아홉.

"you may stop writing now."

loud sighs could be heard all over the classroom as the students put down their pens. lifting my gaze up, i saw how the students were smiling out of joy as they waited for their papers to be taken. some of them were already talking to each other, ignoring the teacher's deathly glare. i, too, was now beaming from ear to ear, hands crossed together on the table.

scanning the whole room again, i now noticed a pair of eyes that were staring at me, with sparks in her eyes. her grin was obvious, even though we're a few tables apart from each other. she waved her hand at me, showing her white teeth at the same time. chuckles escaped from my mouth without i realized. dahyun is indeed a pure soul, just like the rumours said.

"how was it?" i mouthed, not pretty sure that she understood that or not. i'll assume that she did, because she gave back both of her hands, shaping them into thumbs up. i could hardly know what she said back since i couldn't read lips movement as good as her. i squinted my eyes, trying to catch what she was saying.

".. i can answer them all because of you!"

i felt attacked. again.

•••

yugyeom put down the tray as he sat down. without waiting for any seconds anymore, i quickly grabbed the burger from the tray, unwrapping it in a hurried motion. my tummy was already grumbling out of hungriness, those maths questions were really getting on my nerves. not to mention that the diagrams were hard to read. ugh, maths.

taking a bite from the burger, my gaze went up to yugyeom, who was grinning widely at me. i furrowed my brows, wondering why he's giving me that weird look of his. swallowing the food, i asks him, "what? why are you smiling like that at me?"

"when are you going to stop lying at yourself?"

my forehead crinkled as i put down my burger on the table. i gave him the judging stare of mine, which he replies by smiling even wider and bigger. he scoffed at my reaction. "you shouldn't hide it from me, you jerk. i'm your best friend, of course i know you!"

"what are you—" my words were interrupted by his chuckles. alright, that's it. look, i know that finals just finished about a few hours ago, but i didn't expect him to talk nonsense now. "kim dahyun. i saw you two giving each other signals to each other in the class. you two were acting like you were trapped in your own world, you know?"

my eyes went round, and i could felt my face burning as soon as those words came out. watching my face reddening somehow made yugyeom chuckled again. he's having fun teasing me, i know that. after five years knowing each other, we literally know everything about each other.

"but we don't—"

"liar. even the teacher saw what's going on between you two, dumbass."

•••

yugyeom's words kept playing in my head like a broken tape, and it was really annoying the shit out of me now. that kid now acts like a real pro when it comes to a relationship, just because his crush accepted him. it's quite funny to think that such a charismatic person like kim yugyeom could mess up during his confession. he ended up blushing real mad during the whole confession.

thinking about that moment curbed a slight smile on my lips. what a lucky guy. i threw myself on the bed, gazing at the blank ceiling. the blank ceiling that kept reminding about her. what is she doing now? is she sleeping already? but it's too early, right?

ugh, i'm thinking about her again.

my thought was disturbed when i heard a notification sound from my phone. groaning, i lazily grabbed it on the table. who the heck will message me in the middle of the night? for goodness' sake, please don't disturb me on this lovely night.

[ @dahyunism- sent you a message. ]

just by reading that line already made me skipped a beat. i gulped, couldn't help but to think about hundreds of reasons why she messaged me, in the middle of the night like this. with a shaky hand, i opened the chat.

[ c h a t . ]

dahyunism- :
yo
dahyunism- :
are you still awake?

my throat went dry. without hesitation, i typed back at her. am i acting too desperate? no, right? god, i really hope not.

hellajungshook :
yup
hellajungshook :
what do u want?

dahyunism- :
i'm bored
dahyunism- :
wanna chat?
dahyunism- :
pretty please??? :3

and that's how the night went on for both of us. talking about crappy stuff, with crappy jokes, and of course, shitty grammar. i knew i'll have huge eyebags under my eyes tomorrow morning, but that's alright. because at least i can spend my night with dahyun.

•••

ahhhh, i really despised myself for writing this cliche. damnit, i felt ashamed for myself.(//・_・//) my writer's block is getting even bigger and bigger for each chapter, istg. ಠ_ಠ

p/s; on a side note, your comments never failed to make me smile! i'm really thankful that you would like this simple story, for real. thanks for the comments again~~ ´・ᴗ・'