열 넷.

"the teacher is coming!"

the whole class rushed to their own seats in a few seconds, including me. and jungkook. and let me tell you, it was awkward. like, very awkward. we don't even dare to make any noise or even bat an eyelid at all. i gulped, knowing that i'll get uncomfortable for the upcoming few hours in the class. all because of jeon jungkook.

after greeting the teacher, she began to blabber about how dissapointing our results were. but i know i couldn't stay focus at all. jeon jungkook was literally beside me, with a cold expression displayed on his face. that really gave me the chills for a second. it didn't last long when he finally noticed that i kept on stealing glances of him.

he let out a sigh, a tired one. jungkook shifted his seat, now putting a pencil box in the middle of our desks. and it hurts me that he'll actually do something like this. i shutted my eyes, trying to hold back my tears. i can't cry in the middle of the class, of course the teacher will ask me about my problem. and i really don't want that to happen. i took a deep, deep breath, before releasing it.

i really need to talk with him, no matter what. my heart was hurting, every single day without him. i, kim dahyun, will solve this problem today. and there's nothing that'll stop me anymore.

•••

i dragged jungkook all the way to the empty staircase. no yugyeom, no taehyung. because i wanted to solve this nicely, properly. i don't want to keep on this shitty argument anymore, because it hurts me a lot. and our classmates kept on giving both of us weird stares, and it's making me felt uncomfortable.

as soon as the door closed, he snatched his hand away from my grip. his eyes were glaring at me in displeasure, suffocating me with his own gaze. "what was that for?" he raised his voice, giving me goosebumps for a second. it's been a long time since i've heard that tone of voice from jungkook. he rubbed the place where i held him, probably because it hurts.

a sigh escaped from my lips. looking up at him, my brows knitted on their own. i couldn't help but think about how much i hate his kind of jungkook. the jungkook that i've known for months wasn't cold or grumpy. well, he sometimes is, but not like this. he's way kinder than this.

"what's wrong with you, jungkook? why are you acting like this? have i done any—"

i heard him scoffing, eyes now staring on the blank ceiling. he inserted both his hands in his pockets, there clearly was a smirk on his lips. "the real question here is, what's wrong with you, dahyun?" he asked, eyes locking with me. that kind of gaze that made me even weaker and weaker. goddamnit, jeon jungkook. when will you even realize that every single time you look at me, you give me a heart attack? i fucking hate him for that reason.

"excuse me? mister jeon, i've known you for months now. maybe it's not that long, but i know you're not like this! this is not you, jungkook."

my voice was wobbly, trying hard not to let out any tear. god knows how much i don't want to cry right now because if i do, i can't stop myself. i bit my lower lip, hands balled into fists. i couldn't stand looking at the smug look on his face. it was pushing me to my limits, in all honesty.

"dahyun, just stop already. please," he begged, no longer glaring me. jungkook was now exhausted, guessing from the emotion portrayed in his eyes. there was an intense silence between us, no one dared to say a single word. until suddenly, he turned his body, his back now facing me. "sorry, but maybe this is really the end for us. i'm— not in the mood for this shit anymore."

he made his steps away, leaving me behind. alone, dumbfounded. am i— i'm crying, right? fuck, not again. this gonna be hard to control, i swear. my pupils glued on his feet, that was walking away from me. is this it? after all these months, and suddenly our relationship is over, just because of a small argument?

i balled my hands even tight, they must've turned red at this state. but i couldn't play it cool anymore. but i couldn't control myself anymore. and thus, i let everything out. today, i let jungkook know everything about my feelings. there was no one holding me down anymore. not even taehyung.

"i shouldn't have like you at the first place," i muttered, but because of the silent atmosphere, i'm sure he could hear that. loud and clear. my words somewhat made him stopped. with brows drew together, he was facing me back right now. tears ran down my cheeks as i saw jungkook approaching me. he held both his backpack's strips, questioning, "excuse me? did i hear it right?"

i gazed at him, anger filled in my eyes. i nibbled on my lower lip hard, trying to prevent myself from crying even more. but it failed, obviously. my eyes were flooded with tears, and i realized that i couldn't do anything about them. inhaling deeply, i squeezed my eyes shut. please don't cry, please don't cry, for fuck's sake! this is embarrassing enough for me, dear god.

"i think you already heard it. i like you, jungkook. and i hate this feeling, you know? because it's driving me crazy, for each second that passed by!" i exclaimed, like there's literally no tomorrow anymore. frustrated enough, my hands gripped the raven hair of mine and pulled them. and jungkook was there, standing in silent with mouth hanging open.

"but you— but i thought— but why?"

my hands went down again, pupils shifting to the ground as a scoff escaped from my mouth. oh, so now he suddenly cares about me? magic. hands folding together, my gaze returned to him. "because the jeon jungkook that i like is sweet, charming and the real definition of perfect. he takes care of me really well and will always be there for me. because he's jeon jungkook, that's why."

there's a confused look on his face. scratching the back of his neck, he asks again, "but i thought you and taehyung is a thing? i mean, he's your boyfriend, right?" a corner of my lips lifted on his own when i heard his question. huh, silly guy. i shook my head to the left and right, answering him calmly, "taehyung is my friend, who's apparently a boy. that's all, jungkook. you should've known, that after all these months knowing each other, the only boy that i'll accept as my boyfriend is you, jungkook."

inserting my hands in the blazer's pockets, i walked towards him. until our shoulders bumped together. i stopped my tracks, glancing over my shoulder for a split second, and only ten words came out from my mouth.

"but i guess you've ruined that, so thank you, jungkook."

•••

the finale is today, yall!