35

An outing altogether couldn't just be as simple as it seemed. Upon having immediate freedom the children naturally ran through the meadows beyond the fence which surrounded their home. All four seemed to enjoy the feeling of grass beneath their feet. Lyall happily kart-wheeled and landed with a quiet thud in the long grass. With her down both Torben and Raul sought to piling on the poor girl. Urška stood by watching with her hands behind her back. Her older siblings had a habit of playing roughly, and really she didn't wish to take part in that.

Beorn and Ylva lazily walked a little behind them. They both casually went from observing them, to their surroundings to conversing. It had to be easily admitted that it did feel good to be outside. The weather was warm, yet slightly chilly when the sun decided to hide behind the clouds. A light breeze blew through the leaves on the trees, causing them to rustle gently.

"Is that smoke?" Ylva asked while lifting her arm up and pointing to the horizon. Beorn looked to the sky and watched as the smoke lifelessly trailed through the sky. Tilting his head to the side, he looked suddenly troubled. It was an expression which caused Ylva to frown. She lowered her arm and turned to look at him. "You knew!" She exclaimed while pointing a finger at him.

"Why else do you think I kept leaving? Someone needed to keep an eye on them. Do you remember the last time people that came close to us? It'd be even worse now with them," Beorn said while casting a quick look to the children. Lyall's head peeked up over the grass with blades sticking out from her hair. She looked slightly annoyed about the team up which had happened and got inflicted on her, she wasted no time to pounce on the nearest brother. Poor Torben got shuttled to the ground and decided to pull Raul down with him.

Ylva ran a hand down her face and looked to him with a frown. "Couldn't you have told me we were likely to have campers nearby?"

"So you could fret and worry?"

"So I could perhaps sneak into their camp at night and nab things which we may need." Ylva smirked and rubbed her hands together. Her gleeful moment ended rather quickly by the blank look sent down at her.

"No," Beorn said while turning and walking forwards. He glanced at her as she darted forwards to be by his side again. "We don't need to do that anymore. We don't need to interact with passer-bys. Likewise they don't need to interact with us." He paused and put a finger to her lips when she saw fit to reply. "Unless the passer-bys are friends, naturally." This seemed to sit well with her as she pulled his hand away and held onto it.

"May I suggest we change course then?" Ylva tilted her head to the side and looked to the children. They all perked up and ran to them though when she called out for them to come to her.

"Where then?" Beorn asked curiously. The way they were going would just lead to the small woodland which sat opposite to their home. It would be a peaceful, pleasant place to just let the children explore. Only now...now it seemed it was possibly inhabited, it was best to avoid it at all costs. Luckily enough none of the children had noticed the smoke, so they hadn't sought to comment.

Kneeling down, Ylva reached out and tucked hair over Raul's ear before looking to the small faces around her. "We're going elsewhere."

"Where?" Was the natural retort which Torben gave as Ylva glanced at him quickly.

She sighed and hung her head before patting her knees and standing up. Looking from them to Beorn, she winced slightly and smiled. "To Radagast's."

"No." Beorn shortly said in a whisper. Honestly, he would be up for going anywhere. But not Mirkwood. No, just no. He was sure that the place was no longer inhabited by dark beings and there was no longer a heavy atmosphere hanging over it. But he was still not at peace with willingly going in there, let alone with his family.