Chapter 16

Several Weeks later -

Odell POV -

Today we were going to find out the sex of the baby and I couldn't be any more excited.

I was hoping like hell for a boy but no matter what God blesses us with, I was going to be happy. 

I was even happier cause me and Amber was starting a new chapter in our lives together. We were looking for a new house since graduation was only five months away.

I was also looking at engagement rings, I had a lil surprise for Amber that I was cooking up all I needed was her to hold on just a little longer, she wasn't pressuring me or anything I just didn't want her to think that marriage wasn't on the table.

After showering and getting dressed I fixed us some breakfast, we said our grace and ate together, then I cleaned up the kitchen, while Amber went back to finish getting dressed.

I was straightening up the living room when I heard the mail box close and the screen door open. I saw the mail lady walk away, so I went opening the door and all these damn boxes and yellow packages fell in the floor. "What the hell," I said under my breath. I knew damn well I ain't order nothing.

Of course every package was for Amb. Shaking my head I brought everything inside. "Amber!" I yell pulling out my phone.

"Yeah baby?" She comes walking into the living room.

"Uh, I thought you said you ain't have any money? That's why I gave you what I gave you the other day," I say putting my hand on my waist.

"I didn't O,"

"So why the hell you ordering all these packages?" I ask.

"Huh," she says turning her head.

"Girl if you say huh you can hear, I'm changing the amazon password," I say opening the Amazon app on my phone. I did the Touch ID logging in and seeing the recent purchases. All this damn shit she ordered, stuff was still on the way.

"Boy you do that and you might as well get comfortable in the living room," she says making me laugh.

"Come on baby we talking about buying a house and you splurging on Amazon,"

"I was getting things that I needed O,"

"So you need make up brushes, and a party light speaker?"

"Yes and if you scroll down I got some stuff for you too,"

"Stuff like what?" I hand her, her jacket.

"You said you wanted a new shaving kit, I got you the new madden game for your PlayStation and underwear," she says. I scroll and I do see all of that.

"Damn okay, well that shit is essentially excused but all this other stuff you ain't need," I say laughing. She sticks up her middle finger and I slap her on the butt.

"We played that game already girl, now is you ready to go?"

"Yeah come on bae,"

****

Amber -

I don't know why I was feeling a little nervous maybe because afterwards we were going to my parents house. I was so worried about how daddy was going to react.

I was a daddies girl at heart, whenever I needed to make certain decisions I would go to my daddy first, and I hated whenever he was upset with me, so I tried to do everything right. I was hurt when mama said he didn't approve of me and O being together.