Phoenix Marines

The room she was trapped in was dark metal, with faint blue lights. I pressed some buttons on the control panel, and a pod floated up to the window. I opened the pod, and Maddie was inside. "There you are!" I exclaimed.

"Guards are coming!" Benton warned. Maddie jumped out of the pod.

"Thanks, Luke. You'd better get back to the other side of this horrid place. Highway 14 continues from there." Maddie said.

"That won't be so easy, considering all the guards are on our tails." I said.

"Just give me my gun and I'll cover you."

"It's in the pouch. Take it." I gave her the pouch.

"Alright. Let's go." Maddie took the pistol out an switched it on. We began running to the next side of the prison. "Looks like there are no guards around these areas. Maybe they didn't call backup." Maddie said.

"A possibility. Maybe we can still do stealth"

"Good idea. Let's go." We began sneaking around, jumping through the shadows, and a guard spotted us. "Oh, you have to be kidding me!" Maddie said.

"Well, let's get started." I took out my shotgun and blasted one of the guards' heads. The others began shooting at me, but my DES reflected most of the bullets. I hit one with my wrench, and then Maddie shot it, killing it, Mason and Varia were hitting one of the guards with lead pipes and pans, and Benton was limping away. "Benton! Here's a First Aid!" I tossed a First Aid kit to Benton, and he.

"Much better." Benton said, turning towards a group of guards and throwing a grenade. The rest of the guards retreated, and Maddie opened the door with her universal CPU key. The vehicles were already there. Some rebels were wiping sweat from their forehead. "We fixed up your cars, and added a couple stuff. We added a radar, mounted gun, and some ammo packs, if those are any comfort. Added another seat on the jalopy, too. And a radio on the Jeep." one of them said.

"Thanks, guys! I can't thank you enough." I said.

"No problem, Doc. I'll see you on the flip side."

"Alright, let's go." I got on the jalopy with Benton and Maddie. We began driving.

"So how did you know I was at Nova Origins?" Maddie asked.

"Dr. Sheckley told us via radio." I answered.

"How'd you contact Sheckley?"

"The old rebel outpost back at Highway 14."

"That place? I was there taking a rest when the CPU captured me."

"No more time to talk, let's get out of here as fast as possible."

"I heard some info on Jack. He's joined the Human Guard."

"That's impossible! He couldn't have!"

"He's killed 52 people rebelling, do you think they'll leave him as a Townguard?"

"Oh well, that just means we'll have to kill him sooner."

"Then let's go!" We all drove faster. The thunderlions were trying to jump onto the vehicle, but Benton shot them all off. "So many thunderlions!" Benton said.

"We got some on us too!" Mason yelled from the Jeep. Mason was shooting all of the thunderlions on his vehicle off while Varia drove. We finally left the coast and got to City 14, where Jack was stationed to defend. "This is where Jack is stationed. We have to kill—" I was cut off when the alarms went off. Snipers woke up from their posts, firing at us. We ran inside the city, and some members of the Human Guard. They all began firing at us, and one of them was laughing. "Foolish! I can't believe you actually thought you could just waltz into City 14 without getting completely eradicated!" All the other Human Guard were shooting, right at me. "Cover me, guys!" I said, and Benton came over, pulling out his shield he took from one of the Human Guard. "I got your back, Doc. Shoot to the left and alternate to the right to take out the others. Garner said we were to assassinate him, but they alerted to our location, and our only option is to blow him up."

"His shield isn't gonna be destroyed by your shooting. We'll have to get some extreme measures."

"That's what I'm saying, blow it up!"

"Perfect idea. Take out the other Human Guard, I'll try and phone some Phoenix Marines to our location."

"You still have their number?"

"Of course. Melissa's coming right now, with Hatchet."

"Are they willing to risk their elites?"

"We saved them on about 17 occasions, and we're doing them a favor by killing Jack, of course they'll risk them."

"Great idea." But before I could manage a call, Jack shot the radio and destroyed it.

"Not so fast." he said.

"Oh, you've asked for it." I said. All the other Human Guard were dead or retreated. "Let me handle this." I shot the gun out of his hand, then he grabbed out his pistol. I shot that out of his hand, too. Then he was backing up, trying to block with his stunstick. I pulled out my wrench, walking closer. "You killed my family... My friends... Do you think I'm sparing you?"

"P-Please... D-Don't kill me..." Jack pleaded. I held my wrench high, slamming down into him. He blocked with his stunstick, and it snapped in half. Jack got up, cracked his knuckles, and threw a punch at me. I blocked with my wrench, kicked his shins, and began slamming my wrench into his head. He was completely dead. "Look, guys... We did it..." I said

"It's not all over, though. Dr. Maxwell is still in the citadel. We'll have to send a Phoenix Marine group to assassinate him." Maddie said.

"Why not just call in a Phoenix Strike?"

"We don't want to tear down the citadel. We just want to kill Maxwell."

"You're right. Let's get Melissa and Hatchet to cover us on our way to the citadel. Benton's chopper is completely destroyed, so we might get a Phoenix Dropship. It'll fit all of us, Melissa, Hatchet, and 1 more person."

"Darci the medic?"

"Perfect. Let's call them in right now". I walked towards the Jeep, and turned the knobs on the radio. "Is this Phoenix Forces?" I asked through the radio.

"No, this is Hatchet." a voice replied. "Hey Doc! How's it going?"

"It's good, Hatch. We just need to call a dropship here. Bring Darci and Melissa."

"What's the issue, Doc?"

"Benton's chopper is down, and we need some marines to guard us. Op-For's got us in a pickle. We just took out Jack, and now we're heading for the citadel.

"Call in a Phoenix Strike?"

"No, that'd cause a fallout across the world. We just need you, Darci, and Melissa to bring us to the citadel and cover us."

"Well, we can cover you through the entire citadel. CPU's veterans are all there on guard, so we'll call in a dropship to bring you there. Darci and Melissa will be in it, and we'll all bring you there. Just stay there, the radio's telling me your location." We waited for a while until the dropship came.

The dropship arrived very loudly. It flew downwards and opened. Melissa and Darci were in it. We all jumped into the dropship, and flew away to the citadel.