Chapter 6

Trigger warning: mentions of her past and depression.
There will be an authors note at the end so please read! I hope you enjoy the chapter!!

-Chris POV-
Dean leads me up and back to the kitchen, where our food is waiting. This kitchen was one of those huge service kitchens, like a restaurant or thing would have. It was magnificently huge and I was standing in awe.
"I can test out so many recipes in this kitchen!" I yelled.
"Here." Dean said as he handed me a burger with a side of fries.
"Yes! Fries!"
"No burger is complete without fries!" Dean scoffed like it was obvious.
"You sir. Are my kind of person."
Dean picks up Sam's plate and we go to the library to eat.
I've never been a really book person but I do love the Hunger Games series.
"Thanks. So have you gone to your room yet Chris?" Sam asked as he pushed aside the book he was reading and moved his plate in front of him.
"Nah not yet. But I'll check it out after I finish eating..."
An awkward silence fell upon the room. Chewing noise and such was the only sound around.
"So... what do you guys do when you aren't, you know, killing monsters?"
"Killing monsters doesn't really have an off season." Dean replies.
"Ah."
Silence. Once. Again.
"What got you started in hunting? I mean I can't imagine you two, fresh outta college and all like 'Samantha my dear moose sibling! Hunting is our calling! Time to go kill the little monsters that were in the bedtime stories we heard as kids! I have a serious grudge against Dracula, that blood sucking pest...'" I made faces and deepened my voice for emphasis. Dean looked like he was trying not to laugh and sam gave me a RBF probably for calling him moose.
"Actually, our dad raised us in the job. We uh, we got into the job after our mom was killed. And we never went to college. Well I did but then dropped out to come back and help" Sam explained.
"Oh. I'm sorry. That must've been... hard. I might've not had the best childhood but this job doesn't seem like something a kid should be introduced to."
"Well that's what life gave so whatever."
Silence fell over us again but this time it wasn't awkward, it was just more tense.
"Chris, you said you wanted me to get you this?" Cas said suddenly appearing next to me.
Cas held up a box that was black and white and had water color stains on it.
"Yeah. Thanks Cas!" I get up and go give him a big hug, and he returns it. I go over and give Sam a hug and then am about to give Dean a hug but then stop. He stands up and we give each other a rather awkward hug. After a moment dean tightens his grip around me and I do the same.
"Night Dean." I say as I pull away.
Cas hands me my box and I nod to him as a final goodbye and head to the door marked with wooden name plate on the door saying 'Chris' in burnt letters.
I enter the room and all the dull colors make me feel depressed. The was this room is right now makes me want to curl in one of the corners and sulk.
"No way in h e l l is this room staying like this." I say and begin my work on the room. After around 7 hours (and asking Cas to stop by my house to get all my crap from the house) my room is complete! My Sherlock and doctor who posters were next to each other along with my marvel and dc posters. Next to those were shelves lined with comic books and different funko pops I've collected over the years. Manga and anime figurines lined another shelf and I had a stack of all my favorite movies next to my vinyls and record player. My bed was a light grey comforter with black branch details. I had my green plaid blanket I've had since I was a baby at the foot of my bed, and a leather jacket that I've had forever, hanging on the end to my bed. I have no clue who's it was before, I just know I've had it as long as I can remember.
"Ugh." I collapsed on my bed face first in exhaustion.
Sleep slowly over came me and within a minute it was lights out.
-time skip-
*i will break into your thoughts, with what's written on my heart.... I will BREAK! BREAK!*
I jolted out of bed at the sudden noise. The song continued to blare out of my phone, I set my alarm to something I knew would wake me up. Quickly tapping the screen to make the noise stop, I head over to my dresser and grab my undergarments, a pair of black jeans, a black halter top that has the phases of the moon and says "stay weird" in upside down letters, my grey flannel and my galaxy themed Doc Martins. After changing I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth, hair and such. My hair was put in a French braid that went into a messyish bun.
My arm was still in its bandaids, sam said I wasn't allowed to change them alone until I learned how to "properly" clean and dress a wound. I'm pretty sure with the way these guys work nothing is done "properly". That's all I'm saying.
From how deserted the bunker was I was guessing Sam and Dean were still sleeping. Great. I can make them breakfast as a "thanks" for letting me stay here. I'm not too good with words so this'll be the way I say thanks.
Half way through finishing the waffles I was making, sam comes in the kitchen looking like he just woke up.
"Morning Sam!" I say rather chipper.
Sam's arm immediately reached for the gun behind the coffee pot. I found it this morning when I needed my daily drug. Coffee is a drug.
He points the gun at me and I just stare back at him waiting to see what will happen.
"Oh... Chris. Sorry I didn't think you'd be up yet.."
"Is that a nice way of saying you forgot I was here?" I chuckle.
"What? No I just-"
"Samantha stop. It's fine. Here I made you and Dean breakfast. As a sorta thanks. Hope ya like waffles!"
Sam chuckled and placed his gun back then got himself some coffee. He came over to me and I handed him a plate and pushed the plate with the stack of waffles towards him.
"Dig in. I have no clue where you people keep the syrup so can you get it for me oh tall one?" I ask.
Just as sam is about to respond Dean walks in the room wearing this 1950's maybe 40's styled robe. Sam and I say morning but he just grumbles something and goes straight for the coffee maker.
"Hey Dean, Chris made breakfast." Sam said.
"Aannnddddd LAST WAFFLE DONE. FINALLY. I hate standing up for extended periods of time."
As I say that a timer goes off and I go and get the bacon out of the oven.
"Hope you two like bacon."
Dean looks my way right as I say bacon.
"Bacon? You said bacon?"
I nod, noting the fact he sounds like what a dog would be if dogs could speak, and grab and waffle and a couple pieces of bacon for myself.
"Ima be in my room watching anime if any ya need me. Peace losers." I take my food and head to my room.
As I enter my room I take notice the box that Cas brought me last night. I head over to my bed and silently sit down. The plate makes a slight noise as I set it down to grab the box. As the box is placed on my bed, the comforter of my bed squishes in slightly.
My hand gently glides over the smooth paper material of the box, until it stops at the cold metal of the latch. The latch opens with a soft klink.
Once the lid opens, my eyes scan over all the folded up or crumpled pieces of paper that littered the box. A few photos or drawings were noticeable here and there.
These were letters I had written to my dad over the years but I had no clue who to send them to so I just kept them stored away. I would always write a letter to him whenever I felt like the world was crushing me or like I was going to explode from anger towards Bill or my mom.
I opened a few of the letters, some super stupid like just asking how his day was or what he looked like or something like that, some talking about my depression or anxiety. All of them ended in the same words, "I can't wait till I finally get to meet you! Love you papa!". I found the last letter I wrote to him, two years ago. It was an angry rant asking why he wasn't there, why he couldn't save me from this, asking if he was even alive. Asking if he was alive if he cared about me. Tears stained the paper from when I was writing it and left the pages wrinkled and rough.
I looked through the photos I had, pictures of me through the years. One of me at my 5th birthday party. We had a camping birthday party, that Jack's mom threw me. I'm the photo I was smiling ear to ear, while my missing front tooth was right on display, and I had on my jeans and hiking boots and a flannel shirt I borrowed from Teddy. My two boys (Teddy and Jack) were hugging me and lifting me up to be able to blow out my candles.
I smiled at the memory.
Another photo was at my 8th grade graduation. I was in the middle of Teddy and Jack. Jack had on his black tux and Teddy wore the same thing, only without the jacket, and I had on a white dress that fell to right above my knees, with a thin brown belt and matching brown leather boot heels Jack's sister let me borrow, and my hair was curled in a half up half down do. We three wore the biggest smiles ever.
Another one I picked up was from my 8th birthday party. It was after Jack and my fight but before the incident with Bill.
A few more photos were just of me doing random stuff, like cooking a cake at Teddy's house or learning to waltz with Jack's older brother Johnny. I found a couple of my baby photos, ones that you had to go to a studio to take, where my baby body was sleeping on top of what looked like a leather jacket and then this green flannel blanket. This was when I still had my mom. Then there was every single one of my school photos that you take at the beginning of the school year, when there's still some summer life in you. My smile was a giant ear to ear smile in kindergarten but as the years went on my smile faded.
There was a photo of me wearing a werewolf mask and paws jumping out behind Jack, who was screaming his lungs out in the photo. Teddy took the photo. We were having a horror movie marathon and Jack gets scared easily.
I slept over at one of their houses all the time because these were my boys, my best friends, my family.
Unconsciously I started crying. I hadn't noticed until the tears started more rapidly and started to fall on my photos. Soon I was full on sobbing, clutching the photos and letters and anything I had near me, close to my chest. Everything happened so fast and I couldn't keep up. I was sitting on my bed, crying so loud, anxiety attack pounding in my ear drums, that I hadn't noticed Dean pounding on my door.
He finally gave up on trying to get my attention and barged in gun pointed as he scanned the room.
"Chris! Are you ok?! What happened?!" He put his gun back and then came over to me, hugging my shaking frame.
"It's... nothing..." I said as I hugged my knees closer to my chest.
"What are these?" He asked as he picked up one of the notes. Before her opened it I saw it was covered in animal stickers and this one storm trooper sticker. My first letter I wrote to my dad-well technically. I wrote it for Dean.
"Just, stupid notes."
Dean opened and read the letter with his free hand, his other arm wrapped protectively around my shoulders.
"When did you write this?" Dean's voice was small as he scanned over the words of the letter.
"I was around 6 when I wrote that one... the rest was just random times. It was a way of me feeling close with my da-you. Just something I thought would connect us. I promised myself if I ever met you I'd give you all these letters so you wouldn't feel like you missed any time with me. I saved photos, drawings, moments, anything I could. I made myself believe you were just busy, doing some heroic work so you couldn't visit. After a while I just started telling myself you were dead. It was easier then thinking you didn't care to even come visit."
-No ones POV-
Chris huddled closer to herself as memories flashed over her eyes.
Dean started reading more and more of the letters, lightly laughing at a couple of the comments in her letters, staying silent for others.
Dean felt this sadness in the pit of his stomach. As he got to know this girl through her letters he was sad he had missed so much time with her. As the letters got to the later years of her life the letters became more serious, and more of a venting tool.
Finally he came to her last letter. He was angry and sad and all the emotions in between. He felt regret even if there was nothing he could do and he felt sorry she had to go through all this.
He placed the last letter in the box and hugged Chris tightly.
"I'm sorry..." he whispered.
"I don't blame you.... you didn't know... there's some photos in here too. If ya wanna see them..." Chris said timidly as she got all the photos.
"That'd be awesome."
The two spent time looking at photos, Chris would explain the story behind them, laughing as she relived the memories of her with her friends.
Dean smiled as he watched his daughter laugh over old memories.
"Annndddd this was when I was cute and a baby." Chris said as she showed him her baby photos.
"Hey! That was my old jacket! I used to look for it everywhere wondering what happened to it!" Dean exclaimed as he looked at the photo.
"Really? Oh I've had it with me for years."
Dean just nodded.
"You want it back?"
"Nah. I've already got one I've had for a while. Keep it."
Chris felt like this was as close as to any sentiment that she was going to get from Dean, but she was ok with that.
After looking through the photos Chris went to take her dishes to the kitchen and Dean took a couple of the photos from her pile. He took one of her baby photos, the one from her 5th birthday, a couple of her school photos, the one of her cooking and then took the one from her 8th grade graduation to make a copy of it.
Chris gave Sam the photo of her climbing up a tree with Teddy further up the tree and Jack struggling to keep up with the two.
"Thanks Chris. How old were you in this photo?"
"I was about, I wanna say.... 9? Maybe 10. It was a while ago."
"By the looks of it, it seems like you've liked the forest for a long time." Sam says.
Chris just stares at her coffee before taking a sip of the bitter bean water. "Uh huh. I'm going for a walk. Be back in a bit."
"Want me to-"
"I'm good. See ya. Tell Dean I'll be back."
The young girls retreating footsteps are the only sound that could be heard. She went and changed into her brown hiking boots before leaving and going for a walk. She swung her arms as she walked through the maze of trees. To find her way back she pulled out her switch blade and marked trees.
"I can't get too close to these people.... it'll be too much if I have to-" Chris mumbled to herself before stopping, tears pricking the corners of her eyes as she thought about her family she left behind.
Chris walked up to the tallest tree she could find and started to climb up. It took her about ten minutes to actually reach the top, but when she did the view was amazing. She could see trees for miles and the occasional bunch of birds fly out of them. The air was crisp and cool as she breathed in, loving that lasting smell of pine.
She got lost in how long she was up there, imagining herself with the wings from her dreams, flying away.
'Chris, you need to come home, Sam and Dean are starting to worry.'
Castiel's voice said in her head.
Since Chris was standing up on one branch, and the sudden voice startled her, she lost her balance and fell. Branches broke as her body collided with them, and the girl kept falling until she grabbed onto a branch, nearly dislocating her shoulder and came to a stop. Her clothes wear torn and bloody and her face was bruised and she had a busted lip.
The branch started to crack and Chris let out a silent prayer for the branch to hold. Alas. It broke. Chris fell the remainder of the way down, until her body hit the ground with a loud thud and a crack. Chris screamed in pain as she reached for her left arm. Unbearable pain ripped through her entire body as she lay on the forest floor.
She tried her best to get up but she didn't have enough energy. Black dots danced in her vision and soon enough darkness overcame her.
*at the bunker*
"Where the heck is she Cas?!" Dean yelled as he paced the room.
"I-I don't know Dean. She's blocked me from from locating her." Cas tried to explain calmly but was freaking out internally.
"How?! How is she able to do that?!"
"I don't know."
Dean was about to throw the glass of whiskey he poured himself, but instead shoved it away from him and went to the door.
"Where are you going Dean?"
"To find her!"
"I'm coming with you." Cas said. Sam stayed behind just in case she came home.
*time skip two hours*
Dean and Cas searched the woods for two hours, in the dark. Dean was had already gotten panicky about and hour and a half ago.
Cas was extremely worried and showed it with his clumsy and quick movements.
As Cas turned around a tree, not looking where he stepped, he tripped and fell face first.
"What the-?" Said Cas's slightly less monotone voice. When he looked at his feet he saw Chris's limp body, her arm black and blue and in an awkward position and the rest of her dirty and covered in scratches.
"Chris!" He yelled and moved to pick her up. When he had her in his arms he called Dean, who ended up running back to the bunker and making it before Cas and Chris.
Dean impatiently tapped his foot against the marble flooring as he waited and Sam paced back and forth around the room.
Cas opened the door and walked down the steps and once Dean caught sight of them, ran over to them.
"Chris!" He yelled. He took in sight her beaten and bruised figure. "What happened?"
"I-I don't know." Cas was very worried about her and was trying so hard to stay calm and composed.
"Can't you heal her?" Dean wanted to be mad or angry that Cas hadn't healed her yet, but honestly he was just worried for her safety.
"Yes. Yes I can..." Cas put two fingers to her forehead and slowly all her bruises and cuts were gone, including the marks on her arm.
With Cas still holding her, but now healed, Chris curled up and snuggled into Cas's chest feeling safe.
Sam stood towards the back and breathed a sigh of relief.
"I'll go put her to bed...." Cas said.
"No. I got it." Dean said, then took the girl from Cas, and took her to her room.
As Chris made contact with her bed, she grabbed her green blanket and wrapped it around herself.
"Night *yawn* dad..." Chris mumbled in her sleep as she shifted, then fell back to sleep.
Dean smiled and brushed her hair out of her face then kissed her forehead and left.
"Night Chris."

A/n: Hi everyone!! I just wanted to thank everyone who does read my story, I'm sorry I'm terrible at updating things on time! School is stressing me out and I'm also trying to get into this school of the arts... sooo fingers crossed and praying to god I get in. Anyways I hope y'all liked this chapter, if you did please vote and comment (I hate self promo so much I'm sorry). I'm thinking of just doing a fluff chapter for Christmas but I dunno. Maybe. Also I might be adding some Sabriel and Destiel to this fic (its most likely gonna happen) but yeah. I also have not proofread this chapter I really just wanted to get it posted since I haven't done anything in a while so yeah. Sorry if there's any typos or things that don't make sense. Ok. Long rant over. I hope y'all had a good week and thanks for reading this chapter.
-emo