4- Jealous

Taeyong's POV

"You could have at least told me that she was your partner," Taeyong sulked as he sat on the wall, the usual spot with a bubble tea sitting unfinished at his side, "You were dead-ass drunk and all I could say to Y/N is 'do you want some ice cream?' "

Mark guffawed, making Taeyong's lips quirk up, slightly.  To be honest, Mark's laugh was actually quite contagious.

"Wow, you really are smitten with this girl, aren't you?"

Taeyong's slight smile twisted back into a glare.

"Who is this she?" Taeyong turned to find a tall male figure with brown hair and soft brown eyes.  The boy ran his fingers through his scalp, his hairstyle immediately springing back into its original position.  Jaehyun.

Or HeWhoHasBeenShooketh, Taeyong smirked.

"YF/N L/N," Mark replied for him, "and I think our man here has a girl problem with this one." He smiled mischievously, which was returned by a growl from Taeyong.  

"Ooooooh, does my man, Taeyong, have a crush?" Taeyong glanced to his right where his friend, had just appeared, sipping a caramel cappuccino.  He rolled his eyes at the younger boy.  

"Don't you have a class to be attending right now, or are you skipping?" Taeyong asked, annoyance growing in his voice.  He wished that he had never brought the subject up with the rest of the crew.  Now he was going to have to deal with their incessant whining all day.

But to be fair, this happened more than 24/7.

As he stood up to walk away, claiming that he had a stomach-ache, the door to the cafe opened as a familiar girl walked out, chatting happily with a tall, handsome boy with bright blue hair who he recognized as Park Jisung from Mark's younger friend group.  He stopped and stared in shock.  Y/N and another boy? Taeyong narrowed his eyes as he watched the cheerful pair pass by, both obviously caught up in a deep conversation.  For some reason, he felt a tug at his heart, something...irked him about seeing Y/N with another guy.  Was she Jisung's girlfriend? Or was she just a friend?

"Is someone jealous?" Taeyong turned back around to find Doyoung, Jaehyun, and Mark all staring at him.  

Cheesits, I need new friends.

He shook his head, glared, then turned back and walked away.  

_____________

Your POV

"H-hey, do you want to go and get a coffee after your shift is up?" You looked up as the cute blue-haired boy stood over you, fiddling with his hands. He seemed so nervous to ask you, which made you smile.  Jisung was too cute, sometimes. 

"Sure," you replied and saw a look of relief wash over his face, "I'll meet you there at 2." He then bought a pack of jellies.

When your shift at the store was over, you didn't hesitate to pick up your stuff and leave, checking the time.  It was only 1:20, so you walked back to your dorm to change.  You decided to wear your new cute sweater with a plaid skirt that had only been worn once and fixed your makeup so that you would look extra nice.  Then you checked yourself in the mirror and fluffed up your hair, double-checking, and triple-checking to make sure that everything was perfect before you grabbed your purse and heading out.  

(My gf really likes this style, btw, so she wanted me to add this picture, lol)

You found him easily in the cafe, sitting by the window, and tapped him on the shoulder.  When he turned and saw you, his eyes sparkled, "You look so beautiful, Y/N!" Jisung said, which made you blush.  You sat down across from him and chatted for a while, drinking coffee that he had ordered for both of you while he was waiting. 

After you caught him staring at you for the fourth time, you bothered to ask, "what is it?"

"You just look so different." Jisung blurted out.  His ears were dusted over in pink.

Cutie.

"Is that good or is that bad?" You didn't expect his next words.

"You always look good, no matter what, and you always are so cheerful and smart.  I like that you are so kind to me and even though I have only known you for about a year, it feels like I have known you forever.  I think that you are such a good person and you always make my day," Jisung pauses, embarrassed, drawing in a breath.  You found yourself smiling more and more by the second, your heart beating faster.  He looked at you and smiled, reaching over and pinching your cheek, playfully.

"YAH, Jisungie," you swatted at his hand while he reached over and poked your nose," You are so cute."

Outside, you noticed some movement and watched from the corner of your eye when you saw the red-haired boy from yesterday with a group of his friends.  One of them was Mark.  Taeyong, you remembered his name to be.  He seemed distraught over something, but you couldn't figure out what.  His friends must have said something to make him mad because he started glaring at them. 

Seems normal.

Jisung noticed that you were distracted and looked over at the red-haired boy, too.  

"Taeyong hyung?" he asked, quietly, then he shook his head before looking at you and smiling with a bright eye-smile.  It made you happy, and so you forgot about Taeyong.  

"How about we go to the amusement park?" Jisung suggested.  You hesitated, thinking about the times when you hated going to the amusement park.  It wasn't exactly your forte.  

Jisung noticed and smiled, understanding your discomfort, even though you had never told him about your dislike of amusement parks," I think you would like the Ferris wheel, and they have cotton candy!" You laughed, relieved and agreed to go, walking out with him to your next destination. 

________________

Taeyong's POV

Taeyong laid on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, wondering what he was going to do about Y/N.  He was surprised that he had felt so jealous of seeing her with the other boy, which he still couldn't figure out why he had felt in the first place.

It's not like she's that special to me, anyway.  

But she is special in some way. 

He glared at the wall, contemplating whether or not he should talk to Y/N. 

No.  

He shook his head of the thought of her smile and her laugh over Mark's stupidity, but the image of her still stuck in his mind, playing over and over.  Taeyong groaned.

"I am so dead, now." He whined to himself, angrily punching a pillow in frustration.  

She means nothing to me.

She means the world to you.

She probably already has someone else.

And that doesn't mean you can get her?

I don't like her.

And yet you do. 

I like her.  And I am jealous. 

And perhaps...I'd need a bit of tutoring from a certain someone, too.

That's my boy.

______________________

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter!!

~J&Y