20- I Promise You

Your POV

1 week later

When you had been carried through the door of Taeyong's apartment the night you were rescued, you had been immediately engulfed by hugs.  The problem was, you had never felt so empty in your life. And you cried.  And cried.  And cried.

You had even cried while Taeyong hugged you, which was a problem.  Because he could always be counted on to make you feel better.  But eventually, he managed to work his charms on you yet again, promising that he would never let you go, again.

There were still moments where you felt like you had to turn around and see if Daniel was there or not but Taeyong was always there to comfort you when you had those moments.  Because he understood how much your friend meant to you.  It was something that he loved about you, your loyalty to your friends and to the ones closest to you.

Today, he held your hand as you stood over your friend's grave while you said your final tearful goodbyes.  On the way back to the car, you ran into Wanna One and gave each of them a hug. Ong gave you reassurance that Jina was going to stay in jail for a very long time, which made you feel much better, knowing that she got the justice that she deserved for good.

When you got back to the apartment, Taeyong made hot chocolate with frothy cream in the shape of a heart and sprinkles on top while you sat on the couch, gazing out the window at the raindrops.  

"You know how much he meant to you, and I still love you Y/N, no matter what," he whispered in your ear, which although you were still sad, made you smile as he played with your hair.  

"Shut up and do your classwork," came your playful response, and Taeyong rolled his eyes, leaning forward to kiss you on the cheek before giving you a look that made you bite your lip.  

"What?" You asked as innocently as possible.

Taeyong laughed, " you are my classwork." Then, he carried you up the stairs, bridal style to his bedroom as you giggled all the way.

____________________________________

 6 months later

You were walking with him, hand in hand in the park.  The very park where you had kissed him the day that he confessed his undying love to you.  The park where everything suddenly became whole, again.  The breeze played with your hair, tickling the back of your neck.

"Y/N, keep walking, I will catch up with you," Taeyong said, letting go of your hand.  You watched, perplexed, as he walked off out of sight, but shrugged and continued to admire the scenery.  

The sun was setting in a gorgeous display that made everything a bright array of colors, greens, pinks, and blues.  It made you smile.  

With the sun low in the sky, you saw the path glowing ahead of you, which piqued your interest.  Candles.  A whole line of them lining the sidewalk.  You smiled, vaguely, and tentatively made your way down.  

Your heart beat faster as you followed the path of candles toward a gazebo that sat near the edge of the park.  Here, the candles melted into fragrant rose petals.  You bent down to pick up a handful, letting them fall in between your fingers as you breathed in their scent.  

The gazebo was softly lit with paper lanterns and you made a full 360, taking in the view, perfect with the sunset.  Was this for you? 

"Y/N.." You gasped and turned around.  Taeyong stood behind you, dressed in a tuxedo, a fresh red rose in the front breast pocket.  He gave you a soft smile as he took your hands in his.

Damn.  And you never thought you would get to see him wearing a suit and tie.

"Y/N, you are always the light of my life.  Ever since the first day, you were the stars in my eyes."

You couldn't believe your eyes as he got down on one knee before you, the most beautiful ring held in his hands.

"Marry me, Y/N. And be my shining light, forever."