she loves me, she loves me not - chaelisa

i read something on twitter and now it's this. you're very welcome. fluff fluff fluff!!

--

"lisa loves me," rosie plucks a petal from the flower she's holding, a smile spreads across her face, "she loves me not."

"she loves me," another petal, "she loves me not."

she's been doing this for the past fifteen minutes. fairly because someone gave her dozens of flowers and it just so happened that her inner child came to play as she just wanted to pluck the petals to know if her crush loved her back. lisa was somewhere outside. she didn't specify where, she just told rosie she has to pick up some stuff and that she'll be back in half an hour. it was unusal because usually the thai just lounges around in the living room or in the kitchen trying to figure out how to work the toaster. the unnies were on a date for the day, so it was really just the two maknaes.

"she loves me," rosie plucks another lone petal. she watches it fall to the ground, softly swaying with the breeze of her open window. "she loves me not."

by the time she gets to the last few petals, she pauses, "why am i doing this?" she asks herself. oh, maybe because she just wanted to know if her girlfriend of seven years, loved her back.

"silly," she shakes her head and plucks a petal, "lisa will always love me..." another one, "no matter what happens, loves me," and another, "and i'll also love her back, forever. loves me not."

rosie keeps doing this until she's left with the last two, "i can imagine it already. lisa and i will get married, adopt a kid together, grow old together, everything that i've always dreamed about. she's perfect," she plucks another petal not realizing what the next one meant, "and with this, it just proves our love for each other because...!"

she raises the flower into the air and removes the last one, only to say the words she didn't want to hear, "...she loves me not."

rosie's smile fades away as a frown soon lands on her pretty face. she pouts like a kid who just got their candy stolen by the adults, "w-what?" she stutters, tears starting to from around her eyes. she drops the flower's stem onto the floor and stares at it, "b-but no..."

just then, the door to her bedroom opens. rosie looks up, her eyes now all puffy and red, her nose a hint of pink. "chaeyoung-ah! i got you some fl– are you crying?" lisa sets the bouquet she newly bought down on chaeng's bed. the australian just stares at her still sniffling. lisa crouches down in front of her, putting her hands on the girl's shoulders, "what's wrong, poopsie?"

"i-i..." rosie tries to explain but gets choked up and shakes her head, burrying herself into lisa's chest. lisa gets surprised but gladly lets her girlfriend stay there and sob. it wasn't an unusual thing. believe it or not, rosie crying into lisa's chest has happened alot of times now, whether it be crying over training or a performance or just plain old crying over Titanic or the fact there's no more food left. lisa's been through it all.

"hey, come on..." lisa pushes rosie away from her chest and holds her cheeks in between her palms, "tell me what happened or i'll tickle you."

rosie shakes her head with a whine and a glare. she hated tickles. and lisa should already know that referring to that time the older girl pushed her so hard that lisa hit her head on a bookshelf. "okay, no tickles. but please tell me, chaeng-ah."

she wipes the tears off her face and takes a deep breath. lisa stares at her intently only to be asked a question which makes her eyebrows raise high, "do you love me, poopy?"

"of course i do!" lisa strokes rosie's cheek, cupping it in her hand as the girl nuzzles into it for a few seconds. enjoying the contact, closing her eyes. "why would you ask something like that?"

"i-it's because..." the blonde points to the abandoned stem on the floor which she apparently threw a few feet away from where she was seated. lisa eyes at the plant carefully, not really knowing what it was in first glance. by the time she did recognize what it was, rosie kept her head down, looking on the floor and playing with her fingers.

"you played it again?" lisa asks her in disbelief. the girl just nods slowly with a sigh.

"chaeng i told you not to play that game anymore! it's painful and it makes you sad. i don't like seeing you sad."

"y-yeah, but... i had this whole concept and that we'd get married and that we'll have kids together and we'll be old and old that lovey dovey things we see in the movies. it made me feel all excited," lisa smiles at her girl's statement. rosie wants to marry her? kids? they haven't even talked about that during their whole relationship. but yes, she'd want one too. rosie's imagined lisa to be in her future, to be there with her even until the end. that just made her heart melt and it broke lisa's heart that flower petals might've just ruined that concept for her sweet girlfriend.

the thai looks back onto the bed and generates an idea. she grins back at rosie and grabs the bouquet of roses and sunflowers, the two flowers that represent them as a person and them as a couple. they were bright, outgoing, loveable, and blessed like a sunflower, but they could be painful, prickly, yet be considered vixen in many different ways. like a rose.

"here," lisa passes the bouquet to her, making rosie stare at it in confusion.

"pluck the petals," she tells the girl, "come on."

rosie grabs one sunflower and traces her finger tips on each petal, it seemed too perfect. it'd be a sin to touch such a gift given by nature. "w-why?" she mumbled.

lisa puts the other flowers down and leans into chaeyoung. she sits beside her now, grabbing the sunflower out of her hands. "sometimes, during she loves me/not, you end up picking the wrong flower. that flower lets you believe that you are not worthy of love or that the person will never be able to love you back. which sucks. but what you didn't know is that... maybe that flower just had one missing petal? or maybe one extra? which led you to be sad about the outcome,"

chaeyoung stares at lisa, eyeing her every move. a small smile is on either side of her lips, "in other times, all you need is the right flower. the flower that has the right amount of petals, just for someone as perfect and as beautiful as... you." lisa boops the blonde girl's nose earning a soft scrunch.

they stay in silence for a few seconds, "you want to give it another try?"

rosie takes the flower out of the thai's hand, answering slowly, "is it gonna be the right flower?"

lisa chuckles a heaven-worthy chuckle as she wraps her girlfriend in a tight, warm hug. she could never stop loving this girl. it just seemed impossible. how could someone be that innocent, cute and hot all at the same time? she leans down and also plants a chaste kiss on her lover's plump lips, making her smile widely. it'll be hard if the time came that lsa would let go of this precious baby. but she doubts that time would ever come. atleast she wishes it won't. because all she wishes is to have a family with this girl. to be married and have kids and to grow old together. that'd be the best way to end their love story. or the best way to start it? who knows?

"i guess we just have to find out."