In the Woods - Chapter 7

Trigger warnings: does an attack count as a trigger warning???? I'm just gonna put that here just in case.
A/n: Hey guys sorry about posting this super late. My end of the semester sucked. Badly. And the last couple weeks have been hell on earth for me. And y'all get Lams photos cuz lams makes me happy and I need happiness because the barista wouldn't write Alexander on my freakin cup and I'm mad so here's some lams to make up for her actions. But I hope you enjoy this chapter and I hope y'all have a great week!
- emo

No ones pov

The bunker was so quiet Chris thought she'd lose her mind. Sam, Dean And Cas were out on a hunt and said she wasn't allowed to go because she still didn't know how to properly use a gun. They also thought she couldn't handle herself in a fight.
Personally she thought it wasn't fair since she was fighting against Dean. No matter how hard she fought, she wasn't able to take him down. She still had a bruise on her side from when she was thrown to the ground.
So for the time being she thought she'd get used to using a semiautomatic pistol and a shotgun. Chris was in the basement of the bunker loading up the guns before positioning herself, and aiming. Loud shots rang out and the bullets pierced the paper in the head and chest. She smiled in her improvement and continued practicing for a while.
A couple hours later and a few hundred rounds of bullets later, Chris cleaned up her mini shooting range and went to go put away Dean's guns.
She carefully put away the guns in the case and closed it back up, before quickly leaving, making sure it didn't look like she was ever in there.
Chris hated being alone in the bunker. It brought back unwanted memories. Thoughts of when Bill would scream at her replayed in her mind. How pissed he would get. How he'd punch her in the face or kick her in her stomach. She'd have to hide her bruises with makeup or scars with more long sleeves and jackets. No one ever asked why she'd be wearing so many layers in 90 degree heat.
Jack knew what was happening and tried to get his parents to do something but no one ever did. He was beyond pissed when his parents did nothing.
Chris shook her head and tried to rid herself of these thoughts. Think of something positive. Teddy and Jack were coming over! Jacks mom was happy to find out Chris was living with her father and life was getting better for her.
To kill the time it'd take for Jack and Teddy to get to the bunker, Chris layered up, (put on her thick fabric coat, jeans, long sleeved shirt, hiking boots and a beanie), grabbed a walkie talkie and placed the other one on the floor next to the door, along with a wire attached to it. If someone opens the front door and comes in, Chris will know. She set up a couple more things around the bunker and then grabbed the large hunting knife Dean gave her, it had weird etchings and symbols on it, and placed it in the holster she had for it on her back. It was covered up by her jacket. She grabbed her emergency mobile and shoved it in her backpack before exiting the bunker.
Dead leaves and twigs crunches under her boots. She observed the birds that flew above and the wildlife that was around her. When she was a fair enough distance away from the bunker, she stopped when she saw a doe. The animal stood small and was eating some leaves off a nearby bush. It's coat, tan with two white spots on the right side of its face.
Chris's eyes widened as she looked at the majestic animal. She quickly and quietly moved behind a tree so she wouldn't frighten the young animal.
The doe's head shot up, looked in the direction of the bunker, to Chris's left, and then ran off.
"What the?" Chris looked towards the bunker, but the thick grove of trees hid it well. Uneasiness started to rise in her stomach and she began to walk a bit further into the woods.
The eerie quiet, stillness of the forest made Chris even more on edge. A screeching sound of a bird cause Chris to jump and reach for her knife. Her heart was pounding in her chest and her eyes were darting around her, watching for any sudden movements. Her steps were paced and light. Her hand remained on the handle of knife, and her other one on the strap of her backpack.
Chris kept going for a few miles until she reached a creak. The water was rushing at rapid speeds, crystal clear liquid crashing against the stones.
The calming sight made Chris smile. She relaxed a bit and let go of the knifes handle, letting her figure move around in the icy waters of the creak.
Chris felt at ease for the first time all week. That relaxed feeling deleted as soon as she saw the once clear water turn bright red then slowly fade into darker shades. Chris ripped her hand out of the water before the newfound color could reach her. Looking up towards where it was coming from, Chris's mouth fell open to the sight of a bloody corpse. The persons neck had been slashed open, blood seeping into the water and dirt around it.
Chris felt paralyzed as she stared at the dead girls body. There were wounds along her arms and chest. Her skin was a ghostly pale and her clothes were covered in dirt. Whatever had killed this girl, was not an animal.
The sun had begun to set a while ago and the night sky was almost visible. As fast as she could Chris reached into her bag and got out the large flashlight she had and took out her knife.
Taking a quick look around, Chris made sure she was alone, before starting back to the bunker. A few steps in and a twig already snapped. Chris stopped dead in her tracks. The sound came from behind her. Slowly she turned around to see nothing.
"What the heck?"
Chris doesn't get scared easily. Never has. But finding a dead body in the middle of the woods. New territory. New kinda fear.
Walking faster, Chris headed towards the bunker before stopping again. If something was tracking her, she didn't want to head back to where she lived. If Teddy and Jack were going to be there she didn't want them involved with whoever had killed that girl. Trying her best to appear lost, Chris turned her head in all directions, looking for where she was going.
She decided to head east of where the bunker was and probably just hide out in a tree for the night. She got about a mile out before her walkie talkie went off.
Her eyes wide until she heard Teddy's voice over the speaker.
"Hey Chris! Sorry we're late! Jack took forever to pack..."
"Heeyyyyy!" Jack whined. "You aren't supposed to rat me out!"
Chris turned down the volume on the radio and pressed the button so they'd hear her.
"Guys Shut up for a sec ok? I'm not gonna be in the house for a bit. I went for a walk and took a wrong turn so make sure you lock the door, and watch out for slender man."
The three friends made this their code word if any of them were either being watched or followed while in the woods. They didn't have to use this very often back when Chris lived in town but they always had it just in case.
The walkie talkie was dead silent like it had been all night and Chris prayed they heard her and did what they were told.
The trees overhead were shaking violently as the wind picked up. The sound was almost deafening to Chris. A certain breeze almost caused her to fall forward.
"Aww... little girlie lost?"
A voice spoke and it was colder then the nights air. Chris looked to her right and her eyes were met with blood red ones. About 15 feet away from her stood a man with blood soaking the grey suit he had on. His skin was pale a ghostly but what made Chris's skin crawl was the fact that no blood touched his skin other then around his mouth.
Her heartbeat sped up and her grip tightened around the knife. She was ready to dash at a moments notice.
"So pretty... so young... the blood in you gives you such a pretty color." He spoke.
This made her feel even more uncomfortable and sick.
"You killed that girl..." she spoke. She didn't know why. Who in their right mind would talk to a killer?! She was that idiot in a horror movie she'd always yell at.
"Oh little Alice? She was a nice girl. Whined a lot. You don't talk much though. You know your way around the woods too. A very good skill." He smiled psychotically and bore his red stained fangs.
"Mother trucker." Chris said before she broke into a sprint. She wasn't even sure where she was going, all she knew was away from this dude.
She heard him running after her and adrenaline pumped inside her and she sprinted faster.
Memories of when she'd run away from Bill flashed in her eyes. This scene was familiar but completely different.
"Not now!" She screamed and continued to run.
She was dodging and swerving to avoid hitting things, not daring to look behind her.
As she leaped over a bush she felt her arm start searing. A quick look and a loud yell, and she saw blood rolling down her arm, four new wounds open. She grabbed her arm with her hand and kept running.
The vampire was close and dug his claws in her shoulder, pulling her to the floor.
Chris screamed as her back collided with the ground.
Blood was flowing out of her shoulder and arm and the man who did this to her was standing above her.
"You're gonna be sorry you ran kid. I wouldve gone easy on you if you didn't." Just as he went to attack her again Chris kicked him in the face, making one of his teeth come out.
"Oh crap." She gulped and tried to move back to where her knife was but the vampire grabbed her foot and pulled her back. "Let me go you son of a-"
"Shut up!" He yelled and slashed her in the stomach.
She gasped in pain and the vampire took the opportunity to start feasting on the blood coming out of her shoulder.
Chris wanted to fight him off, but soon felt light headed. She felt disgusted as the man dug his fangs on her skin.
Reaching out her arm she tried to grab onto the knife. Her fingers barely grazed the handle.
Tears fell down her face as she screamed, praying that she'd just reach the knife.
Her finger hit the handle, inching it closer so she could grab it. Sweet relief flooded her as she finally gripped onto the metal weapon. Chris gathered up what strength she had and showed the knife in the vampires throat. She knew she'd have to behead this thing to kill it and that would be a struggle with a knife.
The vampire let go of her as she twisted the knife around his neck.
She used both hands to use the knife and cut through his neck, finally ridding his head from his shoulders.
The vampire head rolled to the side and his body fell on top of Chris. Blood was everywhere. She pushed the body off of her and slowly got up, feeling half dead.
Chris used a tree to help her get up but almost fell to the ground from all the blood she lost.
Black dots flooded in her vision and everything was blurry.
"N-no..."
She grabbed the tree trunk tightly, squeezing her eyes shut hoping this feeling would go away. Praying it'd go away.
The freezing night air suddenly felt hot and Chris felt like she was burning up. She peaked her eyes open just a bit, only to see bright blue light. She shut her eyes again and after a few moments the heat faded and she was once again feeling the chill of the night.
Chris opened her eyes her wounds had closed up, for the most part. They'd no doubt still scar, but they stopped bleeding.
Chris took in a deep breath and walked over to her backpack, pulling out her compass. After turning a bit she started headed north west. Her flashlight casted out enough light so she could see her path but nothing to her left or right.
After about an hour of walking the walkie went off and Deans frantic voice came through.
"CHRIS WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" He yelled.
"Jesus Dean stop yelling. I'm about.... four? Miles away. Maybe more. I'm not too sure. Today's been one hell of a day. Plus it's pitch black out here so it's hard to tell."
"What happened?! Jack and Ted were here when we got back and said you hadn't come back yet! Why the hell did you leave?!"
"You left me home alone Dean I'm honestly surprised your surprised I left." Chris wanted to post pone telling Dean about the attack as long as possible.
Chris could hear howling in the distance and she cursed under her breath. "Dean I'll be back in the morning. My night just keeps getting better and better."
"What? What does that mean Chris? Chris!"
"See ya later Dean!"
Chris turned off the walkie talkie and started to climb up a tree, getting up to a branch that was thick enough to hold her and high enough off the ground. She balanced on the branch as she used her coat to tie herself up there and soon the crash of adrenaline hit her and she was out like a light.
-time skip-
Chris got up with first light and for the final time for a while, headed back to the bunker.
When the large building came into view she sighed a breath of relief and nearly passed out on the road.
"You sure are a sight for sore eyes." She muttered to the building.
Chris pushed the bunker door open and as she neared the stairs, was tackled into a hug.
"OH MY GOD YOURE ALIVE." Jack cried. Teddy came running up to her and gave her a bone crushing hug. He was crying too, relieved to see his friend.
"What happened?! Are you okay?! Did you ever see who was following you?!" Teddy rushes out questions at her a mile a minute.
Chris smiled at her friend and thanked him for his concern. "Well, when I decided to go for a hike while waiting for you two I went up to the creak about two miles south of here. But when I got there I found... um... I found a body. Creepily fresh too."
"Oh my god..." Jake said as his eyes widened.
"After that I started to head back, when you guys came. So I didn't want whoever had killed the girl after you two so I started heading another direction. The guy caught up to me and then started chasing me and.... and... some stuff happened."
Finally stepping away, they got a good look at Chris's bloody state. Her clothes were torn and covered in the dried red substance.
"Oh my god Chris.." Teddy's eyes widened and he then ran off to get some medical supplies. As teddy ran by, Dean walked in and caught sight of Chris. His eyes widened and he ran over to her, pulling her in a bear hug.
"Can't... breath...."
"Shut up for a moment ok?! You scared the hell out of me alright? What were you thinking?!"
"Well I was thinking. Huh. I'm bored as sh** here alone. Might as well take a nature hike. Then soon it turned into Van Helsing. Dracula's revenge."
"What? You were attacked by a vampire?! You didn't get any of its blood in your mouth right?!"
"I'm not the vampire Dean, that dude was."
"Chris?! Chris!" Cas's voice yelled and he ran over and hugged Chris. She immediately hugged back. He did a quick look over at Chris and tried to heal her with his angel grace but it wasn't working. "I-I can't heal you..." he sounded so sad and sorrowful but Chris shook her head.
"It's fine Cas. These wouldn't be my first scars. And it wasn't your mess to clean up."
Chris retold the events of what happened for the three males once they came in and Teddy was busy helping her clean up the wounds she still had.
"So who was out there with you Chris?"
"It was Dracula on steroids. You know how vampires in movies only have two fangs?"
"Yeah?"
"This S O B had a whole mouth full. And I'm pretty sure of them hit my bone when the thing bit me."
"HE BIT YOU?!" Everyone yelled.
"Yeesh guys. Yes. He also dug his claws in my shoulder and stomach. But guess what? IM ALIVE."
"You could've died!" Sam yelled.
"But I didn't! And I'm pretty sure you guys nearly die a lot. So I have a question."
"What?"
"Can I come with you guys on hunts now?! I can shoot all the stupid guns you give me and obviously I can handle myself out there so please?"
Dean wanted to say no. Not because he thought she couldn't handle herself but because he wanted to keep her safe. Obviously even if he left her here that wouldn't do.
"Fine. But you will do as I say, and if you get even the smallest bit close to as much danger you put yourself in yesterday, you are leaving do I make myself clear?"
"Yeah yeah be safe whatever. BUT YOU SAID YES!" She screamed and pulled Dean into a hug.
He laughed a little a hugged back.
"Ok well I smell like sweat and dirt so I'm going to go shower." Chris said then jogged to her room to grab a pair of clothes and then went to the bathroom.
After stripping, she stepped into the hot shower. The water rinsed off all the dried blood and dirt that caked her skin.
She stared at the wall for five minutes, images of the dead bodies flashed in her eyes. The blood around her hand faded away as she clenched and released her fist. She killed someone. Even if it was a monster. It was still a life.
Her skin was burning bright red from the heat but her body was numb. Her mind was swamped with the horrors she saw and knew she'd never get away from.