7- Party Rivals

Your POV

"You should have told me that it was Taeyong's party," you complained as you and Jisung arrived on the 4th floor of the apartment complex that you now knew quite well, in fact.  You tugged on the hems of your shorts and fixed your hair, somewhat nervous that this was your first time attending a party.  The beat of a bass drum could be heard from outside the door of room 402.  

You didn't have to knock because the door was unlocked, and it wasn't like anyone was going to hear you knocking.  The blast of music hit your ears as people that you didn't even know flowed around you like water.  Everything was chaos.  You felt a sense of claustrophobia and grasped Jisung's hand, not wanting to let go in fear of being separated.

"I want you to meet my friends.  They are dying to meet you," he shouted over the din.  You only nodded, wanting to cover your ears from all the sounds you were hearing.

You passed by many a couple making out and even more with drinks in their hands.  Several were drunk, how much they had been drinking, you didn't know, but you hated to see them drunk like that.  It reminded you of how your father always drank before he passed away.

Jisung led you to a group of boys that you assumed were his friends and he introduced you, while you stood shyly by his side.  

One of the boys, with bright lavender hair and an equally bright smile, walked over to you, "Hi, I am Chenle," he said, "So you are Jisung's girlfriend." His smile grew when you nodded and you wondered how his face didn't split in two with such a big grin.  Then, to your surprise, he engulfed you in a tight bear hug. 

"Chenle, don't scare her." You watched in awe as another boy with airy orange- pink hair came up and detached Chenle from you.  He smiled, "My name is peachy Jaemin." He winked with a flirty smile that made your boyfriend roll his eyes. 

As you got to know the group better, you felt a little more comfortable.  There was Jaemin, Jeno, Chenle, and Rejun.  Mark, they said, was also their friend, but he had disappeared to say hi to his other friend groups, as well.  

You were enjoying yourself, dancing with Jeno and Jaemin, and laughing at Chenle's bad jokes.  Rejun, a blond-haired boy with a soft smile, offered to get you a non-alcoholic beverage, which you gladly accepted.  You were adamant about sticking to sprite, only.  While you were waiting for him to return, you suddenly noticed another group of boys walking towards you and your heart stopped when you saw who was in the lead.

Jisung spotted Taeyong as he made his way across towards his group.  Immediately, you felt a rising tension as the other boys around you noticed and stood up, too, gathering around like a protective shield while you held onto Jisung's hand, unsure of the situation.

Taeyong's eyes landed coldly on Jisung, who stared back with similar defiance.  The rest of his crew, which you recognized as the same group of boys that passed you earlier when you were shopping, stood facing Jisung's group, eyes glaring. 

You glanced back and forth, unsure about what was going on, and wondered why both groups were looking at one another so fiercely.

"Y/N, meet NCT U," you heard Jisung say, formally. You were confused.  

"Do you have a name?" You asked, looking up into his eyes, which were still as cold as ice.  

"NCT Dream." 

You wondered why there was a rivalry between both the groups and why they both had named one another but knew that this was not the time to ask.  Whatever was going on, you couldn't interfere.  

Taeyong must have said something to Jisung because Jisung lurched forward to punch him.  The tension skyrocketed by a tenfold.  You felt faint, not wanting to see your baby hitting someone else.  You didn't want anyone to get hurt.