07

Beorn looked to the ground beneath his paws, he could clearly see a few sets of footprints. There was a travelling group somewhere within this wood and these prints would lead him straight to them. Keeping low, or as low as he could get, he continued onwards. He looked around, checking to see if the surrounding birds were changing in behaviour. He had slowly come to rely on them, they made very good scouts and guards. At the moment the birds which were visible were just going about their business. They were at peace, clearly the travelling group were of no big threat.

Or at least, not a threat to them. Tilting his head to the side, Beorn climbed up a slight bank and continued following the prints, if something wasn't a threat to the birds and the other creatures, he doubt they'd be much of a threat to himself either, or to Ylva. But yet, there was still something niggling away. It may have just been Ylva's moment over spying the camp fire, if she did perhaps manage to spy who these travellers were then he probably wouldn't be creeping with such apprehension.

Pausing and peering around a tree, he narrowed his eyes, he had been so caught up in his thoughts that he had almost skimmed past the sound of voices. They were distant, definitely mortal, which caused him to release a breath he didn't realise he was holding. If the travellers were anything else he wouldn't know what course of action to take. If they were wargs with orc riders then naturally he knew what avenue to go down. But if they were elven, what would he do then? Walk away, he presumed. He didn't wish to get caught up with the elves, and something deep within him made him think they wouldn't want to get caught up with him or Ylva either.

Not that he minded that, it just meant more peace and quiet. Looking around, he moved away from the trees he was hiding behind. They seemed to have settled even more so since Ylva last saw them, or their signs of fire. Canvas tents were now erected, some were being held up by pieces of logs, others were rather cleverly positioned so the material was in the trees yet hung in such a way that it'd still shelter someone when they laid underneath.

In a stone circle the fire roared vibrantly. The dark orange and red flames licked and flicked around the wood which was within the circle. The only real continuous sounds were the crackling of the fire. The sounds of the breeze within the trees and branches, the rustling of the leaves and the lapping sounds of smoke from the fire. Every so often there were voices.

To this Beorn paid little attention, though he did catch the conversation and where they intended to go. To this he just rolled his eyes and continued surveying the area. They were in a clearing, they hadn't set up anything to guard them, there was four in total. Each of the men had their own little place to sleep, a pack or two close by. These no doubt housed clothes, food, water and other such supplies.

Getting an idea from seeing these, Beorn turned and decided to leave the men alone. He didn't want to stay too long in case they saw him lurking on the outskirts of their camp. Quickly making his way back to the house, he slowed down when he saw the small building looming in the sudden darkness which was coming from the sun setting. Clearly hearing him, or the sounds of footfalls, Ylva's face peered around the back door. The back door was the only one attached in place. She blinked and squinted in the sudden shadows which were stretching their way through the trees and along the ground.

Stepping out of the house, she walked forwards just as he moved from a few trees. She let out a yelp when he gently placed a hand on her shoulder. She was intent on looking forwards that she never saw him approaching from the side. From clearly scaring her, he received a narrow eyed look and a slap to the shoulder. "Don't do that!" She exclaimed in a huff while crossing her arms. Beorn just looked down at her simply, allowing her to have her moment of being mad at him. This moment lasted little less than a minute before she looked back up at him with a faint smile. It seemed she was rather unable to be mad, let alone at him. "So?" She questioned curiously.