IV ✔️The Deep

"WHY DIDNT YOU EVER TELL ME YOU WERE FRIENDS WITH BILL DENBROUGH?" Betty asked Thomas when she arrived home

"I forgot." He replied frowning. Betty rolled my eyes plopped down on her brothers bed.

"Hey you wanna come to the Quarry with me, and some other kids tomorrow?" she asked him. He thought for a minute.

"Sure why not." He said.

"Great! 10 tommorow." Betty said cheerfully. She left his room without another word. Thomas frowned confusion, who was this and what have they done with his sister.

The next morning Thomas woke up to Elizabeth jumping on his bed . He had never seen her with so much energy before, it was weird.

"Get up were going to be late." Betty told her brother. Yesterday something inside her changed. Obviously she was exhausted but for some reason she didnt act like she was, it was odd for her.

"Okay okay im coming." Thomas grumbled tossing his covers off. Elizabeth was already ready and waiting downstairs, a tropical smoothie in her hands.

Finally Thomas stumbled down the stairs. "Alright lets go." He said opening the door.

Outside the harsh light caused the pair of twins to blink rapidly. Elizabeth reached into her bag and pulled out a pair of sunglasses. Thomas looked over and sighed, he should have brought sunglasses.
The two got their bikes out and pedaled to the quarry. They both knew the way seeing as they had gone there plenty of times with their parents. Elizabeth loved to swim. There was just something about the water that made her happy.

When the two pulled up the quarry it was empty.

"Tommy, you made us late, now they left." Betty grumbled looking at the ground. Tom looked at his watch.

"Its only 10:15,were only 15 minutes late they should be he-" he was cut off by a loud screech.

"Im gonna kill you Richie!" The unmistakable voice of Eddie Kaspbrak rang though the air.

"Told you they were still here." Tom said smugly.

"Shut up." Elizabeth smiled getting off her bike. She walked over to the edge and peered down. The six kids that she saw yesterday were swimming down in the water below.

"Hi Betty!" Stan shouted noticing the girl. Betty waves shyly.

"Come in the water feels amazing." Bev called up to her. Betty smiled before taking off her dress leaving her in the black bathing suit.

"On three." Thomas said grabbing his sisters hand. Betty looked over to him and smiled. On three was there tradition. Everytime they came to the quarry they always did it. "One, two, threeee!" They both said. The cold water engulfed Betty as she hit the water. She came up giggling. Elizabeth felt something touch her foot. She swam back in surprise but when she saw it was just a turtle she relaxed.

"Hey Bill." Tom said awkwardly at his ex best friend. In truth Tom forgot why he stopped begin friends with Bill. Just out of the blue one day they stopped talking.

"H-Hi" Bill responded. A scream echoed through the quarry cliff. Thomas and Bill whirled around quickly to find Elizabeth on top of Stans shoulders and Bev atop of Bens, the four engaged in a chicken fight. Tom visibly relaxed. He turned back to Bill and smiled.

"So how have you been."

"Ive been b-better." Tom smiled sadly remembering what happened with Georgie.

"Im sorry."

"T-Th-Thanks.

"Yess I win!" Betty shouted swimming over to her brother. Bill smiled watching the girl awe in his eyes. Bill felt a splash of cold water hit his face. Richie laughed uncontrollably as Bill blinked rapidly.

"Richie!" Bill shouted splashing the boy back.

"Ow my eye!" Eddie cried holding his face. Richie looked at him before shrugging and splashing him the the face. Eddie angrily splashed Richie in the face.

"Splash Warrr!" Thomas yelled splashing his sister. Betty screeched before splashing him back. All eight if them then became engaged in a water war. Eddie swam away first insisting his mouth couldn't handel anymore germs. Stan decided it would be a good idea to follow him.

Eventually they all became tired and swam to the shore to dry off.

Once onto the rock, Betty pulled out a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos from her bag. Tom sat next to her taking a couple. He smiled at his sister before snatching the bag and running away.

"Tom! Im gonna kill you." Elizabeth shouted chasing after her brother.

"Im comin to help you!" Bev shouted running after the two.

"Tom!" The two screeched as they toppled back into the quarry.

"Opps?" He said taking a bite of a chip. Elizabeth huffed and crawled back out of the water, Bev right behind her. "Here." Thomas sighed giving the chips back to his sister. Betty peered into the bag.

"Tom! You at a ton." Betty whined looking at the half empty bag.

"To be fair I had help." He smiled gesturing to the other boys behind him.

"Brothers." She grumbled before plopping down on her pale pink towel.

A/N hii everyone and happy holidays