Chapter 12

A/n: hey guys I know it's been a while since I've posted on this story. Sorry about that. Schools been hell. Life has been hell. But ironically writing is a constant. More will come, I hope you like the chapter.
:):

No ones POV

Chris walked into the kitchen to see Dean and Sam sitting at the table. Dean got frustrated at his notepad and ripped out the page he was writing on.
"What'd that notepad ever do to you?"
"THIS IS JUST STUPID. IM NOT GONNA DO IT." He yelled.
Chris raised a eyebrow at Sam waiting for an explanation.
"He's trying to figure out how to propose to Cas."
Chris's face lit up with a small smile.
"You're going to propose?"
"No."
"Yes he is."
"No I'm not! I can't get the words right and there's no way I'm doing this unless the words are right!"
"Just write down how you feel."
Dean looked at her like he was waiting for it to click in her brain why that was a stupid idea.
"That's what I told him!"
"Oh shut up like I'm taking advice from you, you're just as unengaged as me."
"Ladies don't fight. Dean you want to marry Cas correct?"
"... yes. Of course I want to marry him."
"Okay. Then write down the reasons you want to marry him. You have reasons right?"
Dean sighed but listened to the girl and started to write down how he felt. So maybe there'd be one chick flick moment in Dean's life.
-time skip-
Chris had helped Dean set up the the proposal area and then her, Bullet, Sam and Gabe left to go see a movie.
"Good luck old man!" Chris called out before they finally left.
Dean huffed as Chris said this but once he heard the door close his true nerves hit and he began tapping his foot anxiously.
The plan was that Chris had sent Cas to the store to find a brand of cereal Chris knew that store didn't sell and that once he gave up there that he'd come home to find dean. Then he would ask Cas out on a date and they'd go to the barn where they had first met (Sams idea). Then he'd propose. Chris felt the need to make the comment "that's gay." And ended up getting smacked.
Dean pulled his collar away from his neck, feeling suffocated in it. Dean had never felt this level of fear or nerves in his life. The gold ring in his pocket suddenly felt like it weighed a ton.
Was this how Chris felt when she spiraled?
The door to the bunker opened and Deans eyes immediately snapped up to see his boyfriend holding a brown paper bag.
"They didn't have the cereal but the lady at the store told me this one was similar. Do you think Chris will mind?" Cas asked as he reached in the bag and took out the box of off brand cereal. When he finally looked up he saw dean standing there in his suit and a look of confusion crossed his features. "Are you going on a hunt?"
Dean let out a low chuckle, some of his nerves easing away. Dean took Cas's hands in his own.
"No. I wanted to take you out on a date. We haven't had one in a while."
Cas smiled and nodded.
"Okay. I'll just go and change-"
"No! You look fine as you are. Absolutely handsome."
"But you're all dressed up."
"Yeah well I needed work."
"No you didn't. I love the way you dress."
The two made their way out of the bunker and Dean opened the door to the impala for Cas then started driving. There was a picnic basket in the back seat with food and that Chris had made before she left.
As they drove Cas held Dean's hand and they listened to classic rock on the radio.
Cas looked out at the scenery and was beginning to get confused.
"Dean where are we going?"
Dean smiled at Cas and just continued to drive. "It's a surprise."
They drove down the winding road and after a while finally made it to the barn where they had first met.
Dean got out first and went over to help Cas out and then got the basket and walked to the farm that had recently been remodeled.
Dean bought it from the the old man who originally owned it and he, Sam and Chris spent the last two weeks fixing it up. Cas gaped at the interior of the barn. The lights which once were blown up were replaced and lit up the barn with warm hues. There was a bench and sitting area on the wall next to a window that had been expanded.
Pots of blue and green flowers had been placed around the room along with branches of small trees to accent it. Fairy lights had been strung around them setting off a warm glow.
Cas stood in awe of the room, amazed by how much it's changed.
"Dean...? Why.. why did you do all of this?"
"Because. I love you. And this is where we first met.so that makes it the most special place of all."
"You stabbed me here."
"Whyd you have to bring that up?"
Cas just laughed and hugged dean. "Thank you."
Dean set out the food and the two of them sat down and ate dinner while talking.
As the night wore on Dean knew he had to propose soon and kept spinning the ring between his fingers.
"Cas." Dean said, his voice serious.
Cas turned to him with question in his eyes.
"Yes dean?"
Dean took a deep breath before taking Cas's hands in his.
"Cas... knowing you all these years has been... it's been a journey. And I'm not saying that like it's been bad! Knowing you has made me so much happier. I need you in my life now and forever. So Cas.... geez this is getting really sappy but what the hell. Castiel you gorgeous winged bast**d. Will you marry me?" Dean took out the gold ring and Cas had mixed emotions on his face. He was confused, shocked, thrilled, happy. He looked at Dean and immediately pulled him in for a kiss, that sealing the deal.
"Of course I'll marry you."
Dean laughed, his chest shaking with pure joy. He started to place kisses all over Cas's face, making the other man laugh.
"I'm so dam happy Cas... I love you so much."
"I love you too Dean."
-time skip-
Dean and Cas came back to the bunker the next morning and first thing they heard was Gabriel yelling at the tv. The two looked at each other questioning and walked down the hall to Sam and Gabriel's room. Inside Gabe and Chris were playing Mario Kart, and Gabe was losing.
Chris was sitting cross legged with the remote in her lap while Gabe was freaking out over the fact another shell hit him.
"WILL YOU STOP?!"
"You take my first place you get the blue shell."
Sam was asleep on the bed that the two were sitting on and ended up throwing a pillow at the back of Gabe's head.
"I got no sleep last night because of you two. Will you shut up?"
"No." Both Gabe and Chris said at the same time.
Sam groaned and pulled the covers over his head. Dean laughed as he watched the scene and entered the room followed by Cas.
"Oh hey. How'd it go?" Chris asked as she continued looking at the screen.
Cas smiled bashfully and showed off the golden band around his finger. Dean kissed the side of Cas's head.
Chris gave a small smile then grabbed the pillow Sam threw at Gabe and smacked it against his head.
"What?!"
"Your brother is engaged! Wake up!"
Sam sat up, running his hand through his bed head and yawned. "Congratulations you two!"
Gave leaned over to Chris and whispered, "black magic."
"100%."
Sam glared at the two but got up and gave his brother and future brother-in-law a hug.
Chris got up and gave a brief hug to both males, still not quite comfortable with it at the moment.
"That's really great for you two. Do you know when you want the wedding?"
"I think we're going to savor the moment of getting engaged for a bit." Dean laughed, still on a happiness high from last night.
Chris nodded and tossed the controller on the bed. As she left, Cas's face fell. Dean looked at him concerned.
"What's the matter baby?"
"I miss my daughter."
"I know... I miss her too."
-time skip-
It was a normal day for the Winchester's, Dean was sitting at the table drinking coffee and reading a newspaper. Cas was sitting next to him reading a book.
Chris hesitated walking in the kitchen for five minutes. Her hands shook slightly as she gripped the large book to her chest. Finally, after receiving a slight shove from Gabriel, Chris walked over to the two. Dean looked up, a little shocked to see his daughter standing there looking nervous.
"Chris, is everything okay?"
"Everything's fine..."
"Okay... what's up with the book?"
Chris struggled for a moment, but quickly threw the book towards them. A little... too hard. A loud noise rang through the kitchen causing all them to jump.
"Sorry." Chris was struggling to look at them. "L-look... I don't know how to be a daughter. I didn't before heaven and even more so now. I don't know how to function on a daily basis, let alone navigate peoples emotions and what I'm supposed to do or be. I know you look at me different, wanting me to be who I was. But I want to get better. I-I looked up some wedding ideas. Their all in the book. And that's all I wanted to say." Chris nodded her head and quickly made a beeline for the door, slightly wishing she still had her hair to hide behind.
Dean stared at the doorway as Cas picked up the book and began looking through it.
"She does have some good ideas."
Dean smiled and moved closer to Cas, putting his chin on Cas's shoulder and looking at the book.