Chapter 09

Mark tries to pull away, but only to be pulled back towards Jinyoung's face once more. This was surely making Mark nervous for being this close to Jinyoung again. Was this man getting bolder each time they met? "Mark?" Jinyoung calls out to the older male with his grip still in place. This left Mark no choice but to stare right back at Jinyoung. "I'm only asking this because I respect you, but can I start showing affections towards you around our friends more?"

Mark opens his mouth agape to speak, but nothing came out. Was he saying he wants to show their friends their close skinship? Dear god, he could already imagine Jackson's suspicious gaze on him again if Jinyoung decides to do that.

"No," Mark says all too quickly, " Jinyoung."Jackson's already asking me constantly if we are dating. This will only persist him to think that we are together because we're not." Letting go of his grip on Mark's neck Jinyoung goes to sit up while crossing his legs.

"Fine, but don't get jealous when I start getting affectionate with our friends." Jinyoung teases as Mark goes to grab the plastic bag filled with snacks. Rummaging through the bag he goes to grab a bag of chips before ripping it open.

"Why would I be jealous? There's nothing to be jealous about we aren't anything." Plopping a chip into his mouth he goes to chew it. There was no way in hell he would get jealous.

"Why are you looking like you want to murder someone Mark hyung?" Yugyeom asks drawing Mark out of his trance. It was Thursday night and as usual, they were hanging out at the cafe as Day6 goes to perform for the night. The band was currently taking a break as background music was playing through the stereo speakers placed around the room.

"What are you talking about?" Mark denies while returning to staring at Jinyoung who was currently talking to Wonpil. But he was being awfully clingy to Wonpil today.

"Yes, you are you look like this." Bambam cuts in making a face that was supposed to mirror Mark's own. Ignoring both of the younger males he takes a sip of his drink to hopefully calm his nerves. He was not jealous of Jinyoung clinging onto Wonpil. Was he trying to make Mark jealous because of what he said? That he didn't want them to show skinship or that he wouldn't get jealous?

"I'm gonna go get another drink." He gets up to walk towards the counter where Sunmi was currently serving the guests.

"Hey Mark," Sunmi greets him as he goes to sit on an empty barstool "what can I get you?" Lifting his empty beer bottle Sunmi nods her head in understanding. Turning around to open the small mini fridge she grabs another beer bottle before opening the cap for him. Paying for his beer Mark continues to sit and sip his drink while watching Sunmi greet another customer that came by. It was like Mark wasn't even aware that he was staring at Jinyoung from a distance again until Sunmi spoke near Mark's ear. "So who are you giving daggers at? Jinyoung? Wonpil?" She asks while taking a sip of her water. Turning around to look at Sunmi he gave a small smile trying to think of ways to deny what he was doing.

"I wasn't giving daggers at either of them." He lied as Sunmi cocks her head to the side before shifting her gaze behind Mark to look at Jinyoung and Wonpil.

"Right," taking another sip of her water she motions her head to the two male again. "Honestly Jinyoung isn't normally this clingy towards Wonpil. Do you think something is going on between those two?" Mark found himself clenching the beer bottle tighter as Sunmi quirks her eyebrow up while a playful smile appears on her face. "I'm kidding Mark, everybody knows Jinyoung is smitten with somebody else."

"Everybody?" Mark echoes the word while Sunmi goes to wipe the counter with a wash cloth.

"Well, just Youngjae, Wonpil, and I." She answers as Mark goes to sneak a peek at Jinyoung who was whispering something into Wonpil's ear making him laugh.