stranger - chaelisa

a/n: i've been writing a lot of chaelisa i'm so sorry  (not really)

-----

"christmas!!!" lisa runs around the house, only in her underwear and her cute little baby bra her mom forced her to wear.

chuckling from the bottom of the staircase could be heard when lisa stops in her tracks, raising her eyebrow.

"who was that?" the girl taunts, slowly stepping down a step.

the chuckling stops and little footsteps start sprinting to the nearest box tucked neatly behind a wall.

lisa follows the sound and there she stands in front of a cardboard box, with a red and black cloth caught in the outside flaps.

lisa tugs the cloth and there comes out a small girl, with her eyes closed, a red and black flannel wrapped around her like a dress.

"who-who are you?"

the girl slowly flutter her eyes open and is met with a cute black haired princess, with full bangs across her forehead.

"nevermind. you're a stranger. my mom told me not to talk to strangers." lisa says, deciding to walk away from the latter.

the little girl grabs hold of lisa's underwear from behind and pulls her in, "wait!"

lisa gets dragged and soon enough she was back where she left at.

"i'm not a stranger."

"yes you are. this is my house." lisa crosses her arms and pushes the girl's hand away from her undergarment. she was pretty pissed rather than embarrassed about the fact her underwear was now slightly ripped.

7 year old chaeng gives lisa her signature sassy look. "it's cwismas", the girl says messing up her consonants which just made lisa feel all weird in her tummy. "your mom invited my mom because theyre fwends."

"and i wanna be your fwend too."

lisa can't help but smile and stare at the little australian beauty in front of her, "oh okay. i'm lisa." she introduces herself reaching out her hand. rosie just gives her hand a short glare but eventually shakes their hands together.

the two toddlers just stand there, lisa with a faint pink tint on her cheeks and rosé seeking out her cheeky smile. "you never told me your name." lisa interrupts the silence, as she walks away from the girl, proceeding to go up the stairs.

"i'm rosé." she answers, making sure the accent of her e was pronounced correctly.

lisa turns around again, and lifts her eyebrow. well, tries to lift one eyebrow. but she just ended up lifting both. "rosé? like roh-say?"

rosie nods, "you can call me chaeng. it's my korean name."

"i like rosé better. it's cute. like you." the thai whispers the last two words and giggles as she leaves the room, out of sight from hew new friend.

-----

[15 years later]

"guess what day it is!!!" lisa enters the room, with her usual christmas morning fashion. in a bra and her underwear. a familiar laugh she absolutely loves erupts from under the bed sheets.

"shut up! it's like 6 in the morning!"

lisa chuckles, and scooches herself underneath the said bed sheets. when she feels familiar skin and a highly addicting scent of vanilla, she smiles. "hey."

"hi." the voice answers shyly, covering her face with her own hands.

"merry christmas." lisa muttered through a smile, "who wouldve thought?" she asks herself, not realizing she said the question out loud as she looks up at the ceiling.

chaeng looks at her, her heart beating rapidly. this girl in front of her meant the world to her.

"what?" she asks, making the girl smile.

"that 15 years ago, you were just that cute small girl, wearing an oversized flannel who caught me running around the house in my underwear." lisa sighs happily and continued.

"and you even gripped onto me and ripped practically half of what i was wearing. rude for a first time meeting someone."

rosé gives lisa a smack on the arm, "i just didn't want you to leave."

"see? even the first time you met me you already wanted my clothes off."

"you're so full of shit."

the two girls lay together and just admire how each other breathes in silence. they were in the house they met afterall. lisa's house. that's where they celebrate the holidays every year. chaeng doesn't even need to ask permission anymore. they're practically blood related already.

"you were so cute when you told me your name." lisa says, looking back to her left, staring at the side profile of her bestfriend.

rosie blushes, "i was a bit demanding weren't i?"

"well, yeah. you really made me want to know how your name was pronounced."

"it annoys me when people don't say it correctly. there's an accent for a reason!"

the next few minutes were spent changing into christmas-y clothing. like knitted sweaters glowing with green and red colors and some bonnets that were comfy and warm. the two were both downstairs and were greeted by lisa's mom.

"good morning, goofballs. merry christmas!"

lisa gives her mom a kiss on the cheek and rosé does as well. "we'll wait for the others to come before we eat. your mom will come later this afternoon, rosie. but you know, you already know what to do. haha!"

rosie just gives lisa's mom a cheeky smile and proceeds to tug lisa to the living room. the christmas tree was up with the decors they put up together. gifts were all under the tree and the fireplace was hot and.. well, on fire.

they sit down on the couch and cuddle close to each other.

"lisa?"

"yes?" the girl answers almost immediately, making chae laugh.

"thanks for making me your fwend."

rosie says in full on aegyo and tried so much just to make sure the phrase was said like how she said it 15 years ago.

lisa smiles widely and lets herself be enveloped by chaeng's embrace.

"you're not my friend." she added, making the australian release a funny scoff.

they stare at each other and she leans in for a quick peck. "you're a stranger."

chaeng rolls her eyes. yes she was. the stranger who just wanted to be friends with the cute girl running around in her underwear.

"and my mom told me not to talk to strangers."