Chapter 1 - Google Appointment

I was sitting under the big oak tree near my creative writing classroom. It was my regular spot, the shade was nice, it was windy, it was quiet, and it was not far from the coffee shop or the cafeterias.

I saw the people passing by and I was even shaking my head and laughing to myself when I was eavesdropping into other people's conversations. People in this university sometimes where so shallow. I had to work my ass off getting an scholarship and some of them just got in so easily. That people never really had to made an effort to get what they wanted.

That's why it amused me so much sometimes to hear what they said to each other. Talking about clothing brands or expensive vacations. All I was doing here was passing all of my classes and trying to find some friends that weren't incredibly annoying.

I had accomplished that, sort of. It's been 2 years and I've been able to find a few people that were not void and stupid. But it wasn't always like that, there was a time where I would let all this people starstruck me, to invite me to clubs and buy me things, and I would even lie to myself and act differently just to fit in with them.

Those days where I would get drunk out of my mind and almost lose my scholarship were over. Some of those friends remained, but they weren't as much.

I took my phone out of my pocket and frowned when I saw a new message from an unknown number. The content in it was specially weird.

Unknown:
Noah Centineo?

I thought for awhile before actually responding. I didn't want to sound rude but I couldn't just give out information.

Me:

'who's asking?'

I reply sharply trying to get a hint of what this might be about.

Unknown:
Olivia Forbes, I want to buy the book you were announcing on the library's board.

I chuckled in relief and realization of how mean I must've sound. I had posted an announcement to sell a book, it had been a couple of weeks and still no one had tried to buy it, this people here don't buy used books apparently. This girl did nonetheless.

Me:
'Okay, this is Noah, umm do you think you can come to the big oak tree near the C3 building? I'll be here untill 5pm.'

Unknown:
what's your email?

I frowned at her odd question, but shrugged it off giving it to her.

Me:

'Centineo.Noah@gmail.com, why?'

Unknown:
to make an appointment.

I frowned reading her text and then got a notification on my phone, it was a new email. From Olivia, I chuckled when I saw it was a calendar appointment.

**

Creative Writing 101, book pick-up .
August 23rd, 2018.
4:00pm - 4:30pm
Building C3.

Accept | Decline.

**

I chuckled shaking my head but accepting the appointment either way. Maybe it was a very forgetful girl that needed to make appointments for everything or else she'd forget. Maybe I needed something like that because I tend to forget everything.

-----

I stretched on my bed as I took my phone in my hands to check the time. Wow my nap was almost 2 hours long. That's what happens when you have to stay up studying all night.