19- Superman

High School

"Yah, Dumbass!" Jina and her group of friends, other popular girls that you knew, stood over you, pushing you against the wall outside the school where no one would see you.  She had you by your hair, so you couldn't move, and every once in a while, she would tug at it cruelly.  It was cold and there was still snow on the ground.  You wanted to go inside because you had forgotten your jacket, but you knew that Jina would never in a million years let you go.  Not until she was done with you.  

There was a wicked gleam in her eyes as she unscrewed the cap of a water bottle that one of her friends had, "You need a shower, Dumbass, " she said, "I hope you feel refreshed."

You closed your eyes waiting for the water to splash over your face, waiting for the cold air to become frigid against your skin.  Instead, you felt yourself being pushed down by someone else.  Water sprayed everywhere except on you.  There was a screech from the group of girls, Jina, especially.

"What the hell, Daniel?" You heard her say, "What are you doing protecting that little-"

You looked up to see your savior, a tall, handsome boy with blonde hair and an angelic face.  He was drenched in water, but he stood firm, like a guardian angel. 

"Jina.  Hasn't life taught you anything?  You know better than this. Now go." His voice was deep but soft. 

Jina hesitated, weighing the situation out in her mind.  It was obvious that this boy meant business and he was going to protect you at all costs.  But why? You didn't even know him.  To your surprise, she then turned around with a roll of her eyes.

The boy turned back, looking down at you with kind eyes as he reached out a hand to help you up.

"I'm sorry about your shirt-" you began as you got up, half expecting him to be annoyed at the state of his shirt, but he only waved it off, dismissively.  

"I'm sorry about my sister. She's always like that. I'm Kang Daniel, by the way- from Wanna One."

"Y-you mean the mob group...?"

"Yep." He gave you a funny grin and his face suddenly reminded you of a puppy, "but don't worry.  We protect the people that need to be protected. Like you."

He made you smile.  Your own personal Superman. Wherever you needed him.

___________________________

Today was your birthday.  Obviously, no one knew.  Not one person.  Why would anyone, anyways?

"Hey, Y/N!" You turned to see Daniel waving at you from down the hall, his blonde hair standing out in the crowd of students around him.  Several people turned to look in bewilderment as he walked towards you grinning from ear to ear.

Your best friend linked his arms around yours and marched you down the hallway.

"Hey, where are you taking me?" You protested, but he didn't answer.  

Daniel led you to a closed door, and you looked at him in annoyance.

"Open the door," he said.  You were still annoyed, wondering if this was a joke.  Maybe he was just pranking you, again.

The lights of the classroom flickered on and you gasped in surprise and joy as your classmates cheered.

"Happy birthday, Y/N!"

At your seat, which was near the front, you saw presents and a birthday cake.  Your first real birthday.  

You turned around to face your friend, your eyes welling up with joyous tears and Daniel gave you a big bear hug.  

"Happy birthday, Y/N," you heard him say.  You had never felt so happy in your life.

Superman had come to the rescue, again.