여섯.

I took a seat beside him on the couch, stealing a glance at the television. apparently, junghyun hyung was watching some sort of music show or something? he was cheering with his heart out, sparks could be seen in his eyes. putting my phone down, my hand crept up and grabbed some popcorn in his hands. he eyed at me, but then glued his eyes back on the television.

"so, i heard you're hooking up with that dahyun girl, huh? lucky guy," he teased, which made me choked on the popcorn. i narrowed my eyes at him, shocked and confused at the same time. a corner of his lips went up, without even looking at me. shrugging, he continues, "well, myungsoo told me that you sent her sister home last wednesday. my my, what a gentleman you are!"

he elbowed me, making my face flushed. i mentally facepalmed myself, how could i forget the fact that dahyun's brother and he are friends? damn jungkook, you're getting old already. clearing my throat, i rubbed the back of my neck, trying to find a reason so he'll not tease me anymore. but, oh well, even i knew there'll never be a suitable reason for that.

"well, it's just, you know. it was getting dark, so i decided to send her home that day. nothing more, hyung."

he snickered at my statement, pressing the pause button towards the television. his bowl full of popcorn was now empty as he stood up from the couch. before walking to the kitchen, he gave me one last look of his. that smug look that i know what it means.

"keep on lying, kook," he said from the kitchen, there was a clear hint of cockiness in his words. sighing, i massaged my temples and shut my eyes tight. damn, hyung can be cocky sometimes. "and she'll never be yours!"

for pete's sake, she's just another ordinary friend of mine!

•••

and without i realized, it was already two in the morning. and here i am, chilling down on my bed, doing nothing else but stalking people on instagram. you know, things people do when they don't know how to use their time properly. and people, i mean dahyun. yeah, that deskmate of mine. i just noticed that i didn't follow her, so i sent a request and she accepted it within a millisecond, i think? weird.

most of her posts were scenery, and once in an occasion, she'll post a picture of her side profile with again, alluring scenery behind her. she rarely posts her selfies too, so it's kinda hard to find her pictures. but her latest post caught me on, somehow.

@dahyunism- : mom asked us to spend some quality time together, so we did, i guess?  「(゚ペ)

her hair, it's black! i mean, it's not orange! i'm pretty sure i'm not colourblind, so did she-- wait, but she just dyed her hair orange few weeks ago, right? then why dyed it black again? not to mention that this was her latest post after three months? well, now i know i know she's not that type that posts every single minute. well, great to know that, i guess.

wait, why did i care so much at the first place?

ugh, this must be the 'dahyun' effect again. to be honest, my thoughts lately were disturbed because of her. kim dahyun. like, you know, that time you can't sleep and keep thinking about your crush or something? but the real problem is she's not my crush! i don't have a crush on anyone nowadays, do i?

i put my phone down beside my pillow, loudly groaning as i gazed at the ceiling blankly. even the ceiling reminds me of dahyun, damnit! the colour of the ceiling reminds me of her pale yet pure, innocent face. did i just compliment her again? i bet i did. i sighed, hands brought up to my chest. it's beating like crazy, and it hurts me without i knowing.

i think it all started last wednesday evening, the day that i sent her home. it wasn't a big deal, i know. but hey, imagine this, a pretty girl who happens to be your deskmate, was hugging you as you were concentrating to the road. just imagine all those terrible accidents that could happen!

and since that day, whenever i meet her, whenever i talk with her, there'll always be butterflies licking my stomach in a teasing manner. i've searched on the internet to know if i have any health problems that i don't know about. but you know what google said?

fucking google said i'm in love.

•••

sorry for the short update, i guess? (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞