XI✔️ Independence Day: Resurgence

"What the fuck dude." Richie furiously asked as the kids "trumpet" he was harassing was snatched out of his hands. Betty smiled as the kid stormed over to the group. Eddie also had rounded the corner, two cones his hands. Richie snatched one licking it quickly.

"What are you guys talking about?" The short boy asked.

"What they always talk about." Richie retorted. Betty frowned, she didn't think they talked about it all the time.

"I actually think it will end,
for a little while, at least." Ben spoke up. Bill and Betty exchanged a glance.

"What the fuck do you mean." Tom burst out.

"Well maybe if you let him speak." Mary scolded. Thomas rolled his eyes at his cousin before motioning for Ben to continue

"So I was going over all of my data research and I charted out all of the big events." He paused observing everyone's expressions. Mary's brow was furrowed, confusion written on her face. She had no clue what they were talking about and Betty wanted to keep it that way.

"The Ironworks explosion in 1908. The Bradley Gang in '35
and The Black Spot in '62.
And now the kids being..." Bens voice trailed off glancing at Bill who swallowed. Betty noticed the growing tension and lightly grabbed Bills hand. Bill glanced down at there hands but said nothing causing a blush to cover the blondes cheeks.

"I realized that this
stuff seems to happen
every 27 years." Ben explained.

"What the hell are you all talking about?" Mary blurted out Betty had forgotten that her cousin was there.

"It's a long story, we should sit down." Stan suggested. The rest of the group agreed and they moved to a bench. Most of them sat on their bikes however due to there only being one bench.

"Ok so let me get this straight.
IT comes out from wherever
to eat kids for like a year
and then what?
IT just goes into hibernation?" Eddie exclaimed as Mike explained the situation.

"Yeah I think?" Mary chirped in. Betty had never seen her cousin this quiet. She hadn't said anything the entire time Mike talked.

"Maybe it's like... What do you call it?" Stan started puzzled. His eyebrows rose once he figured it out "Cicadas! You know, the bugs that come out once every 17 years." He elaborated. Bill nodded.

"My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things that happened in this town
are because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry." Mike told the group. An odd shudder went around the group and suddenly Betty was freezing even though it was 90 outside.

"But it can't be one thing." Stan insisted. "We all saw something different."

"I didn't see anything" Mary said nonchalantly. Thomas rolled his eyes.

"No shit."

"Maybe. Or maybe IT knows what scares us most and that's what we see." Mike spoke. Mike had a way of grabbing ones attention his voice was soft and commanding, like Bills.

"I-I saw a leper. He was like a walking infection." Eddie told the group, gagging slightly.

"But you didn't. Because IT isn't real." Stan reassured.

"I don't think so Stan." Elizabeth spoke up for the first time. "I think there's something, evil, it's the only explanation."

"No, None of this is. Not Eddie's leper or Bill seeing Georgie or the woman I keep seeing." Stan stuttered tripping over his words.

"Is she hot?" Richie piped up. Mary who was sitting next to the dork smacked him. Tom gave his cousin a high five. The difference between Mary and Richie was the timing. Richie spoke at the worst times and Mary knew when to not make a comment.

"No. Richie. She's not hot." Stans voice cracked. "Her face is all messed up. None of this makes any sense. They're all like bad dreams."

"Trust me I know bad dreams and this is no dream." Betty told Stan. Bill looked at the blonde reassuringly. He knew of her troubles with sleep and dreams.

"I agree with Betty, I know the difference between a bad dream and real life, okay?" Mike said.

"What did you see? You
saw something too?" Eddie bursted out. Ben and Bev had been quiet this whole time, as well as Bill. It was unusual for anyone to be quiet in the group besides Betty and Ben.

"Yes." Mike swallowed. "You guys know that burnt down house on Harris Avenue?" He paused so everyone could nod. "I was inside when it burned down. Before I rescued...my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me. They were pushing and pounding on the door trying to get to me. But it was too hot. When firefighters found them the skin on their hands melted down to the bone." Betty shuddered rubbing her thumb across her hand. She could feel it, the burning. "We're all afraid of something." Mike spoke softly before looking down at the ground.

"Got that right." Richie spoke in a tone that was different for him.

"Why Rich? What are you afraid of?" Stan and Eddie asked. Richie adjusted his glasses before speaking.

"Clowns"

"Me too." Betty quietly admitted.

"I hate being afraid." Mary spoke out. "It makes me look weak but truth is I'm deadly afraid of balloons." Richie stifled a laugh.

"Balloons! Really?" He laughed. Mary gave him a glare.

"It's not funny. I'm serious."

"Okay sorry." Richie backed down. Richie never backed down which is why Beverlys eyes lit up. Richie actually liked someone that's not himself or Eddie.

"Hey Libb-by." Bill whispered in Elizabeth's ear. The hairs on the back of the girls neck stood up as his breath fanned her ear, and her insides swirled at the nickname. "Are you o-okay?" Betty nodded and turned to him.

"The real question is are you okay?" Bill nodded at her concern.

"I will be, right after we kill this fucking clown."

A/n
Guys I am so sorry this took me so long I've just been so busy and I'm going through a break up and other stuff so I apologize.

And Elizabeth's names are
Elizabeth
Betty
Libby
Bets
And lib
So if you see those they are all
The same person lol