Spencer blushed and the couple smiled at each other.

Ryan rolled his eyes and their interaction. "Just use protection." He said, before walking up the stairs.

They laughed, their foreheads touching as they did. It was true, Spencer had never been happier. None of them have. Everything was perfect again. It was like they had put the final piece together of the biggest puzzle in history. Hanna was with Caleb again. Emily and Samara were married. Aria and Ezra were engaged. Ryan was dating...his future girlfriend that Spencer would set him up with. Most importantly though, Spencer and Toby were together again and nothing was getting in their way.

Everyone was finally free of drama. But is the drama really over when it comes to Spencer, Hanna, Aria, and Emily? Not really. But they would take everything one day at a time and today was perfect. So they would enjoy it while they could.

So it's not really Happy Ever After. It's more like Happy Ever After... For Now.

The End For Now.