Chapter 1.

Amber -

At 6:00 am my alarm went off like it did every Monday morning. I had two classes today, an 8:00 and a 10:00 class, after that I had to go volunteer at the school where I was guidance counselor.

After stretching, I got out of bed made it up quickly, and went across the hallway to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and showered. Once I was done getting dressed I went into the kitchen thinking I was going to make me some food until I seen a sink full of dirty dishes.

I went into the living room seeing my annoying roommate and bestfriend Odell sleeping on the couch with the tv blasting some music video. After seeing ass and money being plastered across the tv I grabbed remote and turned it off.

"Odell!" I yelled. He didn't budge.

"Odell!" I yelled this time a little louder and he jumped up quickly.

"Put me in the game couch I'm ready!" He yelled. He looked around and looked at me sighing. He looked at the clock and rolled his eyes getting back on the couch.

"Come on Amb it's six in the morning what you want now?" He asked me.

"Odell how many times have we talked about you doing your share of keeping this place clean, we're both grown Odell you aren't a child I can't keep cleaning up after you," I said angrily as I stormed into the kitchen. I reached up for a plastic cup but couldn't reach it.

"I do, do my share of keeping this place clean, I clean up," Odell said as he came behind me and gave it to me.

"Odell you haven't cleaned up since we first moved in here, I do all the cleaning even down to your laundry," I said as I opened the fridge I reached for the Minute Maid juice I shook it and it was only enough for one cup. I bought this juice and I didn't even get any. I thought to myself. I was tired of Odell and his shit.

"Come on Amb you been doing my laundry ever since high school, when I left my clothes over your crib and you would wash them, I had your momma thinking we was fucking," he said smirking.

I rolled my eyes and threw the empty container in the over flowing trash can. "Odell all I ask is that you keep this place clean, and take out the trash,"

"Amber you acting like I don't help out or don't do shit at all I mean I do pay the rent,"

"Here you go again you know what I hope one of these jobs that I applied for hires me so I can give you the stupid money,"

"Come on Amb, It's not even about the money I told you that, I ain't never pressed you about money I pay the bills and the rent, all I'm saying is be more considerate of my feelings, I work, go to class, and practice, I am always tired, barely have time to sleep sometimes, and all you do is complain man,"

"Well I won't say anything else, if I have some mail put it on my bed," I said angrily. He shook his head and sighed.

"Iight I got it," he said. I sighed grabbing my coat and my book bag.

"See you,"

"See ya," he replied back. I pulled out my car keys and got in my car driving off.

*****

Odell -

Sighing I went back to sleep as soon as Amber left. I didn't have to work today but I had a class and practice later on this afternoon. When I woke up from my nap, I showered and cleaned up the crib. I was tired of Amber always nagging about something. It was like she didn't appreciate the fact that I was letting her stay here rent free.

When we first got to SIU, she was living in a dorm but she was having issues with her roommate stealing her stuff. She went to the dean of admissions several times but they did nothing, finally she came crying to Daddy Odell like she does anytime she gets in a bind.

I didn't mind though because I loved Amber. I've loved her every since we were kids. I went through so many heartbreaks as I watched her love other dudes, and when they all broke her heart she came running back to me.

While in high school my mother died of cancer, and it broke me to my core. My pops eventually turned to drinking and he had to admit himself in the hospital. He's still alive and is getting better but I had to leave.

I couldn't watch him kill himself, I mean I already lost one parent, I didn't want to loose two. Out of all my uncles and aunties No other family member wanted to take me in, it was Amber's mom and Dad who let me stay with them

When they found out I was living in my car, they weren't going. They let me share a room with Amber's older brother Austin until he went off to the Army, then that room became mine. They treated me like a son, and I said if I ever made it with this football shit they would always be straight financially. That's also the reason why I won't kick Amber out. She's my family and I can't do that.

After cleaning the kitchen, I took the trash out. I came back in and took something out for Amber to cook later. I started writing a grocery list, and once I got dressed, I went grocery shopping. Once I was done I went back to the house and put the groceries away. I was making me a sandwich when the doorbell rang.

I went and answered it seeing Amber's Mom. "Mama hey what you doing here?" I smiled giving her a hug.

"Hey son, I just came to check up on you kids, I got a box of goodies In the car," she said as she came and taking off her coat.

"I just went grocery shopping mama you shoulda called me,"

"Oh boy hush I wanted it to be a surprise, where is that daughter of mines?" She asked.

"Gone to class," I said rolling my eyes.

"What's going on Odell why the eye roll? ," mama asked

"Mama it ain't none to worry about I promise, just some stuff,"

"Boy stuff like what, you know you can tell me anything,"

Mama was right I did tell her everything, I remember when I first told her I had a crush on Amber. Whenever we were alone together she would keep a sharp eye as well as tease me. She even helped me buy Amber certain presents.

Like for her birthday I got her a diamond Apple Watch, and when she graduated high school I got her a lap top and a computer bag. My gifts were always good ones thanks to momma, but amber never caught on she was slow as hell like her pops.

"I don't want her to get mad at me for talking to you momma so you can't say nothing," I said as I sat down.

"Boy talk to me, what's wrong,"

"She's just Been nagging mama like I don't pay the rent and keep food In here she's being ungrateful." I said shaking my head.

"You sure you don't want me to talk to her",

"No momma imma just deal with it," I said as I grabbed my bag

"Okay son, well come by the hotel room later on so we can talk some more,"

"Okay momma love you, lock up when you leave ," I kissed her forehead and left.

******

LET ME KNOW IF YOU GUYS LIKE IT !!!! COMMENT AND VOTE