Chapter 4.

Amber -

The next morning I got early, after getting dressed, I went to my interview. Technically it wasn't an interview, because I got my clock in and clock out number, and my uniform. Devin my new manager showed me around, and helped me out whenever I needed help. I didn't get off until 6 o'clock, I was beyond tired. I pulled out of the busy parking lot and sped off home.

When I made it home, Trey, Chris, Deandre and O were in the dining area playing cards. "hey Amb," The guys greeted. "Hey guys what you boys doing?"!I asked walking over to O. I leaned on him a bit.

"Nun just playing cards," Chris said smiling at O. He stuck up his middle finger and I laughed.

"How was work?" O asked me.

"It was good, I like it there,"

"Where you working at?" Trey asked me.

"Walmart,"

"Damn they hiring?" He asked.

"Yeah well I don't know I just walked up and the manager walked out and gave the opportunity," I said honestly.

"True True well when you get in in put in a good word for your boy,"

"Okay Trey we'll see, uhm O, what do you want for dinner?" I asked him.

"You don't have to cook nothing we ordered pizza,"

"Yeah it's plenty of food in the kitchen If you hungry Amb," Trey said.

"Okay I'll see you boys later,"

"See ya," they said back.

I went and showered and went to my room to study. I was almost done with my homework when O knocked on my door and he entered.

"So you know my game is tomorrow right?"

"Yes O, I know,"

"And afterwards we going to have the party,"

"Okay that's fine I told you I would cook the food,"

"Alright Cool, well uh they gone so I'm bout to clean up and then go to bed.

"Okay cool,"

He left out and I turned my light out going to sleep.

*****

Game Night -

Amber -

"You got some more eyeliner Amb?" Tiffany asked me.

"Yeah," I reached in my purse and handed her some of my eyeliner. We were in my other friend Jaspers car, the game was about to start soon but we were still getting ready. I was wearing a pair of cut up shorts with some black and white vans along with O's Jersey.

"Y'all ready?" I asked them.

"Girl don't be rushing us because your man got you on a time limit," Jasper said as her and Tiffany laughed.

"So glad y'all think that's funny but O doesn't have anybody on a time limit,"

"Girl boo let you be late, he gone put one in yo ass," They laughed.

"Whatever," I lied but I knew they were right, let me had of been late he would literally be so mad with me. He wouldn't talk to me for weeks.

We got out of the car and walked inside the school and onto the bleachers. I made sure my make up and hair was on point. Some of the cheerleaders gave me dirty looks as they spotted me sporting O's Jersey.