Chapter 13

Odell -

"Come on Mrs. Baker I need you to sign off on this form so that I can be in the game Friday why are you being so difficult?" I ask annoyed.

"Why am I being so difficult? Mr. Beckham I can't sign off on this form when you turn in garbage, what was your grades on the last paper you turned in?" She asks me.

"D," I say shuffling through the papers.

"Are you satisfied with that grade?"

"No,"

"Then that's your task, rewrite the paper, look at my notes in the margins remember notes from my lectures if you didn't take any notes they are posted on blackboard. Bring me a decent paper by Thursday and I'll sign off on your form,"

"Alright thanks Mrs. Baker," I say before leaving her class room. I wasn't good with writing papers hopefully maybe Amber could help me see where I'm going wrong.

I walked out into the hall and seen Destiny with a group of some of our friends. I tried to go the other way and not be seen but it was too late.

"Yo O! What you on tomorrow night I'm throwing a party think you can make it?" Dustin asks.

"He probably can't he has a girlfriend and you know how that goes," she said as ever one laughed. I glared at her and she turned her head.

"Yeah Dustin I'll swing by with my girl if that's not a problem," I say mostly to Destiny.

"Nah it's not bro see you then," he says back.

"See you round," I say before walking away.

"Odell! Have you gotten all your signatures?" Coach asks.

"Almost I just need one more,"

"Alright well get too it we certainly can't have you sitting on the bench you're our star player,"

"Aw thanks coach I appreciate you for saying that," I smile and make my way across game to the dining hall where Amber is waiting for me. We grab lunch and then we sit at the back.

"Okay so she likes your thesis statement that's good you don't have to re-write that because those are pretty hard but I mostly see a lot of grammatical errors baby, and run on sentences your third paragraph isn't very clear it and it's very off topic I'm confused as to what you're actually trying to say because you're talking about so many things,"

"Got it," I say as I open up my notebook. I skim to a fresh page and grab my pen. I draw out a organization map and began writing out my topics and three bullet point facts to back up the topic.

"So you hear Dustin Jones is throwing a party tomorrow night?"

"Yeah I was gonna ask you if you wanted to swing by for a few minutes but the way things are going with this paper I might be hitting the books instead,"

"Okay well I mean I should sit this one out too I mean I felt queasy all day today I'm surprised I'm not barfing up this pizza.

"Maybe you're hungry you did go all day without eating don't get in the habit of doing that eat something even if it's a banana," I say to her.

"Wow okay daddy," she teases.

"Hey seriously I'm just looking out for you and the baby,"

"I know O I'm just teasing,"

"Okay here look at this updated organizer chart I'll follow the chart as I'm writing the paper,"

"Good this is better, stick to this and I'm most certain you'll get a better grade,"

"Thanks for your help,"

"Hey no problem,"

"So uh, Christmas break is in two weeks I say we go home and tell your parents,"

"O it's not going to be easy my father is going to trip for real," she says to me.

"I know but we're the child's parents they no longer have a say so, they'll be mad now but when the baby is born they'll be acting like number one grand parents," I respond.

"Yeah that's true,"

"Alright then, on Christmas we tell them," I say.

"Okay,"

We finish eating and I get back to my paper.

*****

After Amber's last class she came to the car and we went home. We showered and I threw something together for dinner. We ate and climbed in bed together.

"O I have to be honest, I'm scared about the pregnancy," Amber says once I turn out the lights.

"You don't have nothing to be scared of baby I'll be right by your side every step of the way," I say before kissing her.

"I'm so happy I'm having your baby O, I hope it's a little boy I wanna give you a boy bae," She says as she cuddles into my arms.

"I would love to having a lil man, and a princess too, whatever we have I'm gonna be happy baby,"

"Good you know what I need to be happy right now?" She asks.

"What's that?"

"For you to feed me some of that Oreo cheesecake,"

"Bae,"

"Bae please let me cheat,"

"Fine bae you can cheat only today,"

"Yay! Cheese cake now!" She squeals. Shaking my head I go off to the kitchen and grab the cheesecake out the fridge along with a fork. I get back in the bed and I feed her cheese cake while we watch Eli on Netflix

********