Chapter 14

A/n: Chris attempts to goes on a date woo.

No ones POV:

Chris just stood in the road, kind of shocked. She'd just been asked out. That's never happened before. She stood there like a gaping fish, not really sure how to respond.
"I'm not sure... you're cute and all, but I did just meet you yesterday. I've watched enough true crime to know that's a dumb move."
Henry just looked at her then laughed a bit.
"Yeah I guess that's true. But what if I convince you?"
"My dads couldn't even get me to take cough syrup when I was sick, so good luck."
Henry stood there a moment deep in thought, then smiled brightly at her. Whenever he smiled Chris's stomach seemed to do flips.
"Where are you staying? Just so I know where to give you it."
Chris looked a little confused and a little concerned. "Oh god you are a killer aren't you?" Chris chuckled. She then pointed over to the motel down the road. "Room 305."
"Got it."
Chris was about to walk back when she stopped and looked at Henry. "Why are you doing this?"
"Doing what?"
"Going to lengths just to do things for me? You don't even know me."
"Why? That's a really odd question. Because you aren't like other girls. And I'm not sure why but I feel drawn to you." He smiled as he looked into her eyes. Chris couldn't help but squirm under his gaze, feeling self conscious. She had so many things she thought was wrong with her, mainly her scars. Both physical and emotional. "Guess god just wanted us to meet."
"Hmm I don't think chuck intervened this time."
"Did you just call god chuck?"
"Yep. I believe that's the name he would pick if he was on earth."
Instead of judging her Henry just let out a small chuckle and looked like he was contemplating it.
"I would've thought something more biblical but I guess he wouldn't want attention drawn to him."
The two continued talking for a few minutes before Chris noticed the familiar sound of the impalas engine. Chris groaned but Henry was just confused.
The impala rolled up right next to them and dean rolled down his window. Chris turned to look at her father, a little annoyed.
"Hey pops. Whatcha need?"
"We need to get going to the job." He said, kind of eying Henry, who offered a small wave.
"Fine. See ya Henry."
"Bye Chris. See you soon."
"Can I drive?" Chris asked as she walked over to the car.
"Yeah sure. Right when you take the throne of hell from Crowley, you can drive the impala."
Chris rolled her eyes and got into the back.
Henry waved to her as she looked at him through the window.
"I don't like him." Dean stated.
"Im pretty sure I could date Jesus himself and you'd still not like him."
"That is absolutely true. I don't like him. Did you see that stupid haircut? It's like he did it himself."
"Uh Dean? You cut your own hair."
-time skip-
It was night by the time the group of Winchester's got back to the motel. Turns out, walking through the woods isn't fun when other people are there.
"What the hell." Dean said as he parked.
"What?" Sam asked. Chris wasn't paying attention to them and just got out of the car. That's when she noticed a guy sitting on the bench, coat wrapped tightly around him and he was hugging a guitar.
"Uh.."
The noise of the car caused Henry to look up and Chris noticed the hopeful look on Henry's face which absolutely lit up when he saw Chris. He stood up and Chris took in his attire. He'd changed since she last saw him.