Unforeseen Consequences

I woke up locked up in a pod on a train. I knew what this train was bringing me to. It was directly to the Nexus, a huge museum in the Wastelands that is the new base for the CPU. I know that once we destroy the Nexus, this will be the finale. However, if you go near the Nexus without permission, you are eradicated, dissolved, and blown up. Any unauthorized object is also dissolved by the suppression field. No missiles, no direct assaults, no possible way to destroy this place. The loud screeching of the train, and the cries of help and pain of the other two passengers.

"Doctor Luke! You have to get us out!" one of them yelled.

"I can't! I'm stuck here too!" I yelled back.

"We have to get out! They'll turn us into mindless slaves forever!" the second one yelled to me.

"I'll try to find a way, but don't count on me." I tried struggling, but it shocked me. "Ow!"

"Don't struggle. I learned that the hard way." the first one said.

"Alright, I have an idea. Once we get to the Nexus, they'll escort us to the place, right?" I said. I had an idea, but it's the most dangerous.

"Yeah..." the second one said, sounding a little scared.

"This'll be a little reckless, but we have to kill them and take their weapons." I said. I already knew this was our own death trap, but I'd still rather die with glory than as a mindless slave for those freakheads.

"Are you kidding me? There's over five thousand in just that Nexus! Do you have a bullet in your brain?" the second one said. 

"And how many have we killed so far, in total all together?" I asked.

"Seven hundred thousand, counting the Synthetics." he replied.

"And how many just Synthetics have we killed?" I asked again. You know, it might actually work.

"Fifty, all in total." he replied.

"Now you know why this will work." I said in a valiant and sure tone.

"Alright, fine. Have it your way." he answered, annoyed.

Be grateful we'll live, I thought to myself.

       When we finally reached the Nexus, the train screeched to a stop. We were taken out of our pods and escorted by two CPU soldiers.

"Finally, we caught this so-called Free One. You know, I'm really surprised. You killed the head administrator within the span of a month arriving here. Our general took over as head administrator now. You won't be killing him any time soon. We're taking you to him to witness your brain get crushed, flushed out of your head, replaced with a robotic brain, and synthetically mashed into bits and become a slave for us for eternity." He let out this evil chuckle, like he was imagining it happen now.

"I'll screw your brain up if you try to screw up mine" I threatened. I realized my threats were empty, as I was unarmed.

       When we reached the place, I saw the general in his white coat and fedora. 

"Hello. I think you know me well, Free One." he said. He talked in a cold accent, as if every word were ice.

"Oh, General Whittaker." I replied, just as cold. The CPU grabbed me and put me into a pod.

"Now, you're going to be put in our prison sector and put to rot. Once that starts, you will forcefully become one of our slaves. Painfully." He let out a chuckle. It was useless to try and talk him out of his insanity.

"Now, Doctor. I wanted to address you directly. How could you possibly lead this world this direction? It staggers the mind. A man of science, with the ability to sway reactionary and fearful minds toward the truth, choosing instead to embark on a path of ignorance and decay. Make no mistake, Doctor. This is not a scientific revolution you have sparked...this is death and finality. You have plunged humanity into freefall. Even if you offered your surrender now, I cannot guarantee that Our Benefactors would accept it. At the moment, I fear they have begun to look upon even me with suspicion. So much for serving as humanity's representative." he said. He always gave long speeches, he was probably used to it by now. I didn't reply.

"I thought so. Bring him to the prison center."